Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 26th, 2019, 01:19 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

There are no classic 'Scape powers that introduce glyphs onto the battlefield. It seems like it might be a balance nightmare, although I definitely see the theme behind it.
Old June 26th, 2019, 01:21 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Or something like - at the start of the round, choose an opponent. Place a marker on that card. Detective and all figures you control adjacent to him receive X bonus (maybe +1 defense) against a figure with a mark on it. Or play with the generals somehow.
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:14 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

ALPHA PRIMUS

Soulborg Awakening 1/1
The figure used for this unit is a Mech Warrior figure from Solaris VII Heavy-Class Action Pack set. Its model name is Rifleman.

Balance: This soulborg is different than other soulborgs.

Playability: The powers are clear & understandable, I hope.

Creativity: The Soulborg has the Deadly Shot ability & Remote Hacking 13 power to take control of a Hero figure.

Theme: He is the first soulborg that follows Aquilla.

Accessibility: I have not search any sites for this miniature, but comes in the Pack set as Deathcommander Mark 3, Executioner 616 and Major J15.
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:17 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hmm. I don't like a soulborg following Aquilla and I don't think it makes sense for Remote Hacking to be able to control non-soulborgs like humans or dwarves or anything sentient.
Old June 27th, 2019, 01:27 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Yeah, remote hacking feels like it should be on the card of a mini computer robot or on a tech looking dude with some gear and he can control Soulborgs but no other units.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 27th, 2019, 09:44 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I'm actually not against a bigger robot with a hacking ability, but it feels very odd for a power called Remote Hacking to be able to control organics.

Besides that, the design mostly works, though the parallels to Zetacron are unmistakable. It's really a "Zetacron on steroids". If a distance mind-control ability is the core idea, you can do something more unique with the rest of the design.
Old June 27th, 2019, 12:27 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

DEATHCOMMANDER PRIME

Double Execution 1/1
The figure used for this unit is a Mech Warrior figure from Solaris VII Heavy-Class Action Pack set. Its model name is Cave Lion.

Balance: This soulborg is different than other soulborgs.

Playability: The powers are clear & understandable, I hope.

Creativity: The Soulborg has a Anti-Personal Rounds Special Attack, Marked for Execution ability & Remote Destruction power to take control of a Soulborg Hero figure and have it explode when the turn ends.

Theme: He is like Deathcommander Mark 3, Executioner 616 and Major J15 all in one and he may be the first solo soulborg hero that follows valkrill.

Accessibility: I have not search any sites for this miniature, but comes in the Pack set as Deathcommander Mark 3, Executioner 616 and Major J15.

P.S. I thought about Deathcommander Prime yesterday, it uses the same miniature as my previous army card Electrocutioner 312, but I given up hope and focused on Deathcommander Prime.
Old June 27th, 2019, 03:10 PM
This is merely a joke.

I'm not sure you understand what Balance, Playability, Creativity, and Theme mean.

Balance has nothing to do with being "different than other soulborgs".

Playability goes way beyond the powers being "clear and understandable".

Creativity should talk about what makes a unit unique rather than restating the function of the powers.

Theme has to do with how the miniature and the stats and the powers form a cohesive playing experience.

I think the design is trying to do too many things at once (and I don't understand the Remote Destruction ability at all).

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, this miniature is being used for an almost-finished C3V design, and so isn't eligible to be used for an SoV nomination.
Old June 27th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Remote Destruction is over the top, and problematic (you cannot take a turn with a single member of a squad). Wordy powers are ok sometimes, but if you're going to have a power as necessarily wordy as this you need to trim off the others.
Old June 27th, 2019, 03:57 PM

DEATHCOMMANDER PRIME

Double Execution 1/1
The figure used for this unit is a Mech Warrior figure from Solaris VII Heavy-Class Action Pack set. Its model name is Cave Lion.

Balance: This soulborg costs 225 points, not sure if that point value is right?

Playability: The powers are clear & understandable, I hope? Remote Destruction is like Executioner 616's Remote Detonation, except you can control any soulborg hero even if the figure belongs to your opponent, the soulborg can move & attack and it will blow up regardless being adjacent to any other figures. Mark for Execution is like Major J15's Breaching Scythe ability, except it only works on soulborg figures or destructible objects. The Anti-Personal Rounds Special Attack is great against organic figures, since there are alot of tough organic figures.

Creativity: The Soulborg has a Anti-Personal Rounds Special Attack is great against organic figures, since there are alot of tough organic figures. Marked for Execution ability is like Major J15's Breaching Scythe ability, except it only works on soulborg figures or destructible objects. Remote Destruction power is like Executioner 616's Remote Detonation, except you can control any soulborg hero even if the figure belongs to your opponent, the soulborg can move & attack and it will blow up regardless being adjacent to any other figures.

Theme: He is like Deathcommander Mark 3, Executioner 616 and Major J15 all in one and he may be the first solo soulborg hero that follows valkrill.

P.S. I did not know you were still using the miniature? Just played with Deathcommander Prime today, so that last post was rushed before I played with him?
Old June 27th, 2019, 04:01 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I suggest doing your own thing instead of combining other units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 27th, 2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I suggest doing your own thing instead of combining other units.
I did my own thing like you suggested, check out my thread if you are interested.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards