Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 31st, 2023, 10:21 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
Resubmitting Yngvild Pass.

Requires: 1 RotV and 1 TT
.PDF Download

Each pothole next to the glacier level 3 snow has been removed.
Added a level 1 ice space to each side of the glyph level 3 snow.

The new version was used at HexiCon and NE Ohio Basement Brawl (link to .org). It was also used online for CCL Qualifer #2
Same as Superfrog, I'l give Yngwild Pass an upvote as I was about to upvote the first version and the second version seems even better.

I've played the first version bunch of times and the experience was always excellent.
While looking simple it's a map that brings a lot to the table with the big glacier and the ruin effectively cutting center of the map horizontally in 4 different zones. And all 4 different zone having super interesting micro-positioning choices.
It is a map that really shines with thoughtful glyphs selection from the tournament organizer but which also works fine without that.

The center in between the 2 part of the startzone is also a point of interest, but not too strong as it can't cover the glyphs zones, so figures in the glyphs zones have free reign over the startzone while the figures on height in between the startzones have nothing to attack. While I feel some level 3 near startones is often a problem but it isn't for me on this map, I actually even see this level 3 helping melee fight range in some situations.

While having no "melee helpers" sets on it, I feel melee is completely fine on this map, the map feels very nice is to navigate through, making attacking plays on the different zones very possible, or just simply forbidding range to settle there by being there first.
Incent to go forward is very high and the action usually start extremly fast, and almost everywhere at once.

The map is beautiful, very cohesive TT+RotV landscape.

While not looking complicated, Yngwild Pass checks all the criterias of a great tournament map and should be part of the Wargrounds of Scape. YES to induct.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios