Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 20th, 2017, 07:40 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I'm not opposed...... Let me just be the stickler that points out that lizards don't regenerate. They simply grow back a hard, dull, nonflexible piece of cartilage when they lose their tails. (Just their tails nothing else.)

I like the figure though!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 20th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I agree Regenerate doesn't fit for lizardfolk and it seems a little redundant to have another lizardfolk hero with essentially the same D20 ability as Zogross Hardscale

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 21st, 2017, 08:42 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I agree with superfrog that the spiked shield is the big standout on the mini but it really isn't represented between his powers and stats. Charging Assault on a base move of 6 may be a bit much. The Kozuke Samurai only have a base move of 5 even though the other unique samurai squads move 6. Regeneration is interesting but it doesn't belong on lizardfolk from any D&D world and then doesn't work as well since that is where the greenscales are from.

If your goal is simply to make a cool and powerful lizardfolk for the faction, I'd suggest take a step back and look at the figure. If you want staying power, build it around that shield. Off the top of my head One Shield Defense would be an easy reuse. If you wanted extra attack capability, you can work in the spikes on the shield instead of his tail. Little things like that can go a long way in bringing the design together.
Old October 21st, 2017, 09:24 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I have an idea , going to post it on your customs thread. At this point, the unit isn't ready for Pre-SOV thread as it needs major revisions.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...t=52567&page=4

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 21st, 2017, 09:24 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Regeneration is interesting but it doesn't belong on lizardfolk from any D&D world and then doesn't work as well since that is where the greenscales are from.
Oh dang. That's too bad. I don't really know anything about the D&D world, but that makes sense. Just sucks how it limits creativity. Regeneration would have otherwise been a great fit - helps sustain bonding, fits with the lizard theme (even if lizard regeneration in real life is much less effective - provides a believable ability in fantasy).
Old October 21st, 2017, 12:16 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Per the feedback over the last page, I’ve made some adjustments to Drak. Thank you everyone for their help so far. Is Predator ok for people? Would Warrior or Protector be better?
Spoiler Alert!
- Lowered Move to 5
- Removed Tail Whip and Regenerate
- Added Shield Spike
Quote:
SHIELD SPIKE
When rolling defense dice, if Drak Whiptail rolls at least one shield, the most wounds Drak Whiptail may take for this attack is one and if the attacking figure is adjacent to Drak Whiptail, that figure receives one wound.
Similar figures:
- Crixus: 90pts, same stats, and One Shield Defense
- Manuavi: 110pts, same stats, and Charging Assault

Point suggestions? I’m thinking 130. I would be open to play testing a game or two today with him.
Old October 21st, 2017, 12:22 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I have an idea , going to post it on your customs thread. At this point, the unit isn't ready for Pre-SOV thread as it needs major revisions.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...t=52567&page=4
lol wrong customs thread link. That's my thread not heroscaper2010's

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 21st, 2017, 12:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Ooh I like that version a lot better. Predator is fine, although that means competing with Quahon for both bonding options. 110 seems like a good starting point.
Old October 21st, 2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Per the feedback over the last page, I’ve made some adjustments to Drak. Thank you everyone for their help so far. Is Predator ok for people? Would Warrior or Protector be better?
Spoiler Alert!
- Lowered Move to 5
- Added Shield Spike
Quote:
SHIELD SPIKE
When rolling defense dice, if Drak Whiptail rolls at least one shield, the most wounds Drak Whiptail may take for this attack is one and if the attacking figure is adjacent to Drak Whiptail, that figure receives one wound.
Similar figures:

Point suggestions? I’m thinking 130. I would be open to play testing a game or two today with him.
I agree with Kinseth, I think at this point you need to take the unit for further discussion into your customs thread since it is going to be going over some substantial revisions

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 21st, 2017, 07:21 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Spoiler Alert!
- Lowered Move to 5
- Added Shield Spike
Quote:
SHIELD SPIKE
Similar figures:

Please post on your customs thread, will check there.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:55 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I agree with the others that have said that this custom is not ready for the Pre-SoV workshop. That said, a couple comments.

Unlike the others, I would not insist on a power that reflects the shield. Official 'Scape actually didn't care all that much about stuff like that (like Valguard's freakin' lizard arm!), so it feels fully canon to just let that be as part of the unit's base stats. I find Predator as the class both inspired (opens up different options) and unfitting (Predator seems to better fit monsters than humanoids, at least that's what it has been). Regeneration is pretty much a no-go if this is a D&D lizardfolk, though it could work for Feylund or another fantasy world.

I often see that people like to pile up abilities for a lizardfolk hero. Remember, though, as a Lizard King, he already essentially has an aura power. A simple one-power lizardfolk hero can be plenty interesting and valuable to greenscale forces.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 02:10 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

For what it’s worth, those saying the unit isn’t ready for the Pre-SoV workshop should read the OP. There’s nothing saying at what point in the design and playtesting stage a unit has to be for it to be posted here. It simply states it’s a place for feedback on cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards