Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 30th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Trophy Skulls feels way more like a negative power than a positive power; lose a whole round of attacks just for one extra attack die later? I guess that justifies his relatively cheap price, but I'm not sure how to feel about him considering he can just turn off randomly. How big of a negative was the power in your testing?
Old January 30th, 2015, 11:23 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The only thing that bugs me about this design is the last part of Trophy Skulls. I'm not sure why he has to not move or attack for the remainder of the round. I think that drops his value significantly.

Then again, killing a couple squaddies fills up his slots early. I think I'm willing to give it a shot. to review
It illustrates the time he needs to chop off the head and hang it on his body, that he can become so enthralled with his fixation that he forgets about the battle until he has completed his task.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 30th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

As an outsider, I saw that right away. It's right there in the name of the power and on the mini.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 30th, 2015, 11:29 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The only thing that bugs me about this design is the last part of Trophy Skulls. I'm not sure why he has to not move or attack for the remainder of the round. I think that drops his value significantly.

Then again, killing a couple squaddies fills up his slots early. I think I'm willing to give it a shot. to review
It illustrates the time he needs to chop off the head and hang it on his body, that he can become so enthralled with his fixation that he forgets about the battle until he has completed his task.
I get it thematically. But my concern was more along the lines of vegie's, that it's a significant negative to gameplay. I just am going to be looking out in testing to see if the small thematic benefit is worth the big downside.
Old January 30th, 2015, 11:30 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Trophy Skulls feels way more like a negative power than a positive power; lose a whole round of attacks just for one extra attack die later? I guess that justifies his relatively cheap price, but I'm not sure how to feel about him considering he can just turn off randomly. How big of a negative was the power in your testing?
More often than naught, he is played with Death Chasers. Usually several bonding options, so when you do have him put on a skull you are not losing too much.

It is more annoying when he doesn't get that trophy skull early on, when you really want the higher attack dice later. It is a power that can be both a negative and a positive. On OM3 you are really hoping he kills a figure and gets the Trophy Marker. On OM1 you are hoping for the opposite. I feel like the negative is factored into his cost.

His value when playing without bonding options can be difficult. Avoiding playing too many OMs on him, especially vs squads. If you are lucky enough to get him boosted to 7 attack dice, then he only will worry about killing because he is basically on Cloud 9 now.

@Dad_Scaper Thanks!

Old January 31st, 2015, 12:17 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

The powers are lot of work just to get what Bloodlust gives you for free. It puts it into the same realm as Sir Dupuis' Tactical Disengagement for me, a really complex power that's hopelessly inferior to an already existing simple power. Not sure what the point is, just complexity for the sake of complexity.

EDIT- Also not sure if I dig having an Ogre that looks nothing like either of the two types of Ogre already in Heroscape, I don't think we really need a third variety of them.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; January 31st, 2015 at 12:53 AM.
Old January 31st, 2015, 01:20 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the submission, Kinseth. There is an elegance to Uzog and a nice implementation of the theme. I think he might your strongest submission yet.

Unfortunately, I don't like powers that use markers as a general rule unless I feel like there is a big payoff for the added fiddliness inherent in markers. I just don't see the payoff on this card. And as Soundwarp brought up, it doesn't look like any of Heroscape's other Ogres.

to review Uzog.

If he passes on to review I will be happy to try him out. Playing with him just might change my mind.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 31st, 2015, 02:13 PM

I am going to remove Uzog from SOV for the time being. Thanks, respectfully.

Old February 2nd, 2015, 06:58 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I am pleased to present the finalized version of Prince al'Kahora!

Here is the PDF version of Prince al'Kahora.

Last edited by Scytale; February 5th, 2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 07:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I hope you can all forgive me if I am excited about this.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 2nd, 2015, 07:41 PM

I am excited for him, and just in time for Season 18 of Online Scape! I have a feeling we will see him in several armies.

Last edited by Kinseth; February 2nd, 2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Wink
Old February 2nd, 2015, 07:52 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I hope you can all forgive me if I am excited about this.
You forgot to do excitement gifs!

Because almost everything is better with a gif.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs