Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old March 27th, 2014, 02:04 PM

Ahab is surprisingly tart
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Hello all! First post Made an account for a few reasons. First one is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
I believe it must be at least 6 tall. You take the size of the figure and subtract one from it, and if it is equal to or greater than the height of the climb (5 levels in your example), it can normally move up the hill if it has enough movement.
Can anyone tell me when this changed? My bestfriend and I always play the first edition rules I guess. We have tons of units/tiles between us, but that's the only rulebook I have. He's visiting me this weekend, and we have a big game scheduled, so I'll have to tell him about it.

The other reason I joined is the Online HS I noticed on here. We have dreamed of that for years but I didn't think anyone would be able to make one due to copyright or something. Glad to be here. You'll see me around
Old March 27th, 2014, 02:16 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Quote:
I believe it must be at least 6 tall. You take the size of the figure and subtract one from it, and if it is equal to or greater than the height of the climb (5 levels in your example), it can normally move up the hill if it has enough movement.
Can anyone tell me when this changed? My bestfriend and I always play the first edition rules I guess. We have tons of units/tiles between us, but that's the only rulebook I have. He's visiting me this weekend, and we have a big game scheduled, so I'll have to tell him about it.
I saw someone discussing this not too long ago. I think it happened in the SotM rulebook or in the 2nd Edition of RotV.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 27th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Welcome, Ahab! That's a good question (I think Cap is right), and I am pleased you quit lurking. It's good to see a new person who uses punctuation and grammar.

And paragraphs.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 27th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Welcome, Ahab! That's a good question (I think Cap is right), and I am pleased you quit lurking. It's good to see a new person who uses punctuation and grammar.

And paragraphs.
What he said.

As for online heroscape, you can check out the how-to-play here (although it's significantly less complicated than that thread makes it sound), jump in and look for a game with someone to show you how it works here, and/or read an article comparing it to tabletop play in the second Heroscape Codex Revival issue, here.

Old March 27th, 2014, 02:47 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site, Ahab!

Capsocrates is correct, the rules change happened in the 2nd edition Rise of the Valkyrie rules, which came out before the Swarm of the Marro rules.
Old March 27th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt.heroscape View Post
thank you everyone i even looked on the heroscape wiki and could not find the answer ps. i did not know because i dont have sotm but i was gonna get it soon
You can download PDFs of all the rule books in the rules section of the forum. It's in a thread at the top of the page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Quote:
What Hogg said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
You can download PDFs of all the rule books in the rules section of the forum. It's in a thread at the top of the page.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 30th, 2014, 02:12 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Did we just revert to a backup of the site? Some posts I saw this morning are gone now.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old March 30th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Only an admin could actually answer this question ;P

Its another Heroscapers Time Warp. >.>

I believe it was a front page blog post from truth, if you feel like diggin'. It could also be something I read in 'Scapers Online.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 30th, 2014, 05:29 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Hello, I had a question.

When moving down a ladder with a figure can you jump the last few rungs even if it means risking falling damage?
Old March 30th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Hello, I had a question.

When moving down a ladder with a figure can you jump the last few rungs even if it means risking falling damage?
yes.
Old March 30th, 2014, 06:02 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

That also means that one could climb down to a rung that is lower to the ground than their height number and safely drop without any falling damage risk at all, right?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; March 30th, 2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Phone posting ftw!
Old March 30th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
That also means that one could climb down to a rung that is lower to the ground t than their height number and safely drop without any faking damage risk at all, right?
One never fakes damage risk.

And yes no to the question that you meant to type.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; March 30th, 2014 at 10:11 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's