Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 7th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

The fine suggestions here have done a lot to improve Druzhul.

One thing from an Editing perspective: allowing any Undead figure to replace any other figure is problematic. The problem is single base vs double base--it's possible either one could have a double base and the other a single. Official 'Scape wisely avoided replacing figures with different base sizes. Though I suppose the Zombie Hulk already crossed that line without adding text, so I suppose I can't really complain.
Old August 7th, 2018, 12:26 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I guess I'm just not sure why you'd want to return the figures to the board. Like thematically it works great, but every time I respawn an undead, I'd just wish he was still on the card, and not respawned. It would be nice to have a way to attack and kill things without respawning your souls. Maybe only have that part trigger on his special attack?
Old August 7th, 2018, 02:32 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
@Sir Heroscape - I would suggest restricting to Undead Common Squad figures. I guess I don't get why you want to destroy guys and place them on this card, and then take the same guys off this card into play...
I like the option of sucking up a common undead to involve units like Thralls while that might not be practical for 30pts worth, it does allow wider synergy which I like. Simply that he’s “sucking out” their souls and then returning them to those he’s destroyed. Makes sense to me, not sure where the hangup is...
I know what you are doing, I don't see "Why" you want to remove the card once it is on the Hero. You are diminishing his power to place the figure back onto the map.
I think I see the confusion...maybe. Let me try explaining how it works.
1. He sucks a soul 2. You place the figure on his card 3. He attacks an opponent and destroys it 4. You place a figure that is on his card in the spot where the opponents figure just was.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 7th, 2018, 02:38 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sir Heroscape - I would suggest restricting to Undead Common Squad figures. I guess I don't get why you want to destroy guys and place them on this card, and then take the same guys off this card into play...
I like the option of sucking up a common undead to involve units like Thralls while that might not be practical for 30pts worth, it does allow wider synergy which I like. Simply that he’s “sucking out” their souls and then returning them to those he’s destroyed. Makes sense to me, not sure where the hangup is...
I know what you are doing, I don't see "Why" you want to remove the card once it is on the Hero. You are diminishing his power to place the figure back onto the map.
1. He sucks a soul 2. You place the figure on his card 3. He attacks an opponent and destroys it 4. You place a figure that is on his card in the spot where the opponents figure just was.
I just don't see why you want to place a figure down, maybe when he has 1-2 lives left because you are afraid he dies, or to setup blockers, but he is better with those figures on his card.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 7th, 2018, 02:39 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I guess I'm just not sure why you'd want to return the figures to the board. Like thematically it works great, but every time I respawn an undead, I'd just wish he was still on the card, and not respawned. It would be nice to have a way to attack and kill things without respawning your souls. Maybe only have that part trigger on his special attack?
I think I may do that. Normal attacks he’d just be punching the guy or whatever so I like making it only activate on the special attack. How’s this sound...

If Druzhul destroys an opponent’s figure with a(his?) special attack, immediately replace that figure, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Undead figures on Druzhul’s Army Card.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 7th, 2018, 02:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I like that.
Old August 7th, 2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just don't see why you want to place a figure down, maybe when he has 1-2 lives left because you are afraid he dies, or to setup blockers, but he is better with those figures on his card.
Okay I think we’re on the same page now. I made the placing of the figures back on the board a requirement in order to keep him from being to powerful. If he only kills 1 opponent’s figure he can suck the replaced figure back up during his next turn anyway...but it keeps him from always having his 3 attacks of 4. If I add the “May replace” clause I do see the advantage though as it allows the player to choose between dropping off units before he dies or as a screen (like you mentioned), or to simply keep the souls with him (which actually makes more thematic sense considering his name)...so I may go that route. Thanks for the insights

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 7th, 2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I like that.
Do you know if it would be “a” or “his” in that wording. Is there a proper way to do it or does it not really matter. Any precedent?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 7th, 2018, 02:57 PM
This is merely a joke.

I wouldn't worry too much, he only has the one special attack.
Old August 8th, 2018, 03:58 AM

I think this is it! I've made some really good changes due to feedback and with not too many major adjustments to the way his mechanics work. Any final thoughts/feedback? I think I'll run him through testing as is if there aren't any major or important objections I should be aware of?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 8th, 2018, 06:16 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I was under the impression that loosing the souls, even though you want to keep them, was intentionally part of the design. He gets power from them, but it's temporary. I saw the souls in the same way that I see Brimstone's Growing heat markers. Of course you want to keep the markers on the card, it makes the attack better, but that's not how the ability works. The ability isn't free. It has costs. That was my perspective anyway.

I want to add; Druzhul's special attack has the same base damage as his normal. Unless you are getting +2 or more bonus attack dice, His special gives range, and potential for more than one attack, so why would you ever use his normal attack over his special? With that in mind, I never saw a problem with his normal attack also reviving the souls. I have nothing against the change, I'm just surprised it was much of an issue, because it didn't seem to be a big deal to me.
Old August 8th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I don't like the interaction between Souls of the Dead (multiple attacks per soul) and Return of Souls (losing souls). We already have a ruling with the Fen Hydra about losing heads while attacking, so there isn't a technical problem, but that's in the rare counterstrike case, not baked into the card.

I would recommend either a boost to the attack or multiple targets for one attack instead of multiple attacks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards