Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 1st, 2022, 03:18 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

I'd like to nominate 2 maps.

The first map is Royal Gardens by @Flash_19 . This map was used in OHS Season 41 and OHS Season 46.

Royal Gardens is one of the most aesthetic maps I’ve ever seen. I don’t think it’d be an exaggeration to call it downright beautiful. Anyway, looks aside, gameplay on this map is also solid, with good use of battlements and LOS blockers that slow development just the right amount (necessary on such a small map), a variety of different options to head to out of the SZ, and the majority of the map seeing play throughout. Some people may not like how the map is a bit bumpy in the middle, but in my eyes that’s a feature, not a bug. Overall a great map that I think is well worthy of induction.

The second map is Highways & Dieways, Swarm edition by @UranusPChicago and @R˙chean . This map was used in Online Con 2020 and OHS Season 44.

I'm nominating this map because gameplay on it is just as good, if not better, than the already-inducted Highways & Dieways. Some may argue that this nomination is redundant because we already have vanilla H&D inducted, but I don't see any reason why we can’t have both maps in the WoS. It's not like WoS has a maximum limit on the amount of maps that can be inducted, and while the gameplay on vanilla H&D and H&D SE is similar, there are some notable differences, such as the lack of spider denial on H&D SE, or how it's viable to go right out of your SZ on one map but not the other. I’m of the view that if a map is good enough to be inducted, then it should be inducted, all similarities aside. For that reason, I believe that Highways & Dieways, Swarm Edition is worthy of a spot in the Wargrounds of Scape.

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman

Last edited by Grey Waves; May 4th, 2022 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Added sales pitch

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios