Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 22nd, 2019, 08:10 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Workshop Thread

Ruined City by @Leaf It

Ruined City is a really compact map, which is to be expected of a map that uses only two Marvel sets (master sets barely bigger than an expansion) and a Fortress set. The road makes getting from place to place even faster (when you need to -- it's small enough that it's usually just used for engaging figures on a hill on the other side of the map) and on the whole the map makes for quick and dirty action. The map does use warehouse and fortress pieces to cut down on the power of ranged figures, and the small footprint also helps to keep them from kiting to the Forgotten Forest and back.

The main focal points on the map are the four hills in the center. Battles usually revolve around battling for control of these hills, and an army that successfully entrenches on even one of them can be difficult to remove. The map does allow players to play against that possibility with how easily armies can counterattack with the road and small size of the map, and when really needed figures can skirt the edges of the map in order to get into a better position to attack a hill. For such a small map, I always felt like there was an option for me, and smart play and use of the map's features allowed for some comebacks from unlikely situations.

All in all, Ruined City makes for quick, fun games, while still allowing for many strategic decisions despite its small size.

I vote to induct Ruined City into ARV competitive map hall of fame.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla