Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 29th, 2019, 10:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'm not sure why anyone even cares about the general. It's the design that needs work.
I don’t think the figure fits under any Heroscape general, which is why I suggested that he should stop trying to make any design at all for the figure. Not sure if that got across, though.
Old June 30th, 2019, 12:37 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
I'm not sure why anyone even cares about the general. It's the design that needs work.
I don’t think the figure fits under any Heroscape general, which is why I suggested that he should stop trying to make any design at all for the figure. Not sure if that got across, though.
It did get through, I did not know anyone else didn't use the Rifleman miniature because of the very reason you described. I focus on my new army card and I gave Einar the monk treatment.
Old June 30th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
I disagree with you. The figure is fine with the right design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 30th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Can't remember if I'd posted this here and wanted to get some feedback. So far in my customs thread I've received good feedback on this design and I've been happy with how he's operated thus far as far as balance goes, during playtests.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 30th, 2019, 04:51 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sustained By Blood ticks on him even when he has no OMs, correct? The wound-taking bit?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 30th, 2019, 06:09 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Sustained By Blood ticks on him even when he has no OMs, correct? The wound-taking bit?
In a way, yes. It’s before you take a turn, so if there’s something that bonds with demons than in that case he would not have OMs but the ability would still activate before he takes his turn.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 30th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

4 attacks on anything is worrying to me. I get why it’s there, and I get the counter argument (Sustained By Blood and no bonding). Still, i wonder if anyone else is concerened that this could limit future design space for Demon Bonding or Attack Bonding. 4 attacks of 3 (4 with height) and no limit on attacking the same figure each time could get dicey.

That’s not to say I hate the unit. Sustained by Blood is really neat, and I think this figure screams Valkrill Demon. The design in and of itself it sound, IMO. It’s the interaction with possible later units that makes me hesitate.
Old June 30th, 2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
4 attacks on anything is worrying to me. I get why it’s there, and I get the counter argument (Sustained By Blood and no bonding). Still, i wonder if anyone else is concerened that this could limit future design space for Demon Bonding or Attack Bonding. 4 attacks of 3 (4 with height) and no limit on attacking the same figure each time could get dicey.

That’s not to say I hate the unit. Sustained by Blood is really neat, and I think this figure screams Valkrill Demon. The design in and of itself it sound, IMO. It’s the interaction with possible later units that makes me hesitate.
Yeah, in testing so far his SbB has been fairly balancing to just how much he’s able to kill before he goes down, but I definitely see the concern. Maybe add a “may not attack the same figure more than twice” clause?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 30th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post

Yeah, in testing so far his SbB has been fairly balancing to just how much he’s able to kill before he goes down, but I definitely see the concern. Maybe add a “may not attack the same figure more than twice” clause?
I mean, maybe? I’m not a Judge anymore, so I’d wait on any changes until they come down on it in this thread. Just voicing my concern as someone who used to sit in that particular chair. And it’s a thorny thing, “future design space.” You don’t want to craft a unit with too much what-if fear in your mind, because otherwise we’d lose a lot of innovation. But you want to balance that with a dose of caution.

As you say, your tests have been fairly balanced, and at this stage I’m certainly inclined to take that as an assurance, and were I still in the chair, I’d likely vote it forward, with an asterisk for a balance concern, then let the Sanctum talk it over in Unified Fanscape Review, since they’re the ones most likely to be impacted by that particular issue.

Long story short, I’m glad you see the concern, and that you’ve given it thought. That’s my
Old June 30th, 2019, 10:07 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really want to see a whole army build of Valkrill demons. I think it's a whole area ripe for design. So I too am concerned about limitations this could pose on demon bonding in the future.

Super cool design though!
Old June 30th, 2019, 11:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

With his mobility and durability he looks nuts for 120 points. Damn the torpedoes, just add a wound marker every OM, and destroy, right? I am quite surprised he’s been balanced in testing. I would not want to play against him, and whatever else you piled up alongside him.

You say he’s tested balanced, I accept that. I’m surprised, but ok.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 1st, 2019, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
With his mobility and durability he looks nuts for 120 points. Damn the torpedoes, just add a wound marker every OM, and destroy, right? I am quite surprised he’s been balanced in testing. I would not want to play against him, and whatever else you piled up alongside him.

You say he’s tested balanced, I accept that. I’m surprised, but ok.
Well the thing is he’s a self killing unit. He doesn’t always get to heal by destroying a squad unit on his turn if there are none around, so it makes it that much easier for opponents to attack and kill on their turn when he’s forced to wound himself on his own turn. It’s also easier in the end game to beat him because you don’t have to attack him. Just run away until he kills himself (assuming he’s the last one or there are no more squad figures to eat).

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards