Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 9th, 2023, 02:10 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I'd like to nominate Mist and Shadow by Flash_19. (2 BftU, 1 TT)

It has some of the classic glacier-hugging level 3 snow runs that we know and love from our favorite Tundra maps like Platypus, Draugur, and Yngvild Pass, but adds interest with well-placed level 4 spots and lots of level 2 shadow.

The LoS blockers are placed effectively (I appreciate the inclusion of the 3-hex rock outcrops that I'm so prone to cannibalize for shadow) and the map has a very clean aesthetic.

It's an OHS staple (S40, S44, S47) and has also been used in Utah (December 2022, October 2021) and Oregon (October 2021).
Following up this nomination with an upvote that could have/should have come sooner but I got busy focusing my attention on other maps (hopefully another 3 votes (!) coming from me in the next month-ish).

One thing that I’ll point out here that makes Mist and Shadow such a good example of a tundra map is the placement of the medium blockers and how the map flexes to compensate for that placement. Flash is obviously known for hex-shaped maps, and Mist and Shadow is kinda-but-not-really a hex shape. If you chop off the SZs it does make a pretty clear hex shape, but Flash smartly made this map a bit longer than a full hex would be so that the 3 and 4 hex glaciers/outcrops can breathe a bit away from the center while still providing some definition to the map’s pathing.

This means that while the center is dominated by the 6-hex glacier, the edges of the map through its middle are relatively free-flowing and can each have their own level 4 height features without getting choked up (pushing the glyph to the edge also helps with this).

Overall, Mist and Shadow is a winner. to induct.

Last edited by superfrog; March 9th, 2023 at 02:47 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios