Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 12th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Tbh, Heroscape's logic falls apart when you start comparing different units' weapons technology and realise that there's no way those Romans are going to be achieving anything against Soulborgs, it's just the kind of thing you have to run with.
I like Aldin(?)'s take on it.

The various stats measure how powerful they were against the enemies they faced in their life. The magic of Valhalla translates that prowess into their stats and powers, but keeps the weapons and armour (or lack of them) that they are used to.
Old October 12th, 2018, 09:17 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

If you look for inconsistencies too often, you will find this game falls apart.

Why can Kaemon shoot twice with a Bow & Arrow, but the Krav can only shoot once each when they have Pistols with Clips that hold more than 1 bullet.

Why does Q10's Rockets only travel 4 spaces? Pistols can shoot a Range of 7!

It is best just to remember it is a game sometimes, and we shouldn't worry too hard. Sometimes it is fine to question stats, other times you just have to chalk it up to it being a fantasy game.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 12th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Why can Kaemon shoot twice with a Bow & Arrow, but the Krav can only shoot once each when they have Pistols with Clips that hold more than 1 bullet.

Why does Q10's Rockets only travel 4 spaces? Pistols can shoot a Range of 7!
These are exactly the sort of "inconsistencies" that Aldin's approach immediately nullifies.

Kaemon could shoot much faster than the people he was fighting in real life and so that gets transferred to Valhalla. The Krav didn't shoot especially quickly, but could dodge stuff better than their contemporaries.

Q10's rockets were much shorter range than the usual weaponry on Alpha Prime, so they get a shorter range on Valhalla. His regular gun's range was long, even by intra-robot warfare standards, and so has a long range of 8 on Valhalla.

Easy.
Old October 12th, 2018, 09:45 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I am not actually asking the questions, they were just examples of inconsistencies...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 12th, 2018, 10:08 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

So... an attack of 4 is still unreasonable for a hero?

I don’t see why it’s a problem for it to be any amount between 2-4.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 12th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I am not actually asking the questions, they were just examples of inconsistencies...
But the whole point is that with Aldin's way of thinking they are not inconsistencies.

Sorry for taking us off-topic, but I think it's at least vaguely relevant, and maybe gives you, flameslayer, a way to think about whether a 4 attack is appropriate.
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:34 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
So... an attack of 4 is still unreasonable for a hero?

I don’t see why it’s a problem for it to be any amount between 2-4.
By the logic that @ollie is talking about, if the guy was better at killing people with his pistol than most other people in his reality, then 4 attack should translate just fine. Or at least that's how I'm understanding it.
Old October 12th, 2018, 06:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

And by that logic, what about this figure implies he's better with his pistol than Skahen, the Krav, the Nakitas, etc.? I don't see it, and that makes it an unnecessary stat increase in my opinion. I'd rather see an attack of 3, or 2, and a lower point cost.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 12th, 2018, 06:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
And by that logic, what about this figure implies he's better with his pistol than Skahen, the Krav, the Nakitas, etc.? I don't see it, and that makes it an unnecessary stat increase in my opinion. I'd rather see an attack of 3, or 2, and a lower point cost.
Soontir Van looks much more high-tech than those Earthlings. His Exosuit suggests as much. The miniature doesn't demand 4 attack, sure, but it's within the realm of possibility. And if it's supported by the design, then it's worth being on the card. I doubt Soontir would be nearly as fun or interesting at 3 attack.

But we'll see how UF voting turns out, and SoV voting, if it gets that far. I'm glad we have votes to work through our disagreements.

Last edited by superfrog; October 12th, 2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: the whole 4 cents thing came off as snarky. That wasn't the intention.
Old October 12th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Skahen is a poor comparison - at a double attack of three, she's arguably better with it, even if he's more precise. The Krav and the Nakitas aren't heroes - they're squaddies, if admittedly elite ones.

There's nothing about the sculpt that says anything about his skill level either way, and if 4 attack makes him play better (which having a reason to not be disappointed by and Order Marker on him would do - the Mariedians wouldn't mind a slightly heftier, single ranged attack) that's something the bio can cover.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 12th, 2018, 08:12 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

He's a really good marksman with a pistol, and that's reflected in stats rather than by a power. Next.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 12th, 2018, 09:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
He's a really good marksman with a pistol, and that's reflected in stats rather than by a power. Next.
and the bullets he uses are ones that he custom loaded himself to be of a higher amount of powder and the bullets have armor penetrating exploding tips. All jokes aside. I agee with Necroblade on this.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs