Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 16th, 2020, 10:53 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
I agree with Scytales points above. However, I was also thinking last night about how the original idea behind Spectral Chain might be simplified, and came up with this.

Quote:
SPECTRAL CHAIN “SPECTRAL” ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 1+ Special.
Choose a figure to attack within 6 clear sight spaces in a straight line from Sir Aldorn. Roll one additional attack die for each Specter of Aldorn between Sir Aldorn and the chosen figure. Subtract one attack die for each empty space between Sir Aldorn and the chosen figure.
It has some significant mechanical differences from the original version, but I think retains the theme fairly well, is much more concise, and I think easier to understand initially. Even if it doesn’t end up being used for this figure, I think the concept is interesting and could potentially be used for another design.
The problem is "between" is not defined. Unless the attack is in a straight line, there are multiple pathways that can be drawn between the source and target.
I think if you changed the wording to "terrors within 2(or 3?) spaces of the target(or Sir Aldorn)" instead of "between", it would work.
Old July 16th, 2020, 10:54 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with Scytales points above. However, I was also thinking last night about how the original idea behind Spectral Chain might be simplified, and came up with this.

Quote:
Choose a figure to attack within 6 clear sight spaces in a straight line from Sir Aldorn. Roll one additional attack die for each Specter of Aldorn between Sir Aldorn and the chosen figure. Subtract one attack die for each empty space between Sir Aldorn and the chosen figure.
It has some significant mechanical differences from the original version, but I think retains the theme fairly well, is much more concise, and I think easier to understand initially. Even if it doesn’t end up being used for this figure, I think the concept is interesting and could potentially be used for another design.
The problem is "between" is not defined. Unless the attack is in a straight line, there are multiple pathways that can be drawn between the source and target.
That’s why I specified the attack had to be in a straight line 🙂
Old July 16th, 2020, 10:59 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
That’s why I specified the attack had to be in a straight line 🙂
Heh, whoops, I missed that. Yeah, then it works, though it's a lot harder to use.
Old July 16th, 2020, 01:26 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Is Spectral chain really that much more complex than Quahon's Lightning breath? The difference is that Spectral Chain uses your own figures to get around, and Quahon can use any figure.
and LB can only link between 4 units if you count Quahon, and SC only hits 1 target, and LB hits every unit in the chain.
Old July 16th, 2020, 01:56 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Is Spectral chain really that much more complex than Quahon's Lightning breath? The difference is that Spectral Chain uses your own figures to get around, and Quahon can use any figure.
and LB can only link between 4 units if you count Quahon, and SC only hits 1 target, and LB hits every unit in the chain.
The special attack is the key design feature of Quahon. It is almost the entire design.

It's also very potent and does not take much effort to use effectively.
Old July 16th, 2020, 10:14 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

In my opinion where the specters were simple and clear, the hero is complex to the detriment of the unit. A hero unit that can move more specters would be useful, also a unit with a heafty attack would cover their weakness.

This might be a place where you can use the stat box to your advantage. A power ranged attack should be enough here. Not everything needs to be a power. Look back to Syvarris or the more recent Tyron, both simply have double attack, but the interaction with the stat box makes them play very differently, and very threatening in their domain. The designers got the spirit of Lagolas down with one very simple power and a good use of the stat box.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 16th, 2020, 11:20 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I can see when I'm out numbered. I really like the way that Spectral Chain works. Maybe it's not the most straight forward, but it's cool. That said, I'll drop the design as far as the SoV goes.
Old July 23rd, 2020, 07:50 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Alright, after some tests, just as an update, this is what I hope is the final version. Thoughts before I submit him?
Old July 23rd, 2020, 07:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Wasn't there a clause in there that stopped you from Posseing if Clay was the only lawman left?
Old July 23rd, 2020, 08:05 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

*squints*

I think you're right....hold on
Old July 23rd, 2020, 08:14 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Wasn't there a clause in there that stopped you from Posseing if Clay was the only lawman left?
It's the word "other".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 23rd, 2020, 08:18 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It's the word "other".
And you cannot be in clear sight of yourself, and it is not possible to have two claytons even if you hit a mind shackle on your opponents.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards