Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 11th, 2014, 06:03 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

While I see your point, Ixe, I'm not sure what I think about a power of that scale. In a 1000-point game he could move an awful lot of Goblins.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 11th, 2014, 07:32 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
While I see your point, Ixe, I'm not sure what I think about a power of that scale. In a 1000-point game he could move an awful lot of Goblins.
The power definitely scales as things increase, but so do a lot of things in Heroscape. Traditionally overpriced units like Taelord can also become quite potent in those scenarios, and any global booster like Spartacus or even anyone with a leadership power just becomes that much more effective when it can apply to a larger number of units. It just comes down to over what scales and situations SoV judges are comfortable with certain units operating at it.

Even still, the goblins themselves are probably not looking the best in too high of point games, especially if there is any sort of figure limit that is being imposed by the format. It can become pretty easy to include high point special multi-attackers for battles of that size, making the goblins some fairly easy fodder to gun through and whose low attacks may be insufficient against high defense units, even when mobbing.

I'm not saying that he is not good or definitely not under priced over a variety of formats. I am only saying that I believe it's reasonable to think it might work out okay. To be perfectly clear, I am not trying to step on the toes of the judges or disagree with them, just provide my personal opinion of the unit.
Old September 11th, 2014, 07:56 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I can think of one power that scales the same way as this one does, and even then it only affects its own card so I'm not really sure it counts: the Granite Guardians.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see Mob Swarm as a canonical power. to review.

--
--
--

--
Old September 14th, 2014, 03:57 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Old September 14th, 2014, 09:06 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale on July 1st View Post
Congratulations to fishguy! Jarek Guy has received four Yea votes (Scytale, capsocrates, vegietarian18, and superfrog) and has been inducted into the Soldiers of Valhalla!

The unit will proceed to C3V Editing and Art before final release.
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but is there a known ETA on Jarek Guy being officially released? I was curious if he would be available for the next online tournament (season 16) next month or not. Thanks
Old September 14th, 2014, 12:12 PM

"Which it shall be ready when it's ready."

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; September 14th, 2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Which will probably be in time
Old September 14th, 2014, 01:28 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
"Which it shall be ready when it's ready."
I don't think it would hurt to give people an update as to where the custom is right now in the process. A ballpark timeframe perhaps?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old September 14th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

The combined auto-skull and movement of all Goblin Cutters worries me. But if Urk shows himself balanced in gameplay, I don't have any other issues with the unit.

to review Urk.
Old September 14th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

to Urk. Cheap free movement is really tough to balance and it just feels weird on this card. He doesn't particularly look like a leader to me.
Old September 15th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I am pleased to present the finalized version of Jarek Guy. Sorry it took so long to work through the process.

There is a PDF version available as well.

Last edited by Scytale; September 15th, 2014 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Added link to PDF.
Old September 15th, 2014, 12:22 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Old September 15th, 2014, 12:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

@Kinseth @kevindola there you go! It's not always easy to tell when one of these is going to be done, but at least now you get a definitive answer!
@fishguy1 would you like to make the Book for this unit? As the creator, that's yours if you want it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs