Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 11th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I'm not convinced a marker is needed in this case: Atlaga doesn't have one, most people don't use the Airborne Elite marker. I doubt I would bring a marker if I brought her to a tournament.

But I don't think it matters too much. to review Fawcett
Old February 11th, 2017, 04:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
So when it says she is not not attacked, does that mean she IS attacked or that she's EXTRA not attacked?
It means you have to attack her when she leaves engagement, because she's not not attacked.

Last edited by dok; February 11th, 2017 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Like (I assume) SSG1, my eyes just scanned past the extra word before you pointed it out
Old February 12th, 2017, 01:47 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Typo fixed, sorry all.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 12th, 2017, 02:03 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think I only noticed on the third read-through, just one of those things the brain glosses over.

I think she looks super fun, although I also think the marker is unnecessary. to review nonetheless.
Old February 12th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I like Agent fawcett's design enough to give her an , I just wonder at what point in the game is that 2 attack going to worth an order marker?

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 12th, 2017, 07:32 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I think I second Wriggz concerns. I woulda liked to see this design for a higher priced agent. But that is just my personal preference.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:53 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

She's interesting enough for me to test. She looks to be the sort who will seldom kill her points worth so her value has to be judged on what benefit she supplies to her armies, which can be a bit subjective. I'll make sure to include glyphs in my testing.

YEA to review Agent Fawcett.
Old February 13th, 2017, 11:10 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wouldn't you consider her a filler unit and judge her differently than a typical 100pt hero? When are Otanashi or Isamu worth an order marker? At least with Agent Fawcett, she could be advancing on the battlefield during the course of the battle.
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Wouldn't you consider her a filler unit and judge her differently than a typical 100pt hero? When are Otanashi or Isamu worth an order marker? At least with Agent Fawcett, she could be advancing on the battlefield during the course of the battle.
Oh for sure. But there is a big difference between 10 and 30 points. In many games a 490 point Army is just as good as a 500, since there is only a 2% where as 30 points is 6%. There is also a threshold where you just give up on a specific build because the Points don't work. A figure that is never attacked until the end game, and then dies without ever inflecting a wound, is not terribly interesting.

Glyph Grabbing, distracting your opponent, and perhaps getting off a surprise attack at an opportune time will be where Fawcett will prove herself. She may even be more interesting with Treasure Glyphs floating around since getting the belt of giant strength will make that single attack more potent.

There is lots to consider when testing and often testing for strait duke'em out is one of the least telling. How a unit effects your play, your opponents play, glyphs, synergy, survivability, threat range, and offensive output all factor into good testing.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Seems like it would be reasonable to judge the figure for what it is, not what it is not.
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:38 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ya, I'll bet she'll be a little challenging to properly capture her worth.

Ironically, I just recently took a turn on an online game with Eldgrim, another 2/2 30pt hero, but a melee hero - wounding Mimring with him. Sure, its not really a great comparison since I was using him as a bonded hero, but if in the right place at the right time, she might prove useful. I'm curious how playtesting will turn out.

If I have any complaints about her, it's with the figure. The figure, standing tall with both guns blazing, makes me think of an in-your-face double-attack agent, not one meant to be sneaking around in stealth.
Old February 13th, 2017, 03:06 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Cool design! Love the theme. It comes out very nicely in the design.

Out of curiosity, do you have other designs that use stealth markers? Or other plans for them? Seems like an interesting choice to call out "one Stealth marker" and "at least one Stealth marker".
The main reason it is worded like that is to allow for reuses of the power with variable numbers of Stealth Markers. Like a higher point figure might get 'Stealth Suit 3' or something that lets them sneak around a bit better.

I'm planning on expanding the Stealth Marker concept out onto some other cards in my personal stuff, but nothing I'm planning on nominating here.

Quote:
If I have any complaints about her, it's with the figure. The figure, standing tall with both guns blazing, makes me think of an in-your-face double-attack agent, not one meant to be sneaking around in stealth.
Yeah it's not as good a match to the theme as my mod was, but it can't be helped. Cheap and readily available modern/sci-fi minis are few and far between. The pose looks more like a 'pop in the room and scan for bad guys' pose than a full-on firefight pose in person though, so it's a little better.

---

Also on the question of the necessity of the marker superfrog and Veggie brought up, I should mention that I've changed the power slightly from my original card in the workshop thread. It now removes the marker at the end of her turn, giving her a 'free' turn of disengage. I think this gives her a bit more pop, but it also makes the marker more necessary. I'm not even sure how one would word the current power without a marker. 'Agent Fawcett has no visible hit zone and is never attacked when leaving an engagement until after her first turn' I guess, but that doesn't sound very heroscapey.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs