Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 24th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The B.I.V.'s Heroic Creations! The Urban Rivals Project!

10/30/12 Added The Urban Rivals Project!, page 8.
12/8/10 Added Hand Ninja, Night Beat Cop and K9 Attack Dog, page 8.
4/6/10 Added Ultron.
3/25/10 Added Bad Leroy Brown and Jim, Agent of Hydra.
2/24/10 Added Wasp.

What's a fella to do when he has two Teen Titan figures lying around but isn't even remotely a fan? Make 'em into X-men, of course (which isn't much of a stretch since the TT's are cheap X-men knockoffs in the first place)!

This is Beast Boy repainted as Nightcrawler. I added Kumiko's braid (from my Shadowcat mod, below) for the tail and used some gap filling glue and an X-acto knife to make his 4 fingers into two and reposition the thumb! I simply painted toes over beast-boys boots and it looks pretty good.

I adapted BAMF! Teleport from Sherman Davies and added my own BAMF! Special attack. I'm quite pleased with the end result!

For Jean, I started with a Blackfire figure, removed the cape and a fairly simple paint job took care of the rest. In hindsight I could have shaved off the part of her boots that stick out, but I wasn't really concerned about being all that anal about it...

I'm still not completely satisfied with her powers. There's so much you can do with Jean, that it's hard to whittle down all of the possibilities. I finally settled on these. Levitate is my creation. I adapted Psychokinetic Shield from Balantai's card (almost went with Grey Owl's but Bal's is just cleaner) and Team Mental Link is from Allskulls. I also debated about whether to name her Jean Grey or not but finally stayed with Marvel Girl for consistency's sake...

Somebody stop me! Shadowcat, by way of Kumiko (and Jordahn and Sonlen)! I removed the head and replaced it with Jordawn's and removed the Kama (which, incidentally, I added to my other Kumiko fig). I then added the dragon from a spare Sonlen, added a little paint, and walla! A very respectable Shadowcat (if I do say so myself).

Phasing was probably originally Firemaster's and has been used by everyone else on their cards. I tweaked it slightly. I figured she should be able to phase through any wall regardless of the thickness as long as she can end her movement on a blank space. I adapted Mechanical Disruption from GreyOwl and limited her movement a little so it wouldn't be overpowered. Lockheed Swoop is from Sonlen (obviously) and is also featured on Necroblade's card but I dropped it to a 14 or higher to differentiate it a little (and because she's super and all). Phase Stun is all mine, baby!

12/4/09 Two more DC clix customs: Joker and Scarecrow!

11/27/09 DC Clix customs added: Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Darkseid!

My greatest creation to date! Wolverine (aka Cyprien Eisenwein)! I removed the cape (obviously), shaved off various bits of armor and his loincloth. Cut off pieces of the cape to make the other flaps on the boots. Removed the swords and used peices that I had left over from my Enslaved Gladiators to make the claws. You could cut claws out of the cape though if you don't have other options (toothpicks might work, too). And walla! Everyone's favorite mutant killing machine!

Berserk is a variation of Kumiko's Ninjutsu Assault and Healing Factor was adapted from Greyowl. Counterstrike rounds out his abilities nicely. Just try and get him off that glyph!!

I modded Cyprien's wife, Sonya, into a killer Mystique (although this fig would also make a great Domino)! Like Cyprien, I had to shave off a lot of armor and the cape, although the loincloth (with a little modding) made a perfect dress (if I do say so myself). The two skulls on her hips are Cyprien's knee-pads. Then I removed the sword and replaced it with a spare Nakita gun (from my Nakita mods below).

The powers are all mine, and are a little clunky but capture her abilities quite well! Assassinate is obviously derived from Atlaga's Bolt of the Witherwood.

Okay, so Isamu makes a better Deadpool than a Daredevil, but it's not too bad. The horns are Cyprien's elbow spikes (from my Wolverine mod, above) and if I had it to do over again, I'd probably use something a little less clunky (maybe toothpicks). I removed Isamu's sword and dagger and replaced them with billy clubs that I cut from the spear of a spare Tarn Viking Warrior.

I kind of see DD as a cross between Spiderman and Capt. America and so his powers reflect that. I cobbled together radar sense from several other similar powers. Grapple line was originally a derivitive of Spiderman's swingline but ended up being more Drake Alexander.

Isamu mod/repaint. The Isamu fig just screams to be redone as Deadpool! I cut off the knife handle, added the gun from a Nakita (left over from the below conversions) and modified the blade into an extended clip. Added the sword from another Isamu (that I modified into Daredevil (above)) to the back.

I kept Greyowl's incredibly creative Weapon X Healing Factor and used Tul Bak Ra's Teleportation (for continuity's sake). Bullets and Blades is my own creation and perfectly rounds out his trio of abilities, making him deadlier the closer he gets!

Nakita mod/repaint. Added a piece of Sonya Esenweins cape (from my Mystique mod (above)) and repainted everything else.

I decided to represent her lightning attack in her stats, thus saving room for other powers. I really wanted her to have Carry and ended up cutting a leadership ability (ala Captain America) to fit it on. With that and Fog (a stronger version of the Nakita's Smoke Powder) she's a great leader-type that helps her teammates out a lot!

Second Nakita mod/repaint. I modified existing Absorb powers and came up with one that I feel really represents it well. There's always that small chance that she'll end up permanently absorbing someone's powers (thus making it slightly risky to use it on friendly figures). If she does, she's momentarily incapacitated while she works to suppress and integrate the absorbed psyche into her own!

The third Nakita modded and repainted. Added the sword from SOTM Drake Alexander and painted it with a pinky pearl-type paint. This is the perfect blade for this petite figure. Other fatter/bulkier blades can be used but will look a little odd. Like Storm, above, I represented her Telekinetic Katana in her stats rather than making it one of her powers. Mind Blast is from Tul Bak Ra and Mental Fortitude is mine. I think she's perfectly priced (compare to Spider-man and TBR).

My first custom based on a clix fig. This is a Repto-Sapien from the Horrorclix line (thanks, Garada). Repainted the skin green and the pants purple. Walla, the Lizard! The 3 range reflects his tail attack. Eight move might seem a little excessive but I really wanted him to have Climb. With a move glyph he can scale a 10-level high cliff! I modified hi1hi1hi1hi1's Reptilian Control by taking out the "you control" part, enabling you take a turn with any reptile squad (not just your own) and giving it a range (aura) of 4 hexes.

Note: these stats are based on my particular Godzilla fig:

An actual true to scale Godzilla would probably have much higher stats...

A little DC love for my buddy, Garada. Shaved Abomination's ears off (he's made of blue plastic, by the way) and added a bit of Grimnak's tail. Walla! If I'd had an extra Hulk, I probably would have swapped legs and painted the pants blue. But pants or not, it works...Regenerate is a combination of Grey Owl's and Sherman Davies' abilities.

A simple female Krav mod/repaint. Shaved off the sunglasses and painted the face. This is the third (and final revision to her card (changed Even the Odds to be a d20 resistance power).

Started with Agent Carr (obviously), traded heads with the black Krav, swapped swords with an Izumi and painted the coat black. I used allskulls wording for the "Daywalker" ability. I know, we needed another Blade like we needed a hole in the head. What can I say? It was just something I had to do.

A simple Hulk repaint. I kept Super Leap from Grey Owl's card but I wanted a different dynamic for his gamma radiation/heat ability. The end result more closely parallel's the Hulk's power of wounded smash but adds a little twist. While Heat of Battle can be a pretty powerful ability, I think it balances out by reducing his attack. Also, it only takes effect at the end of the round (just like lava) rather than the end of the turn. NM24'd 11/09!

A Venom conversion/repaint. I cut out the tongue and glued it to his shoulder. I used a mimring tongue sliced into 4 peices for the other strands. If I were to do it again, I might slice the mimring tongue into eight smaller pieces, instead.
I kept Vampiric Symbiote and Swing Line from Grey Owl's card, and added two powers of my own. Upped his attack. The end result is a much more "stable/reliable" card. The paint is just regular blood red from the Warhammer line. I was afraid it wouldn't be dark enough so I painted it on a little thin to let some of the black show through. Then I gave it a black wash to boot!

A simple Captain America repaint.

An Iron man conversion/repaint. Added Deathwalker 9000's missle launcher and a Zettian Guard's gun to the shoulders.

This is what I think the original Iron Man should have been (minus the Explosion attack). I was going to add this ability but it wouldn't fit on the card and would probably be overkill:

Field Modifications

At the beginning of the battle, War Machine may replace his normal attack with any 1 of the following for the entire battle:
  • Flame Thrower: Range: 6, Attack 5 vs. units with Snow Strength, Glacier Traverse, or Ice Shard, 3 dice to all others.
  • Liquid Nitrogen Blaster: Range:6, Attack 5 vs. units with Lava or Fire Resistance, 3 dice to all others.
  • Silver Bullet: Range: 6, 5 vs. undead and wolves, 3 dice to all others.
Special thanks to Silver Surfer for his suggestion on Carnage and, of course, to Grey Owl for his amazing templates!

Hey, pretty-boys! After acquiring 2 new Marvel Sets this past Christmas, I'm venturing into the world of Marvel Customs. My question is:

If a figure can see from all parts of its body and its entire body is also a hit zone, how would you represent that on the silhouette? I'm thinking of making it red with a green outline. Any other suggestions?

Specifically, I'm working on a Carnage custom and his Marvel profile indicates that he can receive sensory info from any part of the symbiote. Mine will be a combination of the two on file. I like Grey Owl's for it's swingline and the other (forget the creator's name, sorry) for it's ranged attack. And Grey Owl, your templates are fan-friggin'-tastic! Pos rep comin' as soon as I've used those bad boys!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; October 31st, 2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Added Urban Rivals character cards!
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:54 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Re: Custom Sight/Target Silhouette question

Perhaps you should do a normal red silhouette, and then simply have an abiltiy with something to the effect of "Carnage may use any part of his figure to determine line of sight." Simple enough, right?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Perhaps you should do a normal red silhouette, and then simply have an abiltiy with something to the effect of "Carnage may use any part of his figure to determine line of sight." Simple enough, right?
Very elegant solution!
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not bad, SS. 'Course, if I run out of space on the abilities part of the card, that might not work...

Brandon

Old February 24th, 2009, 06:20 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Not bad, SS. 'Course, if I run out of space on the abilities part of the card, that might not work...

Brandon
Fine. Put "Carnage may use any part of his figure to determine line of sight" on the card instead. Smaller text is a wonderful thing.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:03 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice. Looking forward to more creators. Looks like everything's back up and running.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 01:16 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Re: The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations!

BIZZUMP!

Changed this to my customs thread. Check 'em out!

Brandon

Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome customs! I love 'em! Regarding your question about LOS for Carnage, what you suggested sounded like a good idea. I've got a question for the Agent. If he gets an 18 or higher, does he get an extra attack for the duration of the turn, round, or until the figure dies?
Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Good point. I meant it just to be against that figure until it dies or breaks engagement. Rewording to come....

EDIT: Fixed. Thanks, pal!

Brandon

Last edited by The B.I.V.; March 23rd, 2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 05:41 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's better! I'm betting you'd usually want to take him out with range.
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Yeah, although you might wanna try locking him down with squads (hoping to trigger Battle Rage so that he can't move).

Brandon

Last edited by The B.I.V.; April 1st, 2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old March 24th, 2009, 01:49 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dude, your new Marvel customs are sweet! Great idea for anyone who has more than 1 Marvel set... hmmmm....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations