Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old October 11th, 2014, 11:16 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Aug-2014 HSers Upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I notice some changes. The Mentions number is gone in your posts, and whenever someone quotes your post you get a notification.
I think someone might have brought this up when the upgrade was being tested. Basically he or she suggested that the mentioned post number be hidden because its similar to the rep system (which I think in their opinion, resembles competition).

I don't know if that has anything to do with the change. Perhaps @Xorlof had his own reasons.
Old October 12th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I notice some changes. The Mentions number is gone in your posts, and whenever someone quotes your post you get a notification.
Correct on both counts. Hopefully people find the quote feature more useful than annoying. Feedback, as always, is appreciated. The mentions number was never intended to be there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
I think someone might have brought this up when the upgrade was being tested. Basically he or she suggested that the mentioned post number be hidden because its similar to the rep system (which I think in their opinion, resembles competition).
Close. You're probably thinking of a different screen that we disabled that shows things like the top 5 people mentioned. As you say, it was on during testing, but in the end there was no reason to make being mentioned a competitive thing and was turned off for the live system. The number recently eliminated next to each post was disabled for similar reasons--no reason for it to be there.

(Unrelated, but yesimage resizing still coming along. There's good news. I've got a working system with an in-place "click to enlarge/click to shrink"--now I just have to deploy it to all various necessary spots in all 5 of our themes).

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Is there some way to disable email notification for post quotes? I'm flattered & all that, but I don't need an email every time someone calls me out for something.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Is there some way to disable email notification for post quotes? I'm flattered & all that, but I don't need an email every time someone calls me out for something.
Disable Admin Emails and you won't get them.
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hmm. But I like the other ones I get.

= =
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:31 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
A Pseudo Solution

What I've done is created a rule in my gmail that obliterates any email I receive from admin@heroscapers AND includes in the title "You've Been Mentioned" or "Mentions" or something similar. It's a nice workaround so that way Xorlof doesn't have to pony up to get the toggle on/off feature?

~Dysole, gerrymandering tech on a semi regular basis

Last edited by Dysole; October 14th, 2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: I don't honestly remember what the title of those messages are but whatever it is...they're gone now
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Yes! I like that solution. Will implement.

edit: Done. Thanks!

= =
Old October 21st, 2014, 05:05 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
(Unrelated, but yesimage resizing still coming along. There's good news. I've got a working system with an in-place "click to enlarge/click to shrink"--now I just have to deploy it to all various necessary spots in all 5 of our themes).
Well, that wasn't as straightforward as I hoped! Anyway, large images should now have an in-place click-to-enlarge/click-to-shrink option in all of the various places where they may appear, including those areas that the stopgap "click and hold" system didn't work (e.g., private messages). Older versions of Internet Explorer (less than v9) won't have the functionality.

It would be easy to switch this system to opening the full size image in a new window like the old system did if you guys find that preferable. Opinions welcomed.

EDIT: Here is a pretty good size image to test this with:

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; October 21st, 2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old October 21st, 2014, 07:21 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

That is perfect, at lest for my uses. to keeping it that way. Opening a new window would be too inconvenient.
Old October 21st, 2014, 07:25 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

That works great! I think I prefer this to opening in a new window.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 22nd, 2014, 09:58 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I like the "click to embiggen, click to shrink".

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:52 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Perfect. Also it's working on my tablet.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online