Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 2nd, 2017, 10:30 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Do you want a beakface archer to move 12 spaces and then attack? Probably need a caveat that an archer moved by improved flocking can't attack, or take a turn with that order marker.
Just add an "other." "... move up to 2 other Raptorian figures ..."
Does that have precedent with common heroes? You would have to announce the activated Archer first then, correct? Or is it like the common squad rule where you can move two with flocking and then pick any Archer not moved.....
Yeah the wyrmling set the precedent already for "one other".
Old June 2nd, 2017, 10:32 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Many others have echoed your reservations about his characteristics. Would a tricky goblin rogue fit better in Aquilla? That is really the only other "good" general he would fit into, I think (plus the first Rogue was an Aquilla unit).
I feel like Ullar would work as well. He already has the fantasy thing going, has tricky units, and a Rogue isn't out of line for him.
Ullar would indeed be the 3rd option, if it comes to that. The thing with Ullar though, is although he has a good fantasy theme, his units all seem to have a foresty/nature theme to them. Goblins generally don't have much regard for nature.
I feel that Einar (ex-bad guy with some efficient, but eyebrow-raising, units) and Aquilla (adopter of misfits and second-chances) are the most likely to have a goblin unit in their ranks (of the good generals).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Bol is neat, but there is nothing on the card to suggest he is "good" and a lot to suggest he is bad. At is core classic scape is very simple when it comes to tropes and that is something SoV tries to maintain. A figure design must stand on 3 legs - Figure - Stats/Pliability - Theme. Everything on card screams Utgar/Valkrill, not listening may be a misstep. Other than that, it is a little hard to get excited about a 10 point figure. Sneak thief is pretty innovative. You could likely just give him 3 attack/1 defense, and drop the other 2 powers, adding climb and wash your hands of it.
Yes, many are insisting Bol needs to be aligned elsewhere, and I can see where that is coming from. But remember, Einar was a sketchy general for most of classic Heroscape's life. He utilizes some units that were pretty wicked in their own world/time (Roman soldiers were not good people, for instance). I feel it is less of a stretch for a goblin to be in Einar than it is for, say, a dwarf to be in Utgar. Prior to Beorn Boltcutter's release, there were 6 dwarf units (5 Aquilla, 1 Jandar) to sort of model after. Were/are people as turned off that Beorn was enemy-aligned?

With that said though, I'm much happier that people are finding issue with his Valkyrie General alignment than they are with his stats and mechanics! I like your suggestion of just ditching Ankle Shank/Disengage (and I will be tweaking these) and making him a 3/1, and he actually was for a bit in testing. But in the end, a 6 move, 1 range, 3 attack, 1 defense on a 10 point unit looked too familiar

I think excitement is all relative, and I personally get excited about any unit that has good flavor and is playable, regardless of cost. Though admittedly, insane-230-point-cost Bramcephys is pretty exciting!

Last edited by The Dewk; June 2nd, 2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 10:48 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Do you want a beakface archer to move 12 spaces and then attack? Probably need a caveat that an archer moved by improved flocking can't attack, or take a turn with that order marker.
Just add an "other." "... move up to 2 other Raptorian figures ..."
Ooo...good point. Amazing, the difference one word can make

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 2nd, 2017, 10:55 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I feel like there is a missed opportunity to add some synergy to the units.

Beakface Sneaks wanna move up into battle.
Archers want to hide behind the lines.

Why not a power that does something like.

After revealing an order marker on this Beakface Archer, before taking a turn with this Beakface archer, you may attack with X other beakface Archers where X is how many Sneaks that are Engaged/Within X range of enemy figures.

I am simply brainstorming an idea, but I'd like to see more synergy with Sneaks.
I appreciate the brainstorm, though I do feel there is good synergy as is. I think the ability to develop sneaks during an Archers turn is very valuable and synergistic. The Improved flocking allows so many different options based off of the current situation in the game (i.e early game development, mid game battle, late game cleanup). Even though it's a common Hero - and aside from the wrmlings - it would be one of the few common heroes that you're motivated and excited about strategically placing OM's on during the entirety of the game.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 2nd, 2017, 11:00 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I just don't feel it is anything special(as it is now). To each his own.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 10:59 PM

Okay so I've reworked the Beakface Archer because I was also working a melee common hero too and realized I could make things a lot simpler. Here are two synergistic units for the Beakface army that I think are both a solid addition. Thoughts?

Like the Sneaks, he is a melee figure with the ability to skirt out of the way of ranged shots but also hit fairly hard once he's engaged. I think because the sneaks are a melee squad and he is a melee HERO it makes sense his base stats would be a little stronger and his flocking ability "Improved".

Simple yet thematic. The Archers simply operate like the wyrmlings.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 3rd, 2017, 12:20 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Okay so I've reworked the Beakface Archer because I was also working a melee common hero too and realized I could make things a lot simpler. Here are two synergistic units for the Beakface army that I think are both a solid addition. Thoughts?

Spoiler Alert!
I really like this. Simple but effective and the 'Sneaks need a LOT of help in my opinion.

The Warrior basically turns the Sneaks into a 3-figure melee squad for 65 points (35 + 30) that is highly mobile with a solid defense against range (5). Flexibility to bond with the Warwitch as well - which I think is the key to being tournament worthy/competitive. "Flocking" with the squad is going to lead to nice combos to move up Archers, other Warriors, or the Warwitch.

The Archer is good though I'd drop to 20 points. Wyrmlings at 30 points all have Flying, Ranged Attacks/Special Attacks and Bonding. The Archer is essentially a 2-person squad - so a total of 40 points for 2 move/attacks is more in line.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
The Archer is good though I'd drop to 20 points. Wyrmlings at 30 points all have Flying, Ranged Attacks/Special Attacks and Bonding. The Archer is essentially a 2-person squad - so a total of 40 points for 2 move/attacks is more in line.
To be honest i was thinking 20pts but no common hero has been that low yet...so i was weary of going there...and it may still be, but that will get fleshed out during testing.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 3rd, 2017, 12:51 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
To be honest i was thinking 20pts but no common hero has been that low yet...so i was weary of going there...and it may still be, but that will get fleshed out during testing.
The Archers do have a 3-Defense, so 25 might be good. It probably won't matter too much for Army building.

Beakface Warriors x4 ... 140
Beakface Sneaks x4 ... 260
Beakface Archer x6 ... 410 (at 25 each)
Q. Warwitch ... 520

If the Archers were 20 points, you'd be just under 500 points. But you could also drop the Warriors from 35 to 30.

Beakface Warriors x4 ... 140
Beakface Sneaks x4 ... 260
Beakface Archer x6 ... 380 (at 20 each)
Q. Warwitch ... 490
Isamu ... 500

Looking forward to play-test reports.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 05:39 AM

Finding holes that can be filled in Heroscape is one thing, creating a good custom is another hurtle to cover but then finding the right miniatures with the right availability is the hardest. I'm pretty excited about the Beakface hole I'm trying to fill with my customs I'm working...BUT I've also found some very exciting miniatures that could help the playability of the TEMPLARS! These miniatures are widely available because they were just released as one of the newest Pathfinder packs. So they are currently being produced by Paizo and in production. Right now on the market there is quite a large number of each miniature...and we can expect more as Paizo continues to print them since they were just released last month.

This is my rough draft, but I'm really trying to help out both Sir Dupuis and the Cavalry. I had a hard time finding a way to do that without roping in the KoW too...so that's why the abilities have such unique wording. But you'll also notice that I've copied the format for their specials from the Kozuke Samurai and Laglor...so it's not entirely confusing or awful right?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 3rd, 2017, 11:45 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Oh, I wasn't aware Crown of Fangs was released. The Skeleton Cavalry from that set might be worth looking at.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 11:46 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I suppose you're being very general with the "move number who follows jandar" bit because you're wanting to include Dupius as well, yes?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards