Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 7th, 2022, 09:45 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Tournament Map Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
I played this one a while ago in a Quahon+Sujoah+spiders vs TKN+SBN+Nabgrubs machup.
I lost of course cause Quahon is OP. Actually it was |that| kind of game, Sujoah did OS TKN with sting, then SBN proceeded to OS Sujoah. So it was SBN+grubs vs Quahon+spiders very early on. I managed to keep only one Nab next to SBN at a time to limit LB. SBN got caught by spiders, had to triple disengage to hit Quahon. Got 1 or 2 attacks of before dying and it was the end of the game.

Map seemed very good to me, melee vs range machup felt surprisingly good for that big of a map without road.
Quahon did use the Hive perch and it was kinda hard to break into that, but not that easy for the spider to protect her (lots of adjacent spaces).
I liked it.
Great feedback, thanks! I didn't realize this map was being used by anyone but Colorado events.

When you say the hive perch do you mean one of the 3-hex rows on level 2 that stick out below the hive by the start zone and towards the middle of the map?
Actually it was not your map but another kinda big and flat BftU+SotM+Thundra I confused them...

Old December 7th, 2022, 09:46 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Actually it was not your map but another kinda big and flat BftU+SotM+Thundra I confused them...
Could it have been Halcyon, the map I made that predated Kingfisher? Kingfisher is a kind of revision that tightens up Halcyon.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 7th, 2022, 09:47 AM

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Could it have been Halcyon, the map I made that predated Kingfisher? Kingfisher is a kind of revision that tightens up Halcyon.
Yes that's this one.

Old December 7th, 2022, 09:50 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yes that's this one.
They are fairly similar maps, though I think Kingfisher is a little better for a few reasons. If you get a chance to try it I would be curious if you agree. Thanks for the feedback on Halcyon! I am flattered that it was being used in whatever circumstances you played on it.

--
--
--

--
Old December 7th, 2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Yes that's this one.
They are fairly similar maps, though I think Kingfisher is a little better for a few reasons. If you get a chance to try it I would be curious if you agree. Thanks for the feedback on Halcyon! I am flattered that it was being used in whatever circumstances you played on it.
It was played in a french tournament in 2019.
https://nsm09.casimages.com/img/2019...4016123603.jpg
I'm the guy looking at the floor in the back, probably looking for dices or something.

Old December 7th, 2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
It was played in a french tournament in 2019.
https://nsm09.casimages.com/img/2019...4016123603.jpg
I'm the guy looking at the floor in the back, probably looking for dices or something.
Indeed! That's it! The picture reminds me that the other change I made was to move the 1-hex outcrops. People were complaining that it was too easy to knock over those stacked 2-hex tiles they were sitting on. In the process I was able to remove the 2-hex perch on level 3 that I think you were referring to; it is now only big enough for 1-space figures. I don't think there are any 2-hex areas on level 3 anywhere on Kingfisher, in fact.

--
--
--

--
Old December 11th, 2022, 03:05 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Great event at Peoria today. Would appreciate some feedback from those who played on my maps! Thanks!

Star Chart
@zeekthefreak
@boromir96

Tabasco
@zeekthefreak
@vegietarian18
@boromir96

Burning Man
@Evantage
@briaka

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 13th, 2023, 01:24 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It Gets a Pass

Sheep asked for some feedback on Yngvild Pass since I played on it in Round 1 of OHS Season 51.

No automatic inclusion of Yngvild glyph. FAIL

I initially was worried I wasn't going to be a big fan of the split start zone. I still don't love it but I don't hate it. It definitely makes you think about how you want to deploy much more than a standard map. That's a good thing even if it was slightly annoying for me especially with the army I was playing which had a lot of moving pieces.

The map itself still played really fast allowing for good development. The height is really nicely placed in that it's really hard to hold for a ranged squad and the middle LoS blockers also make it hard for range to cooperate there.

The one place I'm most concerned about a chokepoint (level 2s next to some level 1 ice and the 2 level 3 height sections in the middle of the map) is a spot that feels like you'd rarely want to create a chokepoint there.

Overall, this map felt fast for development and gave you a lot of options to work with. I'd be very hesitant about wanting to extend range too much on this map as melee is going to catch up to you pretty quick and it can go badly. But if range plays it smart, melee will also have to play it smart and use the tools this map gives it well.

I don't really know how much of a map analysis that is but it's what I noticed while playing on the map.

~Dysole, informationally
Old February 13th, 2023, 01:47 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: It Gets a Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Sheep asked for some feedback on Yngvild Pass since I played on it in Round 1 of OHS Season 51.

For HexiCon, I'm doing exactly that! LOL
Old February 13th, 2023, 01:58 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: It Gets a Pass

Quote:
I initially was worried I wasn't going to be a big fan of the split start zone. I still don't love it but I don't hate it. It definitely makes you think about how you want to deploy much more than a standard map. That's a good thing even if it was slightly annoying for me especially with the army I was playing which had a lot of moving pieces.

The map itself still played really fast allowing for good development. The height is really nicely placed in that it's really hard to hold for a ranged squad and the middle LoS blockers also make it hard for range to cooperate there.

The one place I'm most concerned about a chokepoint (level 2s next to some level 1 ice and the 2 level 3 height sections in the middle of the map) is a spot that feels like you'd rarely want to create a chokepoint there.

Overall, this map felt fast for development and gave you a lot of options to work with. I'd be very hesitant about wanting to extend range too much on this map as melee is going to catch up to you pretty quick and it can go badly. But if range plays it smart, melee will also have to play it smart and use the tools this map gives it well.

I don't really know how much of a map analysis that is but it's what I noticed while playing on the map.

~Dysole, informationally
Lovely review Dysole! I especially appreciate the bolded insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:

For HexiCon, I'm doing exactly that! LOL
So if anyone wants to know how I came to settle on that name... Obviously I thought of the glyph but I was curious to know if it had any meaning behind it so I searched it...

What a wonderful coincidence that it's an ice cave in Elder Scrolls! "Pass" then has a double meaning that references a geographical location and the glyph.
Old February 13th, 2023, 05:54 AM

Can only confirm what Dysole said on Yngvild Pass, my game on it was very interesting, almost whole map was used whereas we were both using armies with few figures.
Probably best map using 1RotV+1TT alongside Ascension and Isenfell, all 3 play kinda similar.

Old March 23rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hey all, I'm looking to play on some new-to-me maps in the next few weeks/months as I have a couple months until my next WoS review is due. Anybody know of a map that is a bit under-the-radar? I'd prefer if you have suggestions of maps that you didn't create yourself. I'm also hoping for maps that have been around for a bit, not particularly ones from the past 6 months or so.

Murky Waters by Robber is one such map that Flash introduced me to on our last CoV podcast episode, but I'm hoping to collect a few more.

Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios