Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 29th, 2019, 01:10 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Why not just limit Divining Rod to Durgeth? Or Savages? I think LO is right that Valkrill is too wide for the power, but keeping it in one of those smaller faction would allow it to be powerful and allow for interesting design space in the future.

I also like that you worked in Comfrey Plants, but I think they could have more utility than just a re-skinned regeneration. What if you had the option of removing a wound from either his card or an adjacent hero? (with possible size/d20 requirements -- I'd have to think on that) I'm pretty sure they can be used to heal anyone, after all.
Good feedback. I think I will limit it to Durgeth cards, that makes sense. As for Comfrey Plants, I thought about something similar but wasn’t sure if Ravagers would heal each other....maybe though.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 30th, 2019, 02:16 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Made a few changes:

Since divining rod will be limited to Durgeth and therefore not have as powerful effect, I decided to cut it down to use it anytime but only +3 to the die roll and only once per turn. I also shaped the stats a little more favorably for a hero with 2 def and a healing power that can effect both friends and himself by using Comfrey Plants. That way, he can become an interesting unit with the ability to heal himself AND others as well as use his divining rod on himself.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:40 PM

Iron Clubber is surprisingly tart

A little clarification on Agrith-Naar, can he now not take a turn unless he destroys a squad figure, or was removing "if possible" simply to help clean up?

Really like the look of the custom, but only tried it in one match as of yet, hopefully more to come!
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:03 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

For Vergüzza, since he only has one D20 ability and can be affected by his own Divining Rod, it makes sense to either add "Vergüzza cannot be affected by his own Divining Rod" to the end of the power or to specify "other Durgeth that you control," and just lower his roll for Comfrey Plants by 3. Him rolling the D20 for other purposes will be pretty rare, so it doesn't feel necessary to complicate the design more by specifying that he can only boost his own D20 once per turn.
Old February 11th, 2019, 05:55 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

On two separate occassions now I've looked at Veguzza's card and read that ability as "Comfy Pants". Envisioning him slaying enemies in old sweat pants...
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clubber View Post
A little clarification on Agrith-Naar, can he now not take a turn unless he destroys a squad figure, or was removing "if possible" simply to help clean up?

Really like the look of the custom, but only tried it in one match as of yet, hopefully more to come!
nope, he can always take a turn, it's just that he'll take a wound if he is unable to destroy a squad figure. yeah, removing "if possible" was to clean it up, since it seemed fairly evident that he'd just take a wound if there was no squad figure adjacent. Glad to hear you've run some tests with him...that makes me happy you've taken an interest

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 12th, 2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
For Vergüzza, since he only has one D20 ability and can be affected by his own Divining Rod, it makes sense to either add "Vergüzza cannot be affected by his own Divining Rod" to the end of the power or to specify "other Durgeth that you control," and just lower his roll for Comfrey Plants by 3. Him rolling the D20 for other purposes will be pretty rare, so it doesn't feel necessary to complicate the design more by specifying that he can only boost his own D20 once per turn.
Interesting...yeah I think you've got a point there.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 28th, 2019, 05:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hey Sir H.

I was thinking about the Shadow Fiend today and was wondering if you had considered something like the following (to replace the special attack):

Quote:
BRIMSTONE FLIGHT
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose any number of figures this Shadow Fiend passed over this turn. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure, adding 1 to your roll for each Shadow figure you control adjacent to the chosen figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.
or:

Quote:
BRIMSTONE FLIGHT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with this Shadow Fiend, you may move it up to 6 spaces. If it ends this movement unengaged, you may choose any number of figures it passed over this turn to attack with Brimstone Flight Special Attack. Roll each attack separately.
EDIT: Scy has a great point. Perhaps "choose up to 2 figures" rather than "choose any number of figures".

Last edited by superfrog; February 28th, 2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old February 28th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The thing you need to decide most about the Shadow Fiend is how it fits into the faction. The Binder is a nice utility use, and the Hound is a strong single hit. A natural place to go would be an anti-squad unit, though there is great danger in giving it a multi-attack since you're activating potentially three of them. So while superfrog's idea is cool, it's probably overwhelming with three activations per marker.

I like your multiple shadows for a bonus theme. I might do something like this:
SEARING DARKNESS
Before attacking with a Shadow Fiend, you must roll the 20-sided die for each adjacent figure. Add +1 to the die roll for each other Shadow figure you control adjacent to the figure. If you roll a 17 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound.

Also, Xundar's special attack at 4 is still a sticking point to a number of us. Maybe 3 and a +1 if it's adjacent to one of your Shadows.
Old February 28th, 2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Hey Sir H.

I was thinking about the Shadow Fiend today and was wondering if you had considered something like the following (to replace the special attack):

Quote:
BRIMSTONE FLIGHT
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose any number of figures this Shadow Fiend passed over this turn. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure, adding 1 to your roll for each Shadow figure you control adjacent to the chosen figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.
or:

Quote:
BRIMSTONE FLIGHT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with this Shadow Fiend, you may move it up to 6 spaces. If it ends this movement unengaged, you may choose any number of figures it passed over this turn to attack with Brimstone Flight Special Attack. Roll each attack separately.
EDIT: Scy has a great point. Perhaps "choose up to 2 figures" rather than "choose any number of figures".
I like these options, though I'm not sure what "Brimstone" has to do with Shadows.

I like that this is a very unique ability that thematically has the Fiend flying over the top of the Shadows, "knocking off" opponents along the way.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 28th, 2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
The thing you need to decide most about the Shadow Fiend is how it fits into the faction. The Binder is a nice utility use, and the Hound is a strong single hit. A natural place to go would be an anti-squad unit, though there is great danger in giving it a multi-attack since you're activating potentially three of them. So while superfrog's idea is cool, it's probably overwhelming with three activations per marker.

I like your multiple shadows for a bonus theme. I might do something like this:
SEARING DARKNESS
Before attacking with a Shadow Fiend, you must roll the 20-sided die for each adjacent figure. Add +1 to the die roll for each other Shadow figure you control adjacent to the figure. If you roll a 17 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound.
I like that it's essentially what a FE is but a little less strong...but I think it's for that reason that people wouldn't like this ability, because it'd just be a FE basically.

Quote:
Also, Xundar's special attack at 4 is still a sticking point to a number of us. Maybe 3 and a +1 if it's adjacent to one of your Shadows.
I'm not worried. The testing I've done has proven it to be just fine and honestly far from broken. With the current power level of the Shadows, Xundar's special is needed, but if the Shadows get stronger because of whatever the Fiend becomes, then I think it might need altering, but right now I'm really not concerned.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 1st, 2019, 10:30 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
I'm not worried. The testing I've done has proven it to be just fine and honestly far from broken. With the current power level of the Shadows, Xundar's special is needed, but if the Shadows get stronger because of whatever the Fiend becomes, then I think it might need altering, but right now I'm really not concerned.
Broken or not isn't the concern. It's whether or not an ability like that should be 3 dice or 4. Even if it wasn't broken at 10 dice, it shouldn't be 10 dice, because it doesn't fit the game or type of unit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards