Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 3rd, 2017, 12:11 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I suppose you're being very general with the "move number who follows jandar" bit because you're wanting to include Dupius as well, yes?
Indeed. The majority of the time they will be played with him because they bond, but I also want them synergized with the Templar cavalry.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 3rd, 2017, 12:22 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Good thinking. I've always said the Templar need a little help.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 01:19 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

This looks like it might be a really fun custom to play, but I think its focus is far too narrow to be added to the canon. The Templar are already great fun. Such a convoluted and highly focused power to improve their strength is not something I think we should be looking for in "official" additions.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 01:35 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
This looks like it might be a really fun custom to play, but I think its focus is far too narrow to be added to the canon. The Templar are already great fun. Such a convoluted and highly focused power to improve their strength is not something I think we should be looking for in "official" additions.
Interesting...I have a hard time with that because the Templar don't nearly have enough help to really have any staying power and Sir Dupuis has virtually no viable synergy (except for one big hit when a few knights are around). Besides, Heroscape is riddled with units that only have narrow focus or synergy, Kiova for example...her ability is clearly only meant for the Imperium. I think an Infantry squad would help fill out the holes that exist among a playable Templar army.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 3rd, 2017, 01:50 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Interesting...I have a hard time with that because the Templar don't nearly have enough help to really have any staying power and Sir Dupuis has virtually no viable synergy (except for one big hit when a few knights are around). Besides, Heroscape is riddled with units that only have narrow focus or synergy, Kiova for example...her ability is clearly only meant for the Imperium. I think an Infantry squad would help fill out the holes that exist among a playable Templar army.
When you say "playable" I assume you mean "playable in a competitive double-blind environment"? The Templar are /awesomely/ playable as they are. Straightforward, hardhitting, fragile fun.

On Kiova, she was clearly designed alongside the Imperium and not as a "fix". For the most part, the original designers were happy to let fun but weak (in a competitive, double-blind setting) units stay that way. I think we should be too.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
When you say "playable" I assume you mean "playable in a competitive double-blind environment"? The Templar are /awesomely/ playable as they are. Straightforward, hardhitting, fragile fun.

On Kiova, she was clearly designed alongside the Imperium and not as a "fix". For the most part, the original designers were happy to let fun but weak (in a competitive, double-blind setting) units stay that way. I think we should be too.
In that case I think there could still be a compromise. These figures thematically fit but maybe the synergy needs to be altered. I think taking away the "Protect the Horses" ability would resolve the issues you have ( and I'm beginning to see you point on this) as that is the only ability effecting the templars. That would leave the Infantry having Bonding with Dupuis while also being able to keep up with him, and the Templars would remain in their fragile fun state. Now that, I would argue, would be worth considering.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 4th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

While looking through minis recently I noticed that there was pretty good availability for one of my favorite customs I’ve made and I’m now seriously considering submitting it to the SoV. First I thought I’d shoot it through here for whatever feedback there is, just to make sure that making any tweaks to him would be worth my time. Here’s the card:

I’ve played a lot of games with this guy since I made his original version years ago so I can attest to his balance and fun. My main concern with him currently is the name - obviously Elaria already has claim on the title “the Pale.” I originally gave this name to him because of the mini - for a human he is very noticeably pale. So my question for the public would be whether you think I could get away without some sort of explanation for his skin, or if there is another, easier way to address that, such as a race change or something similar (white orc, maybe?). Whatever the change, I would like to keep the rest of the stats the same, particularly the general so he can keep his synergy with Skahen.

Also, any other feedback concerning his eligibility for the SoV is welcome as well!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old June 5th, 2017, 09:59 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
My main concern with him currently is the name - obviously Elaria already has claim on the title “the Pale.” I originally gave this name to him because of the mini - for a human he is very noticeably pale. So my question for the public would be whether you think I could get away without some sort of explanation for his skin, or if there is another, easier way to address that, such as a race change or something similar (white orc, maybe?). Whatever the change, I would like to keep the rest of the stats the same, particularly the general so he can keep his synergy with Skahen.

Also, any other feedback concerning his eligibility for the SoV is welcome as well!
I don't think you need to explain his skin color. It's can be understood that he's a classic assassin in the sense that he spends most of his time running around at night; no chance to get a tan doing that!

As for his name change, you could call him Jack of Blades. A play on the jack of spades, everyone knows it's cool to touch on games of chance in fantasy!
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:23 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Beakface Warrior
I don't love the squad bonding he gives the sneaks, especially with how it works with their flocking. You could reveal an order marker on the warrior, move and attack with the sneaks to move that warrior with flocking, and then move that warrior another 6 on his actual turn to attack again. If you drop the squad side of the bonding then they're acting as a weird, slightly stronger version of the sneaks who have some added flexibility for the Warwitch and your archer. I think raptorian heroes are cool but I'm just not seeing it with this guy.

Beakface Archer
This is a little more straightforward. The sneaks can move them up with flocking and they can give some light ranged support. It seems functional if not particularly exciting, although sometimes functional is what you need instead of reinventing the wheel all the time.

Templar Infantry
I'm all for some Jandar knight bonding although it feels like such a waste not to make them knights in the process. Protect the horses just feels clunky and not even that useful. For one, you'd need to adapt the wording specifying that they get additional defense for each infantry within 2 clear sight spaces. Thematically I'm not sure how you sell infantry being nearby (not even adjacent) as having any effect on the cavalry's defense. Lastly I'm not sure how practical it really is to position them to defend the Templar Cavalry in the first place. Ultimately they feel forced to fit a role that they may not even be practical for.

Jack The Pale
This guy looks like fun although I have a few qualms. I would change the name since it is too close to Elaria without any reason for the same moniker. Additionally, range 3 is weird. I take it he is throwing knives but short ranged attacks are often held at 4. Otherwise Poison weapons is thematic and functional and Deadly Strike + Blades of Fury should make him a frightening assassin hero.
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:51 AM

@Ixe I'm gettin' the vibe on the Templar Infantry...sounds like a back to the drawing board with them

As for the Beakface Heroes at this point I'm just trying to find the right fit for their role in the faction, so thank you for your input.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:53 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
@Ixe I'm gettin' the vibe on the Templar Infantry...sounds like a back to the drawing board with them

As for the Beakface Heroes at this point I'm just trying to find the right fit for their role in the faction, so thank you for your input.
3 units in SOV workshop seems like a big monopoly of time here. I would suggest you bring the units back to your thread and work on them there. SOV Workshop should be used when units are closer to being submitted to SOV.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:

3 units in SOV workshop seems like a big monopoly of time here. I would suggest you bring the units back to your thread and work on them there. SOV Workshop should be used when units are closer to being submitted to SOV.
Thank you. Hence my previous post. i realize the Beakfaces weren't as ready as I would have hoped with all the workshopping people kept bringing. And I admit the Templar Infantry were more of an "excited because of figure availability" (which is sometimes the hardest thing) post rather than having a solid design. If you felt time was wasted here, I apologize.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards