Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 28th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Moderators can also sticky a thread, if it is in their managed sub-forum. If you think a thread deserves a sticky I'd suggest PMing the Mod of that sub-forum for approval.
How do I know which Mod is in charge of the Sub forum?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:22 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Moderators can also sticky a thread, if it is in their managed sub-forum. If you think a thread deserves a sticky I'd suggest PMing the Mod of that sub-forum for approval.
How do I know which Mod is in charge of the Sub forum?
At the bottom right of the sub-forum page there's a little window that displays the number of Moderators in that sub-forum, next to the currently active users window (should look like this):

There are some sub-forums that don't have any Moderators though; if that's the case I'd PM an Admin about your sticky request.
Old February 29th, 2016, 02:17 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Thank you much!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 17th, 2016, 01:30 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone have any idea if the customs group ever came to a satisfying conclusion for the green wyrmling sculpt, stats, and powers?
Old March 17th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There is not currently a green wyrmling from the SoV or the C3V. The C3V has not announced a suitable sculpt (I don't think), and the SoV does not (I don't think) have an open nomination for one, either.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 17th, 2016, 10:50 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Anyone have any idea if the customs group ever came to a satisfying conclusion for the green wyrmling sculpt, stats, and powers?
I created a thread Green & Copper Wyrmlings - Vote & Collaborate with some good stats and powers choices, and @dok created a thread Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting that had some good discussion, but there was no 100% concensus. There wasn't a sculpt in enough quantities to be considered for SoV/C3V before, but here is IMHO the best choice for a figure now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I think we can at least agree that this is a good unit then:
Safari LTD Good Luck Minis Forest Dragons - MSRP $100 for 192 = $.52/each
eBay and Amazon have sellers selling packs of 10 for $6 + shipping.

I like the wording from dok's (more shield than non shield), killercactus's (max one wound), or even Tornado (fixed 4 defense). I say move this discussion to open SoV public discussion with all its bylaws on voting, etc. Playtest at least 2 different versions and see which is best.
Old March 18th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
I created a thread Green & Copper Wyrmlings - Vote & Collaborate with some good stats and powers choices, and @dok created a thread Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting that had some good discussion, but there was no 100% concensus. There wasn't a sculpt in enough quantities to be considered for SoV/C3V before, but here is IMHO the best choice for a figure now:
Quote:
I think we can at least agree that this is a good unit then:
Safari LTD Good Luck Minis Forest Dragons - MSRP $100 for 192 = $.52/each
eBay and Amazon have sellers selling packs of 10 for $6 + shipping.

I like the wording from dok's (more shield than non shield), killercactus's (max one wound), or even Tornado (fixed 4 defense). I say move this discussion to open SoV public discussion with all its bylaws on voting, etc. Playtest at least 2 different versions and see which is best.
Those minis are tiny and have the consistency of Gummy.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 18th, 2016, 10:14 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are smaller than the ants as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 18th, 2016, 09:24 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Aww, too bad. Yeah, we really need another source for minis in large quantity, I looked around and couldn't find any.
Old April 26th, 2016, 01:57 AM

Question 1: Specifically for the Werewolf Lord, once you've "changed" a hero (by doing a wound to said hero), and then take a turn with that "infected" hero, and you move that opponents hero out of a previous engagement with one of your figures...do you roll for disengagement? I can see yes and no. Yes b/c it's still the opponents figure, but no b/c you control the figure only temporarily.

Question 2: on a similar vein... when Warforged soldiers do their Tactical Switch it indicates that "figures moved by tactical switch do not roll for engagement strikes." When it indicates "figures" does that mean both the warforged soldier and opponent are free of engagement strikes, or just the opponents figures in general?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 26th, 2016, 08:45 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoney View Post
Question 1: Specifically for the Werewolf Lord, once you've "changed" a hero (by doing a wound to said hero), and then take a turn with that "infected" hero, and you move that opponents hero out of a previous engagement with one of your figures...do you roll for disengagement? I can see yes and no. Yes b/c it's still the opponents figure, but no b/c you control the figure only temporarily.

Question 2: on a similar vein... when Warforged soldiers do their Tactical Switch it indicates that "figures moved by tactical switch do not roll for engagement strikes." When it indicates "figures" does that mean both the warforged soldier and opponent are free of engagement strikes, or just the opponents figures in general?
q1: I've always treated figures that are under temporary control to be "my army," so I play no disengages from my own figures. I don't know the official ruling, though.

My reasoning behind the way I do it: Since you cannot take even temporary control of opponent's unique figures that are in your army (due to the uniques can't double up in an army rule,) then when you can take control of an opponent's figure, you treat the figure as if it is your own army. You don't roll disengage against your own army.

*So, this also means that your opponent may take swipes at their former "own" figure during your temporary turn with that figure if they wish to try and kill it (maybe in case you are targetting an even more important figure for attack,) but your opponent does NOT HAVE to roll disengage swipes if they do not wish to.

q2: Never thought about it, but I have always taken "figures" as ALL figures; Warforged and their victims. I have never rolled disengage against a Warforged that moves with this power.
Old April 26th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

1. No. It's under your control.

2. Two figures move when Tactical Switch is activated. Nobody rolls leaving engagement strikes against either one as they complete the Switch.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's