Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 3rd, 2022, 11:51 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: OEAO's Maps: Hive Lord

Really, your first map in 8 years?!

It's a looker! And a winner.
Old November 3rd, 2022, 11:58 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks sick! I'll have to get a game on it soon
Old November 4th, 2022, 12:13 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Really, your first map in 8 years?!

It's a looker! And a winner.
Well, I've certainly been involved in plenty of map thefts tweaks over the past couple of years, but this is my first original design since then!
Old November 4th, 2022, 12:14 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Looks sick! I'll have to get a game on it soon
Thanks! Please post some feedback if you get the chance to play it!
Old December 7th, 2022, 09:25 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Re: OEAO's Maps: Double Double

A few nights ago while tinkering with Hive Lord (I was trying something that didn't work), I discovered a new method to support tiles: stacking castle bases on top of each other (or the "double stack," as I've named it). Higher stacks might work, but I haven't tested them, and the use case for those would be extremely marginal.

The general rule I've found in my (admittedly limited) testing is that you can double stack castle bases so long as (1) you use straights and corners, not ends; (2) the same type of base in the exact same orientation is stacked; (3) the land tile that the bases supports is supported by at least one regular land tile as well; and (4) the supported land tile is connected to something (although this one just increased stability- it may not be necessary in all situations). These haven't been extensively tested outside the use cases in my new map, Double Double.

The overall use case is quite limited in scope (ladders often do a better job supporting, as they do in a few spaces in Double Double), as the more double stacks you use, the less bases you have available for normal support of tiles. Plus, you have to be covering a two-height gap.

Still, I'm happy with the discovery. And it's not often you're able to teach GameBear something.

Double Double
1x BftU, 1x FotA

Special thanks to @GameBear for recreating it in VS, and to @superfrog for the beautiful image and PDF!

Last edited by OEAO; December 7th, 2022 at 09:37 PM. Reason: It was used in 3 places, but now it's only 2... BlameBear
Old December 8th, 2022, 12:58 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Still, I'm happy with the discovery. And it's not often you're able to teach GameBear something.
Old December 9th, 2022, 01:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Got your maps posted for OHS in this folder.
Old December 9th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Got your maps posted for OHS in this folder.
Thank you for doing this!
Old February 24th, 2023, 09:24 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Re: OEAO's Maps: Map Update Series

The first two maps in my Map Update Series:

Fire Isles: OEAO Edition
1x RotV, 1x VW

2/24/23

Healing Waters: OEAO Edition
1x SotM, 1x RttFF

2/24/23

Special thanks to @GameBear for recreating it in VS, and to @Flash_19 for the beautiful image and PDF!
Old February 24th, 2023, 10:04 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Now that’s a Fire Isles map I’d actually be happy/willing to play on. Great improvement imo.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 24th, 2023, 10:21 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Now that’s a Fire Isles map I’d actually be happy/willing to play on. Great improvement imo.
Thanks! I tried to keep the original feel as much as possible while removing the abusable elements (the islands and the molten lava chasm). Oh, and of course, the unintuitive starting zone was a must-change for me.
Old February 24th, 2023, 11:38 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Thanks! I tried to keep the original feel as much as possible while removing the abusable elements (the islands and the molten lava chasm). Oh, and of course, the unintuitive starting zone was a must-change for me.
Yep, solid revamp

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios