Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old June 16th, 2011, 09:28 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My Terrain 10/12/16. Evergreen Bushes

Welcome to my terrain thread.

Here is my latest ready to use terrain find. Got these at Joann Fabrics

Twisted Tree
Spoiler Alert!

Single Hex Mini pines
Spoiler Alert!

Jungle Ferns w/Tutorial
Spoiler Alert!

@Grishnakh inspired rock fields
Spoiler Alert!

Shrine of Chaos
Spoiler Alert!

Trees from Dollar Tree
Spoiler Alert!

Bridge
Spoiler Alert!

Dead Tree
Spoiler Alert!

Bunker
Spoiler Alert!

Building Rubble
Spoiler Alert!

Barrels
Spoiler Alert!

Cars
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by JC McMinis; October 12th, 2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:46 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: My 1st piece of custom terrain.

Good work!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:24 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank You..I have finished it. Here are a couple of more pics.

Old June 16th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the chains are a nice touch. Do you allow figs to jump off of the bridge and into the water?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:00 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

Nice bridge, did you ever think about painting or staining it? Also, you could try shaving some wood off the edges, in between each board, to make it look more weathered. Does it fit over the hexes or is it just layed on the board?
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:45 PM

ladidadi.davis Woo who?

Very nice looking bridge. I like Quack's idea of making it look a bit weathered but either way it looks nice. How do you calculate movement on it?
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Thanks everyone.

@ Flame...I do plan on allowing chain jumping. It will count as 1 move point to jump it.

@ Quack...Im still debating on painting/weathering the bridge.

@ ladidadi...Though you cant see it in the pics there are hexes drawn on in pencil. Once I decide if I am going to do anymore to it will I make them more visible
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:49 PM

ladidadi.davis Woo who?

Oh I gotcha. After really looking, I can see them. After you 'age' it or beat it up or whatever you want to do to make it look even better, probably just a bold sharpie outline would suffice.
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:08 AM

Ok I 'aged' the bridge, used a sharpie to outline the hexes and even came up with a story for it.

The bridge has stood for centuries, one of many such built in a collaberation between the elves and dwarves. The elves provided the beautiful white oak wood and the dwarves brought metals that would never rust. Over the years many battles have been fought on the bridge and while the metal has not changed, the wood is now dirty, moldy and stained with blood.
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:19 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: My Terrain final pic of bridge up

Nice bridge. It is nice to have a bit of a background story for a custom piece, usually gives it more character as you add the details.
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:18 AM

ladidadi.davis Woo who?

I like what I see
Old June 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM

Ok final final pic of the bridge this time in a actual battlefield

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles