Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 4th, 2018, 11:20 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: 9.14.18]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I would just specify that they cannot be targeted by a non adjacent figures that are not wounded to keep it from being confusing. I only realized that you already were doing it that way from reading the explanation. I really like the whole bit otherwise. Its very thematic and cool. Also congrats on your SOV victory. Well deserved with all your work you put in to it.
I guess I didn't realize that wasn't clear.

Also, Thank you.
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: OCT. 1, 2018]

I like the theme and the minis.

I'm not a huge fan of Unyielding Bite. I understand its theme as you present it, but that doesn't sound so much "dog," or even "hunting dog," as it sounds like "pit bull." Which is a kind of dog but I think there might be something better for you to substitute there. Or leave it as a 2-power card.

Just a thought.

I hope you don't mind me also chiding you for confusing "it's" and "its." "It's" is a contraction for "it is." Every. Time. If you are using the apostrophe, make sure you mean "it is." If you don't, then you should be using "its."

These things matter. You never want to distract your readers with needless inaccuracies.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:58 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I like the theme and the minis.

I'm not a huge fan of Unyielding Bite. I understand its theme as you present it, but that doesn't sound so much "dog," or even "hunting dog," as it sounds like "pit bull." Which is a kind of dog but I think there might be something better for you to substitute there. Or leave it as a 2-power card.

Just a thought.

I hope you don't mind me also chiding you for confusing "it's" and "its." "It's" is a contraction for "it is." Every. Time. If you are using the apostrophe, make sure you mean "it is." If you don't, then you should be using "its."

These things matter. You never want to distract your readers with needless inaccuracies.
The idea was that they are trying to drag you down unto hell itself. They are huge dogs, so even if they aren't pit bulls, their sheer size gives them a bite much stronger than your standard dog. I experimented with giving them some kind of drag ability instead at one point, similar to Talon grab, but it was very wordy, and this was much more simple.

My current concerns are just how effective they are against range armies. I'm thinking I might take inspiration from the Ebon armor, and give them no hit zone when Unengaged.
Old October 12th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, that explains it. You struggled to nail the theme you wanted, so you developed a theme that isn't right, but at least - as you saw it - it's achievable.

I prefer the drag ability. It conveys theme. Let's work on it:

DRAG
After moving and before attacking with a Hellhound, you may select a small or medium figure engaged with that Hellhound figure. Move the selected figure to the space occupied by the Hellhound, and move the Hellhound to an unoccupied, same level, adjacent space. Figures moved by Drag do not take Leaving Engagement attacks.

The exposure to leaving engagement is deliberate. The "same-level" restriction eliminates lots of potential theme and mechanical problems, though it's obviously also imperfect thematically. <-- I realized that it becomes complicated when determining whether the moving figures can attack each other. So I eliminated LEAs.

Thoughts?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 12th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Well, that explains it. You struggled to nail the theme you wanted, so you developed a theme that isn't right, but at least - as you saw it - it's achievable.

DRAG
After moving and before attacking with a Hellhound, you may select a small or medium figure engaged with that Hellhound figure. Move the selected figure to the space occupied by the Hellhound, and move the Hellhound to an unoccupied, same level, adjacent space. Figures moved by Drag do not take Leaving Engagement attacks.

The exposure to leaving engagement is deliberate. The "same-level" restriction eliminates lots of potential theme and mechanical problems, though it's obviously also imperfect thematically. <-- I realized that it becomes complicated when determining whether the moving figures can attack each other. So I eliminated LEAs.

Thoughts?
Whoa...I'm impressed. I actually think that could work DS! Simple, and conveys a very good theme. I like it! Leaf...worth considering...I think he's got something here.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 12th, 2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:

DRAG

Thoughts?
Whoa...I'm impressed. I actually think that could work DS! Simple, and conveys a very good theme. I like it! Leaf...worth considering...I think he's got something here.
Hmm... sounds like Tactical Switch, but with more variability on where the hound can be. I would want to allow uneven ground,(with height restrictions) simply because not allowing it would create situations where it can't used due to the surrounding figures, or just the area you might be on the map.

My original version allows the hound to drag the figure across more spaces. Here's roughly what it was:
Quote:
DRAG:
If a Hound of Perdition starts its turn engaged to a Small Medium, or Large figure, you may choose to Drag that figure. When a Hound of Perdition uses Drag, it subtracts 3 from it's move. After moving, place the chosen figure on an empty adjacent space within 1 height level up or down. The chosen figure cannot make any leaving engagement attacks, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
What do you think? This allows the Hound to be attacked by other figures, just not the one being dragged.
Old October 12th, 2018, 04:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I actually like that Drag power a lot.

How about "an empty adjacent space that that Hound of Perdition moved through this turn"?
Old October 12th, 2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I actually like that Drag power a lot.

How about "an empty adjacent space that that Hound of Perdition moved through this turn"?
That could work. Though I imagine the hound could just sort of fling the figure around to it's other side as well... Your recommendation makes a lot of thematic sense though.
Old October 12th, 2018, 04:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

And that way you don't have to worry about "within 1 level" or some arbitrary restriction. They just need to have the move to get there.
Old October 12th, 2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
And that way you don't have to worry about "within 1 level" or some arbitrary restriction. They just need to have the move to get there.
Good point, I think I'll go with that.
Quote:
DRAG:
If a Hound of Perdition starts its turn engaged to a Small Medium, or Large figure, you may choose to Drag that figure. When a Hound of Perdition uses Drag, it subtracts 2 from it's move. After moving, place the chosen figure on an empty adjacent space that that Hound of Perdition moved through this turn. The chosen figure cannot make any leaving engagement attacks, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
I lowered the movement debuff to -2 since you can't place the figure on the other side of the hound now.
Old October 12th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Good point, I think I'll go with that.
I like where this is headed.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 12th, 2018, 09:20 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I like DS suggestion, ditch the one level higher concept. Making it too complicated.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards