Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 10th, 2022, 12:23 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I don’t want to continue workshop discussion here, but on the topic of varying away from the saturated mostly aquilla insects+arachnids, heroscaper2010 during a playtest mentioned utgar as an option for the scorpions which is an interest I’d agree with. And a personal thematic and perhaps playtest bias was that 5 move could suffice with their defensive edge. Scorpions even giant aren’t marathon runners.
Old January 10th, 2022, 12:35 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Make 'em Vydar Agents. Some cool story opportunities there.
Old January 10th, 2022, 10:46 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Carapace is more flash than function, but that doesn't bother me. It's different for cases like a 3-skull attack or a 2-defense reduction, so I'm ok with it.

Venomous Sting on a 2-attack squad is scary as heck. But I won't really know the impact without trying it.

I'm also happy they are Aquilla. That's a safe choice and a fitting one. Other generals would work (I like the Utgar suggestion, actually), but I'm against being different just for the sake of being different.

What homeworld are the High Dune Scorpions from?
Old January 10th, 2022, 10:57 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

From Sir Heroscape’s initial post:

Quote:
Climb the highest dune in the Skeldor Desert, disturb the sands of the Blasted Lands, and you will hear them coming.

Theme
Their coloring is good and matches what you'd expect to see in the High Dunes which is where we've placed them; on an established world with a barren wasteland: Arctorus and the Blasted Lands.
Old January 10th, 2022, 11:47 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Carapace is more flash than function, but that doesn't bother me. It's different for cases like a 3-skull attack or a 2-defense reduction, so I'm ok with it.

Venomous Sting on a 2-attack squad is scary as heck. But I won't really know the impact without trying it.
It's pretty impressive that these guys stand a great chance of killing Q9 in just 2 OMs. Other than Heracles, off the top of my head I can't think of anything else that is likely to kill Q9 quite that quickly.

It's also worth noting that they would be even more terrifying with Akumaken (or Masha Shingai, although he hasn't passed yet and may not be inducted). Personally I think this sounds like a fun synergy, but it's definitely something to keep an eye on.
Old January 10th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post

It's pretty impressive that these guys stand a great chance of killing Q9 in just 2 OMs. Other than Heracles, off the top of my head I can't think of anything else that is likely to kill Q9 quite that quickly.

It's also worth noting that they would be even more terrifying with Akumaken (or Masha Shingai, although he hasn't passed yet and may not be inducted). Personally I think this sounds like a fun synergy, but it's definitely something to keep an eye on.
Yeah, I would have preferred a small/medium restriction on the Sting to give the big boys a break and give the Scorpions a notable weakness, but I'm willing to give it a try as-is.

to review High Dune Scorpions
Old January 10th, 2022, 11:59 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Different for the sake of being different is very scapey sometimes imo.
Old January 10th, 2022, 12:22 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In contrast just the same, I’m slightly leery of something being the same for the sake of being the same. Possibly such as the movement gripe. Not that there’s a need for vast difference, but I’m curious how much it was explored.
Old January 10th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

This is not the thread for workshopping, my friends.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 10th, 2022, 01:27 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

We did discuss different generals. I was partial to Valkrill myself. I want to remind everyone to look at the very first line of the submission, "After roughly 1.5yrs of design and playtesting..." We have been reworking these guys for a while. We found the figures in mid 2020. We initially tried to bring them into the C3V, but no one else was quite as interested as Sir H and I, so we said we'd bring them out through the SoV. We also brought them into the Pre-SoV at least once about a year ago.
Old January 10th, 2022, 08:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I like the scorpion. My only concern is the constant rerolling getting tiresome, but then I think most times the scrop will die anyway.

Caprice might also have a physiological impact.

Yeah to review

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 14th, 2022, 03:43 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Looks like we're still waiting for some votes from Judges on Leaf_it and my submission.

Thanks!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs