Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old March 23rd, 2014, 08:54 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Heroscape Scenario but AotP - Chaos in the Catacombs!

Welcome to my battle reports thread! I prefer to play maps that are close to BoV standards, as well as 300-600 pt armies. I will absolutely take requests if anyone would like to see (or would like me to playtest) a certain map!

Army Creation Scenarios/Rules we use:
Spoiler Alert!

List of Battles:
30 battles and counting, click the spoiler!
Spoiler Alert!

Feel free to comment in this thread or send me messages about these battles; suggestions for armies, maps, improvements, etc.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; February 17th, 2024 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Compressing info...
Old March 23rd, 2014, 09:19 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: brandonwiker's battle videos---Teaser!

Now, the plan for my second video! Since MrHscape had asked me about doing some videos (I've been on the fence for a while,) we decided we would collaborate and do something a little unique.

This may be confusing to read, so bear with me.

Spoiler Alert!

MrHscape and I are currently working on this via PM, but we are looking to be ready within a couple weeks. We would post our videos at approximately the same time, hopefully within the same day. Does anyone understand this, and think it's a cool idea?

For anyone still confused, stick around to see the videos!

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; March 29th, 2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 10:10 PM

MrHscape is surprisingly tart

Thats right!!! There are going to be two epic battles for all of you to watch. The maps, teams, and army points will all be the same. The only difference will be the players. Player skills as well as good army builds are really going to be a big deciding factor in these two battles.

Check out my YouTube channel if you have time
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHscape

Last edited by MrHscape; March 23rd, 2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 10:17 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's a really good idea! Video battle reports are awesome two! Hee heehee! Man, I'm tired if I'm making a pun like that.

Finally, the suspense is beginning grow. Already I can hardly wait for the battles. Looking forward to it!

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 29th, 2014, 10:20 PM

My first video should be up and working! It it not the mirror match with MrHscape, I accidentally lied about that. That is still a work in progress, though, we are moving right along!

This first video is a draft pool game with my brother in law. We each brought 600 points to the pool, and then we took turns drafting from the 1200 point pool to create 500 point armies. What figures did we use? Watch the video and find out!

Battle 1: Draft Pool on Polaris!

I even watched the video myself and figured out the dice stats, they are posted in the last minute of the video.

Check it out, leave comments here or on the Youtube video. Subscribe and all that jazz. Tell me what you thought the MVP was between the armies, or give me ideas on how to make things exciting for future videos! Anyone too shy to post on the thread, send me a PM! I'm totally willing to get people's ideas!
Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:08 PM

Re: brandonwiker's battle videos---First Video Up!

MrHscape and I have finished coordinating and messaging about this mirror match project!

My 250 pt choice:
DW9K, Roman Legos x2, Otanashi

My opponent's 250 pt choice:
Warriors of Ashra x3, Ne-Gok-Sa, Isamu

MrHscape's 250 pt choice:
Blade Gruts x2, Grimnak, Arkmer

His opponent's 250 pt choice:
DW9K, Airborne Elite

Since MrHscape's opponent and myself both included DW9K in our 250, we figured we would pair those two sets of 250 pts opposite of each other, because rules don't allow doubles of identical uniques! So the final armies are going to be:

ARMY 1
MrHscape's 250 and my 250 combined into an army:
DW9K, Roman Legos x2, Otanashi, Blade Gruts x2, Grimnak, and Arkmer = 500 pts, 21 hexes

VS

ARMY 2
MrHscape's opponent's 250 and my opponent's 250 combined into an army:
DW9K, Airborne Elite, Warriors of Ashra x3, Ne-Gok-Sa, Isamu = 500 pts, 16 hexes

SO, in MY video, I will be using ARMY 1 vs my brother in law, who will be using ARMY 2, and we will play on Ice Blossom!

AND MrHscape will be using ARMY 1 vs his friend, who will be using ARMY 2, and they will play on Ice Blossom!

Two seperate games, two seperate recordings!

Let's hear some thoughts or predictions! First, do the armies look relatively fair? Does anyone think one of the two armies will win in both matches? Any predictions on MVP figures?

My next battle video is hopefully going to be a "Dragon War," (requested by Maklar the Silver Prince, thank you Maklar) where both players will have one dragon in their army, and when their dragon dies, that player loses! I still need a map to use for this, so maybe if somebody predicts correctly on the mirror matches, I will let them pick the map I will do this recording on!

Me... I have a bad feeling a round 1 Airborne Elite would be very bad for ARMY 1... we have a packed start zone...

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; April 20th, 2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:32 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Unfortunately, it looks as though Army 2 is a good deal better than Army 1. Firstly, Army 1 is mostly melee. This will give them great trouble killing of the three squads of Warriors of Ashra. With the elven women as a screen, Deathwalker 9k will have plenty of time to blast through the tight packed orcs and romans (who are without a bonding hero!). I think the Airborne Elite will be more of high-powered snipers than grenadiers, taking down Army 1's range. Ne-Gok-Sa and Isamu will probably be hanging in the start zone, drinking beers, eating chips, and watching a game on the TV.

Of course, luck could cause the game to go the other way, and Army 1's Deathwalker may be able to get rid of quite a few Ashran's early, so the battle isn't for sure, but if played right, Army 2 (surprisingly synergy-less) should have an advantage.

Looking forward to it, and the many battles to come!

Old April 3rd, 2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Unfortunately, it looks as though Army 2 is a good deal better than Army 1. Firstly, Army 1 is mostly melee. This will give them great trouble killing of the three squads of Warriors of Ashra. With the elven women as a screen, Deathwalker 9k will have plenty of time to blast through the tight packed orcs and romans (who are without a bonding hero!). I think the Airborne Elite will be more of high-powered snipers than grenadiers, taking down Army 1's range. Ne-Gok-Sa and Isamu will probably be hanging in the start zone, drinking beers, eating chips, and watching a game on the TV.

Of course, luck could cause the game to go the other way, and Army 1's Deathwalker may be able to get rid of quite a few Ashran's early, so the battle isn't for sure, but if played right, Army 2 (surprisingly synergy-less) should have an advantage.

Looking forward to it, and the many battles to come!
Well, we all pretty much blindly created our 250 pts, not knowing what the other half of the 500 was going to be. That was part of what I was going for, a goofy hodge podge army kinda thing. I usually don't like seeing the same powerful/annoying figures/armies on the table over and over again.

It's part of the reason I have all of those different kinds of army build requirements in the OP, to shake up armies a bit, and try giving each of the figures a chance to see the light of day, lol.

Thanks for your input! You are a good customer!
Old April 5th, 2014, 12:06 PM

MrHscape is surprisingly tart
Re: brandonwiker's battle videos---Predict our Mirror Match

I am recording my battle today with my friend! Based on the teams I would say that team two definitely has the advantage will all those WoA. On the other hand, as long as team two does not get a round one AE drop, I may stand a chance. I'm defiantly going to give each move more thought than I usually do...

Check out my YouTube channel if you have time
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHscape
Old April 9th, 2014, 08:29 PM

Re: brandonwiker's battle videos---Predict our Mirror Match

My mirror match is up on Youtube!

Battle 2: Mirror Match on Ice Blossom!

MrHscape's should be up very soon!

Go watch and see just how close it was! It's a 45 minute monster!

As with the first video, dice stats are at the end!

EDIT: Here is MrHscape's battle!

MrHscape's Mirror Match Ice Blossom part 1!

MrHscape's Mirror Match Ice Blossom part 2!

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; April 11th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old April 10th, 2014, 05:38 PM

Re: Mirror Matches are up!

Nicely done battle, brandonwiker! I liked it, it looked pretty professionally done and all, and it was quite an intense battle. I didn't think it would be anywhere near as close as it was.

I liked the look of the cell phone recording for some reason. Maybe even better than the first recording instrument you were using...

Old April 10th, 2014, 07:13 PM

Re: Mirror Matches are up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Nicely done battle, brandonwiker! I liked it, it looked pretty professionally done and all, and it was quite an intense battle. I didn't think it would be anywhere near as close as it was.

I liked the look of the cell phone recording for some reason. Maybe even better than the first recording instrument you were using...
Oh, good! We were using my brother in law's recorder (with a tripod for some shots, mostly dice rolling ones) for the first half of the video.

I am probably going to permanently stick to my phone to record, because the recorder my brother in law has records in HD, and it is very stressful for my computer to process those clips, my computer crashed 3 times and blue screened once while I was working on those film clips, and my pc is a gaming pc, not super high tech, but it's up there.

And it was a fantastic battle! He and I were astonished at how it turned out, especially because he killed 270 pts of my army in round 1. Arkmer really pulled through for me, except getting hit by 2/2 disengages, lol. I REALLY wanted that disengage closer to the end where he was engaged to NGS, and I was so disappointed that he disengaged from Otanashi AND walked through engagement strike for no wounds.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; April 11th, 2014 at 08:39 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports