Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 5th, 2024, 09:36 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Tournament Map Feedback Thread

End of 2023 map reports :

Scapecon East 2023 maps:

Bad Moon Rising @GameBear
Well I was starting to feel the level 3 plateaus were too strong, and in a Arrows Gruts vs knights Machup @Shurrig went to absolutely destroy my pod by brute force.
Very cool game, I think the map plays significantly better irl than online with battlements LoS blocking being a big feature of it. Not much more to say one of the best old maps for sure.

Remains of Clionesia:
Had 2 great games on Remains (2wins), making it a grand total of 4 tournament games I played this year on Remains and all of them were excellent. I can understand the slow devellopment being annoying but I feel this is a feature of the map more than a downside.

Platypus
Very good game on Platypus lost with Arrows Gruts vs Dwarves and Mezzos, my Ice Troll almost turned it around at the end healing 2 per turn, lots of interesting plays all around the map. A classic staple to me!

Wyrmwalk:
Another 2 great games on Wyrmwalk (1 win 1 loss), I should note that the map is long to cross and the level 4 doubles right outside the startzones are excellent spots for dragons, but besides this 2 very small downsides I think the map is excellent, very dynamic, tons of interestings choices.

Forest Fire:
My two games on Forest Fire (2 wins) were goodish, but in both of them, only 1 half of the map was used, I dunno I feel like the glyphs are too far from each other.
The map definitely pulls left for podding imo, with the ruin ruining a bit the right side podding abilities. But the big thing being the left trees acting has a wall with a vision hole in between actively helping pods, the trees are more effective at hiding pods (you can hide your Raelin quite well by hugging the trees) than hiding figures in the center. The solid lava also surprisingly helps podding and also kinda act as a wall making init switch plays very difficult.
The road isn't that useful it is very effective to go from left to right or right to left but you almost never wanna do that in an actual game also there is no interesting "end of road" spots and the pods can dodge road pretty easily. The middle is often left desertic.
I think that it is a decent map but that could see some upgrades also it's a map where which SZ you end up on is very important, depending on glyphs and because big tree =/= 2 trees.

Odin Wept: @Typhon2222
An excellent game on it (win), the 2 sides of the glacier were used to get to opponnent making the whole map plays very dynamically, litterally all the map saw figures.

Highways & Dieways:
2 games on it (1 win 1 loss) which started similar with 1 player podding in front of the river, but who ended up very different. Playing around the LoS blockers for the attacking player is very important. Super cool map with lots of choices on it, the classic.

Frostmire: @Flash_19
Great game on Frostmire, this map really shines in "multiples om cards" formats. I stll think the area in front of the startzone could be sightly tweaked to reduce podding abilities.

Fulcrum:
Only one game played on Fulcrum (win), I think the game was decent even tho having 9 range Kravs and Raelin was quite brutal for OEAO. I didn't play well (a lot of small positionning mistakes), I just stayed in my bottom right corner and won handily. Even with a Krav dying on a 2v6 from a cutter, really a machup check.
Heard a lot of talks about Fulcrum from players most of which I agree, see WoS thread.

Invasion:
Two games on invasion over the week-end (1 win 1 loss), one was excellent, one of the most interesting game I got to play the weekend, one very "meh" and quite frustrating but it was more due to me playing the map and machup wrong than on the map.
While Invasion has some flaws I still think it's one of the most original interesting and dynamic map.

Percolator: @Ulysses
Only one small 360pts game (win) on Percolator, which was a 95/5 kinda machup in my favor, map was still excellent. Whole map was used, lots of micro-positioning choices. Only heard good things about it over the week-end, very happy it is in the WoS, great induction.

OST5 maps:

The Broken Skyline Redux: @Sir Heroscape
Looking at it I would be afraid the layout of the map would make it very good for range (and hance very good for my army) but actually the road paving made an excellent job at making the Hydras go deep in the position. Excellent remake in my opinion, captures the feel of the original very well, quite similar to mine just a bit shorter nd without the "half ladders".

Sirocold: @Shurrig
So I gotta say I'm a big hater of the original lol, I think it's in my top 10 worst maps I played in tournaments.
My game on Siroccold was good but I really could see this map turning in 2-hills hell in some more classic formats, like so many of my games on the original, so I don't think it's a great map for competitive.
That's said even without Jungle I still think this is better for melee than the original because the layout of hills are better (more "surface area" for melee to attack in).
Valda was a great choice by Megasilver to make this map better, Wannok should be a BIG NO-NO on this map tho, imo glyphs should be Valda, Dagmar, Zawit, stuff help you move and make plays to attack a camping ennemy.

CCL finals maps:

Stygian Rift @Typhon2222
Another 2 games on Stygian Rift, and great games as always, best map evuuur.

Yngwild Pass @Sheep
2 games on Yngwild pass, one was a classic Yngwild pass game very cool lots of action everywhere, in the second one Sir Heroscape turted in the top left corner and used the crack in the glacier to let Raelin in the SZ and Q10 on the other side of the glacier, which is very strong setup. Definitely an unseen flaw of the map to me.

OHS54 map:
Feverstone Keep @Flash_19
Was pleasantly surprised by this map, great great map with plays everywhere on the map. Deserve to see more play!

Classic Scape league (random draft) maps:
Subduction @Ulysses
Honestly sightly disapointed by this one I thought it had more asymmetry. It's quite hard to navigate on the sides which is kinda a feature but makes range only go on sides and kinda camp in them, I think the map would gain a lot of value if the road lead a bit more to the sides.

Blackfoot @Ulysses
This map is smaller than what I thought it was, I also think it's sightly too range friendly with the road being hard to use effectively, and with the hills making the map vquite snowbally, sightly disapointed.

NightFall @Typhon2222
Great map even tho I lost on it, which is a hard feat to complete well done Typhon!

July @BiggaBullfrog
EXCELLENT simple RotV+VW map, the layouts of the solid lava heights super original and interesting!! Loved it!

OHS55 maps
Vulcan Ridge @Chris Perkins
Good map but a bit too range friendly for my taste, to many "speed bumps" and close heights for range to take advantage of (even tho I lost a melee vs range machup on it LOL).

Guts @Shurrig
The center is good but the sides saw no play in the game I played and also in several games I watched, alos I can see the level 2 swamp "line" next to the SZ being a problem.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios