Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:25 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker
XDVincent's Custom Thread

Hey guys, so I've been messing around with different customs, and every once in a while I find one I really like. Then I'll post them here for feedback! Anyways I don't like long winded stuff, so I'll just post the first one I've felt good about.

Steelbow Assassin
Spoiler Alert!

Uraash
Spoiler Alert!

Cythraul
Spoiler Alert!

Harbinger the Kyrie Warrior
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by XDVincent; May 4th, 2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:20 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker
Re: XDVincent's Custom Thread

He's not flashy, but he looks efficient. I assume it is meant to be an Uncommon Hero based on the wording of the abilities and not a Unique Hero. I think he might be even cheaper. If you compare him to Aubrien Archers who are worth 70, he is only getting 1 attack of the same unless he has height compared to their 3 attacks, and he only has a little bit better survivability.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:32 AM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
He's not flashy, but he looks efficient. I assume it is meant to be an Uncommon Hero based on the wording of the abilities and not a Unique Hero. I think he might be even cheaper. If you compare him to Aubrien Archers who are worth 70, he is only getting 1 attack of the same unless he has height compared to their 3 attacks, and he only has a little bit better survivability.
Yea, uncommon. I'll fix that typo. And yea I wanted more efficient than flashy, assassins to mean should feel, quick efficient and not really noticable until they go to work.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:38 AM
has been BANNED

Sarcastic Man is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDVincent View Post
Quote:
Yea, uncommon. I'll fix that typo. And yea I wanted more efficient than flashy, assassins to mean should feel, quick efficient and not really noticable until they go to work.
This looks like a pretty good concept, I would be up for doing some playtesting for this figure if your up for it .
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I too agree his cost should go down or some stat goes up.

If you want to keep him as a 50-pointer:
For starters I'd say jump him to about 4 HP, or to a 3 HP 4 Defense unit.

Otherwise, you can alter Systematic Targetting to something along the lines of...
After taking a turn with this Steelbow and if he attacked but did not destroy a figure this turn, and before another Order Marker is revealed, you may take a turn with another Steelbow. The selected Steelbow may not move or attack any other figures except the last one attacked.

Its totally up to you whether or not you want to allow the chaining of Systematic Targeting. If one could somehow surround units like Raelin...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Man View Post
Quote:
Quote:
This looks like a pretty good concept, I would be up for doing some playtesting for this figure if your up for it .
Go ahead, I would love if someone playtested my figures, that way I don't just have to do it all myself. It allows someone else give input based on how someone else plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

Otherwise, you can alter Systematic Targetting to something along the lines of...
After taking a turn with this Steelbow and if he attacked but did not destroy a figure this turn, and before another Order Marker is revealed, you may take a turn with another Steelbow. The selected Steelbow may not move or attack any other figures except the last one attacked.

Its totally up to you whether or not you want to allow the chaining of Systematic Targeting. If one could somehow surround units like Raelin...
I REALLY like this more than my Systematic Targeting. I kinda want to find a way to cost him around 45-55, because of the availability of the figure less than that would require larger numbers. But I'll update his card. I'm also going to add another life, as well as rename Advanced Targeting to Sighting, since it's pretty much the same power.

Last edited by XDVincent; April 23rd, 2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:01 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

I'm confused by this bit. I'm not sure why 'move' is mentioned in this sentence, and its purpose needs to be clarified (it almost reads like '...may not move any other figures except the last one attacked'). Can this unit move, but only if it can end its move adjacent to that same figure? Or can it not move at all, and can only attack if it was already adjacent to the same figure?

The first option, being able to move, could be quite powerful. The second option is more balanced. I assume with flameslayers quote about surrounding Raelin, he was leaning more in this direction.
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:13 AM

Actually, I've just realised that with the current wording, these guys have a bonding loop until they kill a guy, the target moves to Smoke Powder type abilities, or they succumb to something like Counterstrike.

The first one will take his turn and attack. If he doesn't kill the unit, then his ability triggers to take a turn with another Steelbow Assassin. The current Steelbow Assassin's turn has to end first before that can happen.

The second Steelbow Assassin begins his turn. While it is a restricted turn, it is still a turn. He attacks the same figure, and doesn't kill the unit, so his ability triggers, and Steelbow Assassin number 1 can be the next unit to take a turn because it fits all the criteria, and repeat.

I'm uncertain what the purpose of the 'before another Order Marker is revealed' wording is meant for, I could be missing something important.

How about;
'After attacking with this Steelbow Assassin, if you revealed an Order Marker on Steelbow Assassin this turn, after this turn you may take a turn with any number of other Steelbow Assassin's you control who are adjacent to the attacked figure. During those turns those figures can not move, and may only attack the figure that was attacked this turn.'

I think that works.
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:49 PM

Yea, that wording works, I also just noticed the bonding loop.
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Yea, that wording works, I also just noticed the bonding loop.
*cough*

Quote:
Its totally up to you whether or not you want to allow the chaining of Systematic Targeting.
*cough*

I pointed out there was a bonding loop in my wording.

IMO (which isn't worth the I lost this morning), you shouldn't have to be adjacent to get to use your extra attacks as they are Archers (bows aren't swords ). I wanted it to be so that the Steelbow who's taking a turn with Systematic targetting couldn't move at all that particular turn.

But, without the adjcency part, I like your wording.

Also, the "before another Order Marker part is revealed" bit is largely for clarity purposes only.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:56 PM

I've updated the card a fair bit, Changed the font to look more "official" and I again reworded Systematic Targeting, using bacchus' wording, minus the adjacency requirement, I feel like with a bow they don't really need to be close.

Old April 25th, 2013, 07:09 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Just another suggestion on the wording for the first power:

Systematic Targeting
If you revealed an Order Marker on this Steelbow Assassin this turn, and made a normal attack that did not destroy a figure, you may take a turn with another Steelbow Assassin you control. A Steelbow Assassin taking a turn with Systematic Targeting may not move, and must attack the figure this Steelbow Assassin attacked this turn. If the figure is not destroyed, you may continue to use Systematic Targeting with an additional Steelbow Assassin you control, if possible. Each Steelbow Assassin may only take a turn once with Systematic Targeting.

Your wording on "Sighting" is different (the non-adjacent part) from the power on Microcorp's -- you may want to change the name to "Long-Range Sighting" or something like that.

I like this guy and the way he works -- I'm concerned that you could (say, with a 500 point army of these guys, all on height) get 10 attacks of 4 each on one OM. That's a lot of ranged firepower! The costing on these is tricky, because having 10 of these guys is worth more than 5x the value of having 2....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards