Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun
SoA's Customs: MOTLEY MAX, 11/18

I've come up with a few ideas after lurking in many, many customs threads (Like those of Scytale, qt. Bangerang, Sertorious and Typhon2222, dok, etc.). I've decided to share my ideas with the community. Unfortunately, I have been unable to make any card program work on my computer, and with my skills (or lack thereof) it's probably better that way. The cards in this post are all done by awesomeunleashed, mac122, and other masterful card makers, most graciously. Please, feel free to criticize, and correct me when I screw up. I'll be submitting photos of possible miniatures for the ideas I put forth. I fully intend for these ideas to be completely compatible with Classic 'Scape, and I intend to ensure that these are priced correctly, so especially let me know when a unit is underpriced or overpriced. Enjoy viewing.

HOARGUN THUNDERFIST HIGHLIGHTED

Jandar
Spoiler Alert!

Einar
Spoiler Alert!

Aquilla
Spoiler Alert!

Ullar
Spoiler Alert!

Valkrill
Spoiler Alert!

Utgar
Spoiler Alert!

Vydar
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; November 23rd, 2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: title changed, & I don't know why I bother keeping this OP...
Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:32 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: SoA's Custom Ideas. Criticism Warmly Welcomed.

Interesting concept and I like it. Personality wise, seeing as he is a sniper, I would make it precise. On the return fire ability is shouls say, ruin, evergreen tree, jungle piece or rock outcropping
Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:34 PM

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks, jcmcminis. I'll fix the wording.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:46 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that 90 points is definitely too low. This guy coudl get off a lot fo attacks. that cover and retaliate thing boosts him up quite a bit, and the shot mastery adds some too. I think his stats could bring his points down a bit more, maybe to about 110ish area. You might want to reduce the range though. 5 or 6 should work, but with the current range, his points would go up a bit more.
So, what I would suggest:
Spoiler Alert!

I would price him at about what you had, 90, or maybe 100, with those revisions.

Rise of the Valkyrie (Prequels) - Paused
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:49 PM

I wanted to make this guy have more than 6 range (though I know 8 is unrealistic). So maybe 7, but down the defense. I want him to be fragile in melee combat, but be difficult to hit from range. Maybe I could up the successful roll for C&R to 13, making him easier to wound.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:52 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

I'll put any cards I make for SoA here, sorted by general.

Utgar:
Spoiler Alert!

Valkrill:
Spoiler Alert!

Jandar:
Spoiler Alert!

Ullar:
Spoiler Alert!

Einar:
Spoiler Alert!

Vydar:
Spoiler Alert!

Aquilla:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; June 19th, 2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:54 PM

Alright, here's an earlier version, incorporating some of the corrections above, of Cover and Retaliate. It might solve the problem of the attack vs. auto-wound.

If ??? is adjacent to a Ruin, Jungle Piece, Rock Outcrop, or Glacier Mountain, and receives one or more wounds from a non-adjacent attacking figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-?, nothing happens. If you roll a ?-?', ignore any wounds just receives. If you roll a ?'' or higher, ignore any wounds just receives, and inflict one wound on the attacking figure if it is within range of ???

P.S.- ?=number, ?'=number higher than ?, and ?''=number higher than ?'
Old November 24th, 2011, 11:55 AM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Alright, here's an earlier version, incorporating some of the corrections above, of Cover and Retaliate. It might solve the problem of the attack vs. auto-wound.

If ??? is adjacent to a Ruin, Jungle Piece, Rock Outcrop, or Glacier Mountain, and receives one or more wounds from a non-adjacent attacking figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-?, nothing happens. If you roll a ?-?', ignore any wounds just receives. If you roll a ?'' or higher, ignore any wounds just receives, and inflict one wound on the attacking figure if it is within range of ???

P.S.- ?=number, ?'=number higher than ?, and ?''=number higher than ?'
Ooh, I like that better than what I had. Maybe this?

Spoiler Alert!

You really have to make the Retaliate requirement be 7 clear sight spaces instead of range, because the Mind Flayer Mastermind or any other figure with an attack that does not require line of sight could be shooting at you through a castle wall.

Old November 24th, 2011, 12:18 PM

Y'know, it's funny, I'd just made the clear sight spaces edit in the hard copy on my computer before I came on the site. I'd also considered the Battlement, because of height. I'm most likely to go with the Dwarf Raider figure, #03 from the D&D set Angelfire. He has the crossbow, and is certainly small enough. His availability is a slight issue, because I want the customs I make to use readily available figures. Auggies only has 2 of these in stock right now, Miniature Market has 6 in stock, and BeholdertheBargains has ?I don't know, their server isn't responding. But Ebay has more than 150, very reasonably priced too. Right then, I think I'll keep the Battlement, but I don't want to go anywhere near the idea of applying C&R to Tower Pieces. It will complicate things too much. I'll take the finalized text, and go playtest. I'm going to code name the figure DR, just for the sake of sanity in the text.

Finalized Text (Draft 1)
Name- DR

Follows- Aquilla
Species- Dwarf
Type- Unique Hero
Class- Sniper
Personality- Precise
Size- Small
Height- 3

Life- 4
Move- 5
Range- 7
Attack- 2
Defense- 2
Points- 90

Special Powers
Cover and Retaliate
If DR is adjacent to a Ruin, Evergreen Tree, Glacier Mountain, Jungle Piece, Battlement, or Rock Outcrop, and receives one or more wounds from an attack from an opponents figure that is not adjacent, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-11, nothing happens. If you roll a 12-16, ignore any wounds DR just received. If you roll a 17 or higher, ignore any wounds DR just received, and you may immediately inflict a wound on the attacking figure if it is within 7 clear sight spaces of DR.

Shot Mastery
If DR did not move this turn, you may attack one additional time with . If DR attacks the same figure in one turn, roll one additional attack die for the second attack.

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; November 24th, 2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old November 24th, 2011, 03:02 PM

Good, except for one thing: If you roll a 17 or higher, you can't ignore any wounds! I'm going to make the card as soon as I get the chance, if that's fine with you.

Old November 24th, 2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Good, except for one thing: If you roll a 17 or higher, you can't ignore any wounds! I'm going to make the card as soon as I get the chance, if that's fine with you.
Fixed, and thank you very much. This will be using the Dwarf Raider mini, easy enough to find. A pic of the mini is linked in the OP.
Old November 24th, 2011, 04:51 PM

Here's the card:

I changed the wording slightly on Shot Mastery to be closer to official wording, I hope you don't mind.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards