Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 11th, 2014, 11:21 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
So someone stole from my little brother...

Sorry in advance for posting this, but I really need to vent.

Today me and my brother were playing magic. I don't really like the game all that much but I enjoy hanging out with him, especially since he's had a problem with his ankle lately and hasn't been feeling that great. Anyway, as we're playing I notice a rare card is missing from my deck. I figure, no big deal, I probably just misplaced it. Well as it turns out, it wasn't the only card to go 'missing'. Someone has stolen 4 cards that are worth about 50 bucks altogether from my Brothers decks, not counting the one from my deck that I don't really care about. The worst part is it was had to be one of his friends that did it since the decks never leave the house.

It really ticks me off, especially since I know my brother has to be upset but he's not one to share his feelings. It's only a week from his Birthday too, just horrible situation all around. I hate not being able to do much of anything about it.

The only thing I could do is replace the cards, but I don't really have the money to spend on that right now. It wouldn't be quite the same anyway, he didn't buy any of those cards, he manged to get them by luck of the draw from blind packs. Replacements wouldn't have the same meaning to them, still I guess buying him some would at least show one of his friends really cares about him. I feel like a total failure of a sibling right now...

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 12th, 2014, 12:05 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: So someone stole from my little brother...

I had a friend who once played magic. Turns out his whole deck got stolen from him, a bunch of rare cards too. I hope things work out for your brother.
Old July 12th, 2014, 12:18 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Never played magic, but I played yugioh with a few friends, one of whom stole 2 secret rare cards (worth probably around $50 each) out of my deck when I went to the bathroom. I knew it was him because the next day at school, he suddenly had those two cards in his deck and mine were missing. One card that he stole had a bent corner, I could tell it was mine. He lied to me and said he just got them. Bologna.

Haven't talked to him since. It's a shame that "friends" would do this to one another, but I guess you know when to cross them off of your friend list, then.
Old July 12th, 2014, 12:35 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Were they older cards SW or from more recent sets? Just curious, that is a bummer. I had a "friend" steal from me as well. We had an apartment together when I got sick, my mom took care of me in her apt. Before I recovered he defaulted on the lease, and on top of it stole a tomahawk & peace pipe someone had brought me from Arizona.
Old July 12th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Bummer SG-1. Do not feel too bad about being a bad sibling. I doubt there was anything you could have done. People will be people unfortunately. I wish your brother all the best. I am recovering from a broken ankle so I feel his pain in that regard.

A couple years ago some pros rolled through Gen Con and swiped thousands of dollars of Magic cards. Apparently greed will push folks to the most devious acts.
I hope your brother has a great birthday regardless of the current situations. He is lucky to have such a caring brother.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 12th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I understand the feeling, no one messes with my little brother.

If you want to try and get the card back I would suggest asking others he has recently played with if they've noticed they are missing any cards, thieves generally don't have one target. At least you could try to rule some people out.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old July 12th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I've had to deal with that as the dad. It's not your responsibility to replace the cards.

KidScaper does not want to get into Magic, partly because that brand of stress is unique to that type of game. I'm sorry for the stress your brother is going through, but it's not your fault, and it's not his fault. It's just that one or more of his "friends" is in fact a "di ck," and that's too bad. Learn from it, move on.

And if you can figure out which one it was - it sounds like that may not happen - that's another matter. Let us (or me, privately, if you'd prefer) know if that happens.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 12th, 2014, 10:52 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the kind words guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Were they older cards SW or from more recent sets?
Newer stuff, including a foil mythic rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
If you want to try and get the card back I would suggest asking others he has recently played with if they've noticed they are missing any cards, thieves generally don't have one target. At least you could try to rule some people out.
Unfortunately that won't work here, we're the only ones that really have cards, everyone else just uses one of our decks when they come over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
And if you can figure out which one it was - it sounds like that may not happen - that's another matter. Let us (or me, privately, if you'd prefer) know if that happens.
There's really only four 'suspects' that make much sense, but I doubt we'll ever figure out who it is, especially since we don't really know when the cards were taken. If I do find out who did it, I'll let y'all know, it's probably a wiser move than my original plain of 'chuck the @#@@$ off our cliff'.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 12th, 2014, 11:05 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If I were in your situation, I'd definitely do my best to figure out who the thief is, and do what is possible to get the cards back. Obviously, anyone who would steal from your brother is not a friend at all, and it's definitely best to cut ties with someone like this as soon as possible. And I absolutely hate the idea of a thief getting away with it, but that's more of a personal issue with me.

If it were me personally, I would run down the list of everyone who has had access to the cards since they went missing, inquire personally about the missing cards with each of them, and try to deduce from here who the possible suspects would be. From here, especially if I'm confident in one person, I'd go into a super confrontational mode, where I bring the pressure and hope to break the suspect. Again, this is just what I'd do.

I've always been overprotective of my brother, despite the fact that he's only two years younger than me, and if something like this were to happen to him, I'd obsess over it. (Well, something along the lines did happen a couple years ago, but it was a different situation in a few ways and I had absolutely zero power in investigating the theft, and it ended up getting fixed anyway.)

Seriously though, if a situation like yours arose with my brother, and we had a solid suspect, I would be trying to set up an confrontation/intervention, and hope to bring enough guilt upon the individual and compel them to do the right thing. But as a rough and tumble individual, and, generally speaking, a pretty good judge of character, I don't have much of a problem doing something like this.

There really isn't a good reason to be stealing magic cards, and a person who does so has some serious issues that need to be addressed. I hate the fact that we can't trust people as easily as we should be able to, but at the end of the day, we just have to be careful about who we give access to our stuff.

I seriously hope you get a resolution to your situation, or at least, can figure out who the thief is. As I said earlier, your brother would definitely be best off ending a relationship with someone who would steal his magic cards.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old July 12th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I do not recommend going DV's route of obsessing. Introduce your brother to Star Realms. Totally scratch the MtG itch for $15, and no collecting. Show him Ascension and Love Letter, which I would also highly recommend to a Magic player. Be done with MtG for a while and show him the world outside. Then, one day, he can sell his old cards for store credit at CoolStuffInc.

Obsessing over it is ridiculous. And there is a reason to steal Magic cards. The reason is being a di ck.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 12th, 2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: dv, life is not like a police show. your way leads only to stress and recriminations.
Old July 13th, 2014, 12:36 AM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I do not recommend going DV's route of obsessing.
Neither do I, necessarily. It depends on the person and the situation. I stated what I'd do in the situation, but not knowing the people involved or the details of the situation, I cannot, nor did I, recommend what he should do. I just hate the idea of the kid either continually getting burned by his so called friends, or be unable to trust the friends who are honest.

Quote:
Show him Ascension and Love Letter, which I would also highly recommend to a Magic player. Be done with MtG for a while and show him the world outside. Then, one day, he can sell his old cards for store credit at CoolStuffInc.
I cannot second this motion enough!

These two games, along with Mage Wars, are the reason I don't play Magic any longer. Ascension and Love Letter are both a blast, and can both be acquired for about what you'd pay for a Magic Fat Pack.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old July 17th, 2014, 01:00 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Were they older cards SW or from more recent sets?
Newer stuff, including a foil mythic rare.
Ok was just curious, I have alot of older stuff and was thinking if I had extras I could help you replace. All of what I have is 6th edition and older, to that point I actually have what I call my Sacrafice deck that has Thallids, Breeding Pits etc in it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General