Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 14th, 2019, 08:29 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

"One additional time" means "one and only one and no more".

"An additional time" means "an additional time and another time after that if conditions are met again, and again, and again..."

For as much work as the official designers put into spelling out a lot of powers, they sure chose to leave that pretty ambiguous.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 14th, 2019, 09:17 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
We've seen this before, including a previous version of the power in Astroking's thread. In C3V, we had to change Martial La Hire's power name to make it clear he can only attack twice, as testers were often playing him wrong.
Two potential ideas for situations like this: Josie says "up to 2 additional times" so I suppose you could use "up to 1 additional time" — but that's a bit awkward. Josie also refers to her second attack, as does Zhen Yuan (the second attack), so it seems like a good possibility could be "... may attack a second time [using Xyz Power]." Seems like this could elegantly avoid the looping question, since there clearly would be no question of getting a third attack with this wording.

Quote:
Two figures in the same space are not adjacent to each other.
Good to know. I was just reading an old thread about some unit (NotNW, maybe, but I've read a lot of old stuff over the past week or so) where Grungebob ratified somebody's interpretation that a Phantom Walker couldn't do some crazy thing like avoid Engagement Strike by dropping straight down on the Nakita — or something like this — because the temporary co-existence on the same space counted as adjacency and thus created/broke engagement. Maybe whatever thread that was pre-dated the current interpretation. Or maybe my memory is just wrong.

I feel like if I'm still playing Scape when I'm 60, I'll still be finding out I'm doing it wrong.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old January 14th, 2019, 09:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think the scenario in question in that old thread was falling onto a Gladiatron from really high, and then falling to another space much lower. The ruling was that this was legal, and avoided Cyberclaw for precisely the reason Scy noted: you're not adjacent if you're on the same space.

If I'm thinking of the same thread.
Old January 14th, 2019, 10:28 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'm not against that. But what you had was on the right track, just overcooked.

SHADOW FURY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 3 attack die. After attacking with Shadow Fury Special Attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your die roll for every Shadow figure you control adjacent to that Fiend. If you roll a 12 or higher, you may move that Shadow Fiend up to 3 spaces and attack again by rolling 3 attack dice.
This is a great suggestion. You have such a way with cleaning things up. I agree it can just read Attack 3...but I still kinda like the boosted second attack. I’ll think on that.

Thanks all for the suggestions. Sounds like Kuahtan just needs a class and name change as well as his power only affecting Einar Kyrie. I can live with that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 15th, 2019, 04:40 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:

Range 1. Attack Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 3 attack die. After attacking with Shadow Fury Special Attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your die roll for every Shadow figure you control adjacent to that Fiend. If you roll a 12 or higher, you may move that Shadow Fiend up to 3 spaces and attack again by rolling 3 attack dice.
This is a great suggestion. You have such a way with cleaning things up. I agree it can just read Attack 3...but I still kinda like the boosted second attack. I’ll think on that.

Thanks all for the suggestions. Sounds like Kuahtan just needs a class and name change as well as his power only affecting Einar Kyrie. I can live with that.
What about having it effect Common Kyrie? Einar's going to niche him out of playability, IMO, given that Kiova and the Imperium are so bad

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 15th, 2019, 09:47 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Range 1. Attack Special.

What about having it effect Common Kyrie? Einar's going to niche him out of playability, IMO, given that Kiova and the Imperium are so bad
oh duh...haha, not sure why I didn't see that before. Yes, I'd much prefer doing that. That avoids the whole helping Raelin thing.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 15th, 2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Thematically, I'd prefer if Leader's Reprisal would only prevent wounds if Kuathan could be placed adjacent.
Isn't that how it's written...or...hmmm, so right now even if he couldn't be placed adjacent to the attacking figure the figure could still receive a wound. Yeah, Imma have to add something to work around that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 15th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Thematically, I'd prefer if Leader's Reprisal would only prevent wounds if Kuathan could be placed adjacent.
Isn't that how it's written...or...hmmm, so right now even if he couldn't be placed adjacent to the attacking figure the figure could still receive a wound. Yeah, Imma have to add something to work around that.
LEADER'S REPRISAL
If a Common Kyrie figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Kuahtan is attacked by a normal attack from an opponent's figure and receives at least one wound, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, you may place Kuahtan adjacent to the attacking figure. If you do, ignore all wounds from the attack and if the attacking figure is small or medium, it receives 1 wound. Leader's Reprisal can only be used once per turn.
Old January 15th, 2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
LEADER'S REPRISAL
If a Common Kyrie figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Kuahtan is attacked by a normal attack from an opponent's figure and receives at least one wound, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, you may place Kuahtan adjacent to the attacking figure. If you do, ignore all wounds from the attack and if the attacking figure is small or medium, it receives 1 wound. Leader's Reprisal can only be used once per turn.
This is great start...but as written, I could be 5 spaces behind one of my figures who gets attacked by Syvarris from 9 spaces away and potentiall catapult Kuahtan 14+ spaces to become adjacent to that attacking figure. That’s why I said in previous versions that he needed to be within 5 spaces of the attacking figure and not the defending one, though I see why you did that thematically.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 15th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
LEADER'S REPRISAL
This is great start...but as written, I could be 5 spaces behind one of my figures who gets attacked by Syvarris from 9 spaces away and potentiall catapult Kuahtan 14+ spaces to become adjacent to that attacking figure. That’s why I said in previous versions that he needed to be within 5 spaces of the attacking figure and not the defending one, though I see why you did that thematically.
LEADER'S REPRISAL
If a Common Kyrie figure you control is attacked by a normal attack from an opponent's figure that is within 5 clear sight spaces of Kuahtan and receives at least one wound, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, you may place Kuahtan adjacent to the attacking figure. If you do, ignore all wounds from the attack and if the attacking figure is small or medium, it receives 1 wound. Leader's Reprisal can only be used once per turn.
Old January 15th, 2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
LEADER'S REPRISAL
LEADER'S REPRISAL
If a Common Kyrie figure you control is attacked by a normal attack from an opponent's figure that is within 5 clear sight spaces of Kuahtan and receives at least one wound, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, you may place Kuahtan adjacent to the attacking figure. If you do, ignore all wounds from the attack and if the attacking figure is small or medium, it receives 1 wound. Leader's Reprisal can only be used once per turn.
There it is! Wow, that looks great I really appreciate the help cleaning up the content of the power.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 17th, 2019, 05:16 AM

Thank you all for the helpful feedback. This is where I've landed with these guys. Any last thoughts for now?

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards