Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 18th, 2018, 01:18 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Bigga has made excellent points on the price of Xundar. I like the change to a ranged Special Attack to differentiate him from Kurrok, but that gives him legitimate offensive potential and a terrifying ability to kite (especially since he can be freely positioned while doing his commanding in a way that even Kantono can't rival). All he needs to do is continuously back away from a slow melee squad in the endgame to win on his own, which is slightly worrisome for a commander. One solid kill blocks off the attackers and potentially ties them down depending on the map, which only makes it easier for him to evade them.

I would urge you to keep his SA at 3 dice. 4 both seems thematically too powerful to me and might be overwhelming to the opponent depending on the situation, especially considering how he gets a revive if it succeeds. Even at 5 range, the kiting potential is still really good.

2 attack on the Wraiths very much evokes the Shades of Bleakwoode to me, which I think is fitting all things considered.
Old October 18th, 2018, 02:13 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I agree with 2 attack on the Wraiths.
The attacks are less worrisome...

Feels like everytime I voice a concern about a particular part of a card in this faction, a different part gets addressed.

Oh you don't like having the ability to take potentially 6 turns on an OM(Potentially more, wraith a mind flayer...) okay, well I will just adjust the attack from a 3->2. Fixed.

Uh...

I am just one voice, sure...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 18th, 2018, 02:19 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Sure, you can potentially take that many turns. But taking a turn with an opponent's unit isn't always very powerful. I'd almost always take a guaranteed turn of 4 or 5 attack (with a Hound) than a turn with 2 attack and a potential for a turn with an opponent's hero.

If I'm trading 4 attack for 3 attack, it's not as big of a tradeoff, so I'd be much more likely to take three turns with Wraiths. If their attack is 2, it gives you less incentive to take the turn with them.

There's more than one way to skin nerf a cat.
Old October 18th, 2018, 02:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Sure, you can potentially take that many turns. But taking a turn with an opponent's unit isn't always very powerful. I'd almost always take a guaranteed turn of 4 or 5 attack (with a Hound) than a turn with 2 attack and a potential for a turn with an opponent's hero.

If I'm trading 4 attack for 3 attack, it's not as big of a tradeoff, so I'd be much more likely to take three turns with Wraiths. If their attack is 2, it gives you less incentive to take the turn with them.

Exactly. Unfortunately I didn't really explain it as well as you just did, but yes that's the idea.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 18th, 2018, 02:31 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:

Exactly. Unfortunately I didn't really explain it as well as you just did, but yes that's the idea.
I am not buying it, I see Nilfheim or Q9(or any good hero) Across the battlefield, I am going to be using the wraiths over the other Shadows, an attack of 3 vs 2 isn't going to stop me.

It will make them worse vs Commons, definitely.

In the end, the concern I have about these continues to be the same concern. 3 turns with the same Common figure(Either Wraiths or Tentacles). I'd feel better if there were a restriction on how many of the same Shadow Form you could use.

Old October 18th, 2018, 02:43 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I will agree to disagree with you here. Additional restrictions (especially on which types you can activate) on these guys will make them nigh impossible to play with very well. They are far from competitively OP, as seen in my playtests, and forcing the faction to take turns with different types will destroy the flexibility these guys need to be effective and useful. For example, if you've limited them to 1 different type every turn then there's no army build for JUST hounds or JUST Demons or an army of JUST 2 of the types. Rather you'd always have to have a mixed army which would deaden the potential army builds...especially because as soon as you lose one type, you'd lose a big part of your effectiveness (having to kill something to bring back another type before being able to use 3 full turns again). That's okay if you don't agree...that's why there's playtesting...and take it or leave it, but these guys aren't as scary as they look on paper (at least they haven't proven it yet after 12 playtests)

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 18th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Suggestion:

Soul Manipulation
After moving and before attacking, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero adjacent to any Shadow Wraith you control. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your die roll for every other Shadow figure you control adjacent to the chosen figure, to a maximum of +3. If you roll an 18 or higher, end that Shadow Wraith's turn and take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

This takes away the attack, so you don't have a potential 6 turns, since the Wraith won't get its attack.

BTW, all of your powers that boost from other Shadows should be limited to "friendly" Shadows or, better, Shadows "you control."
Old October 18th, 2018, 03:15 PM

Better yet...I think I need to clean up the wording a little because I don't think it works moving ONE wraith and then soul manipulating with another one at a different location. BUT I think you've made the power workable so that the Wraith still gets an attack if it fails to manipulate, and doesn't get an attack if it successfully manipulates. Thank you. Also, thank you for the "friendly" suggestion...I'll double check the cards and fix that wherever it's still present.

Quote:
SOUL MANIPULATION
After moving and before attacking with a Shadow Wraith, you may choose an opponent's adjacent Unique Hero and roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your die roll for every other Shadow figure you control adjacent to the chosen figure, to a maximum of +3. If you roll an 18 or higher, end that Shadow Wraith's turn and take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 27th, 2018, 06:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Pathfinder just released a new sculpt for an Oni Mage that looks perfect for a Demon Samurai figure that I've been wanting to create for a while now. This is the current card for the design:

Some things to note on the design:
  • Aura of Terror penalizes your own figures as well. In my tests so far, the attack nerf has made it significantly harder for the Samurai to get kills without Counterstrike. I was initially concerned that he might become a better Crixus, but the aura is a significant enough drawback that I don't believe this to be the case anymore.
  • Burning Spite only works against nonadjacent figures, and Masha himself lacks Counterstrike. This incentivizes the player to try and protect him with other Samurai figures, adding a new dynamic to those armies.
  • Burning Spite may seem powerful, but it relies on adjacency and always comes at a cost. He may be willing to avenge fallen guards if the attacker drew his attention, but he will let your Samurai die without hesitation. This is in line with Aura of Terror: he may benefit your army in the right circumstances, but he can also be a big detriment as well.
As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm particularly curious about how strong the theme and unity on the design is, along with whether it feels unique.
Old October 27th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

What's the theme of Burning Spite? Is it a magical counterattack? It seems to be, but I want to make sure.

I love the mini.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 27th, 2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
What's the theme of Burning Spite? Is it a magical counterattack? It seems to be, but I want to make sure.

I love the mini.
Correct. The idea is that he lashes out with his flaming magic to punish enemies when they inconvenience him (such as wounding him or killing one of his bodyguards).
Old October 27th, 2018, 08:17 PM

I'd have to nix the power of Aura of Terror, subtracting all attack dice from figures is just too powerful, and on a 90 point figure... That is pretty close to a Raelin type aura. I'd suggest you look for something else for that second power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards