Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:28 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Hey all. There's been a lot of discussion about the Green Wyrmling custom and how it should be done. It seems like the SoV is a natural place for this idea, but no individual has really been able to dial in a figure that met the SoV's approval.

So, the idea of this thread is twofold:
  1. Allow people to discuss the few dials that can be tweaked on a Green Wyrmling.
  2. Run and post playtests based on those ideas.
As I said in the SoV thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
When it comes to the GW, I think nearly everyone agrees on the following:
  • The sculpt choice
  • Fights for Ullar, Valiant personality
  • Common Hero
  • Wyrmling Bonding and Flying
  • 5 move, 1 range
That really just leaves the following four choices:
  • 3 attack or 4?
  • 4 defense or 5?
  • 30 points or 35?
  • How exactly will counterstrike be tweaked into fledgling counterstrike?
My current opinions:
  • 4 attack, 4 defense. 5 defense is going to be hard to balance, and 4 attack encourages using them aggressively instead of just as blockers.
  • 35 points. Just because it makes it easier to make fledgling counterstrike powerful.
  • By far the hardest question is how to design fledgeling counterstrike. At the moment, I'm leaning towards either counting every shield after the first, or adding some second test before the counterstrike wounds count (d20 roll, for instance).
Anyone who wants to suggest forms of FC should really read this discussion in killercactus's thread.

Anyway, here's hoping that we can put our heads together, run some tests, and figure out a version that works. The goals, in my opinion:

1. A figure that is fun, dynamic, and competitive. A wyrmling that you want to include with mixed wyrmling builds.
  2. Green Wyrmling + Raelin shouldn't be any more broken against melee than WoA + Raelin is.
  3. Green Wyrmlings shouldn't make the strongest 4th builds stronger at any point total.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards