Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 2nd, 2017, 11:54 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah monthly

UTAH MONTHLY May 2017

When: May 27th, 11 AM

Cost: $5 (100% of entries will go to prize support! And donating prizes is always quite welcome as well, of course.)

Format: WANDERING MONSTERS
Each map will have at least one neutral unit ("the wandering monster") located somewhere on the terrain. After round one, both players may place Order Markers on a Wandering Monster's Army Card. When an Order Marker is revealed for a Wandering Monster, that player controls that figure for the duration of its turn. After that turn, the figure becomes Neutral and is not controlled by either player. While the figure is Neutral, all players treat it as an opponent's figure. A Neutral figure cannot attempt to pick up or activate any Treasure Glyphs, but like all figures, it can stand on a Treasure Glyph. And remember, if time is called, and you need to determine points killed, monsters add to that total!

- 500 point armies
- 24 figure limit (we don't discriminate against Dumutef Guards)
- At least one 50+ point unique Hero required
- SoV & C3V allowed, official Marvel allowed.
- Glyphs: Initiative+8, Defense +1, D20 +1, Move +2, Common +1, Unique +1 (we'll be extra careful about stray Glyph's of Astrid floating around this time)
- Four 50 minute rounds
- Keep track of how many wandering monsters you kill, as The Monster Slayer will get a cool prize

Maps:

1. Highways And Dieways by @UranusPChicago

Monster: Dumutef Guard x2 (Placed on the two inner roadways next to the 4-hex trees)

2. Dance of the Dryads by @Typhon2222

Monster: Kelda (Placed on centermost hex)

3. Overgrown Ruins by @Sir Heroscape

Monster: Sahuagin Raider x4 (2 placed on outer water hexes by Jungle Bushes, 2 on the other two water hexes by the Jungle Bushes)

4. Shards by @Dignan

Monster: Ashi-Dhulu (Placed on Level 3 2-Hex Dungeon Tile - inside of the map)

5. Home of the Drudge by @Sir Heroscape

Monster: Wo-Sa-Ga (Placed on the 2 centermost hexes)

6. Lave Crag by @Sir Heroscape

Monster: Obsidian Guards x1 (1 placed in the center Molten Lava Hex, 2 placed on the two highest 7-hex Lava Fields, behind the ruins)

7. Ice Thistle by @Typhon2222

Monster: Dzu-Teh x1 (1 placed on center Ice Hex, 2 placed on raised Single Hex Snow Tiles to the sides)

8. Swamp Helix by @dok

Monster: Marro Drudge x1 (each placed adjacent to one of the three glyphs)

Standings:
1st, 4-0 @The Dewk , x2 Marrden Hounds, Airborne Elite, Cyprien&Sonya, Isamu
2nd, 3-1 @Scaperedude , x3 Minions of Utgar, Kaemon Awa, Marro Warriors
3rd, 3-1 @BiggaBullfrog , Iron Man, x3(4?) Goblin Cutters, Kursus
4th, 2-2 Cannon, x2 Deathstalkers, Krug, Q9
5th, 1-3 Ben, x2 Minions, x1 Greenscales, Nilfheim, Marro Warriors
6th, 1-3 @Saints_Wrath , x2 Minions, x1 Sentinels, Raelin, Atlaga
7th, 1-3 @Leaf_It , x2 Warforged, x4 NC Sharpshooters, Laglor
8th, 1-3 True, x2 Nagrubs, Wo-Sa-Ga, x3 Stingers, Asterios

PLEASE POST IF YOU’LL BE IN ATTENDANCE. It helps the logistics of a lot of things.

Last edited by The Dewk; May 29th, 2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 06:40 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll be there. Maybe I'll be there with other people too, but I can't say for sure.
Old May 4th, 2017, 03:58 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Would love to offer up some of my maps for consideration for this next tournament. I just updated my map thread...so all my work is there, and I think there are a few gems among the rough cut stone.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 4th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I will for sure be going through your maps @Sir Heroscape ! If you have any specific maps you would like considered then you can shoot me a PM with them. In fact, if anyone has maps they would like to play or suggest shoot me a PM with them. We like to announce maps a couple weeks in advance so within the next week and a half would be prime because that's when I will be thinking of maps and playing on new ones. That's not an absolute guarantee we'll use it as I do have a couple maps in mind as well, but I can at least consider it and put it on the list for future events.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 4th, 2017, 07:47 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

I'll be there, and I'll try to bring 3-4 others with me!! Let me know what maps I can build and bring!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old May 7th, 2017, 03:04 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, it's been about a week, which seems to be about the time I tend to finish up my battle report, so here we go.

Bigga’s Battle Report

I’ll keep the origin story quick this time. First off, True couldn’t make it, but if he had, he was going to run:

Braxas 210
Nilfheim 185
Greenscale Warriors x2 120
Red Wyrmling x1 30
Theme: Rainbow

The close second for both of us was:

Marro Hive 160
Marro Drones x4 200
Marro Stingers x3 180
Theme: Marro

And one more I was thinking of:

Ornak 100
Nerak 50
Heavy Gruts x2 140
Fen Hydra x2 240
Theme: Mow Crew

We also had fun thinking of other themes that could be fun, including Beards, Superheroes, and Things that can Fly without Wings.

But ultimately I decided it was time for me to run an army I’ve wanted to do for a long time. Time to embrace my inner Japanese self and become:

ShogunBullfrog!!
将軍ブルフロッグ!!

ShogunBullfrog’s Army
Kato Katsuro 200
Kozuke Samurai 100
Ashigaru Harquebus x2 120
Ashigaru Yari x3 120
Isamu 10
550 Points/25 Spaces (Drop Isamu)
Theme: Japan

Domo konnichiwa, honorable ‘Scapers. My thanks to you for joining me, ShogunBullfrog, on my journey through this April tournament. Although my Ashigaru soldiers are weak individually, they have coordination and board presence unmatched by most armies. Even the Kozuke Samurai are often overlooked for their weakness in comparison to other samurai, such as the honorable Kaemon Awa, but in the past they have served me well so I have allowed them to join me on this crusade. Together, we may not be the strongest band, or the highest ranked to win, but we shall fight with honor.

What’s that? We have 10 points remaining? Well then, why don’t we let the honorably dishonorable Isamu join our ranks. What what? We have too many people? Well then, let’s drop the ninja. Hey, Isamu-san, why don’t you make yourself useful and scout the enemy?

Saa, ret’s see how this goes!

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

My great thanks to all who participated in this great event! I had a great time, and hope to meet you all again on the field of battle. Ah, yes, it seems I have begun a family war with Sir Heroscape. But Scaperedude says he and his brother shall join with me, so I have no need to fear! Although, maybe I should also just hide ShogunBullfrog away for a little while.

Also, just a fun thing to share that I did with some of my spare time yesterday:
ゲーム 4
Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 7th, 2017, 08:00 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Oh @BiggaBullfrog haha you write the best battle reports ;-P...you did indeed start a family feud, and we will be coming for blood!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 8th, 2017, 10:27 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I take it that @BiggaBullfrog took home the 1st prize with Kato no less. Well done sir. I like using him just to swarm the board with peasant fighters. But never had the coconuts to run him in a tournament. Sounds fun. I'm going to try to make the time to come down to one of you guys monthlies, they look great.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 8th, 2017, 12:59 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Poking my head in here just so say I browsed your last couple tournaments and results and I like your monthly tournaments. Hope to maybe see some of you soon at Origins or Gencon (or if I ever vacation again in Utah), but if not, nice to see you are still going on as you all, Louisville, and NE Ohio are the only ones doing monthly events right now (luckily I am in driving distance of the other two monthly events).
Old May 8th, 2017, 10:28 PM

@TREX you're right, Kato carried me to 1st. I honestly wasn't expecting it, but it turns out that the Japanese army is good when the meta is lacking in a lot of the figures that are best against it (Rat-podges, Raelin-podges, really strong range - The Dewk's 2 squads of Rats were the closest I came to fighting one of those). I also got pretty lucky with the maps I played on. I totally recommend Kato for games, but be prepared: your neck will hurt with all the line of sight checking! Hope you can make it down to game with us soon!

@lefton4ya I saw your thread for Origins and I really wish I lived in that half of the country for it! However I do know that Sir Heroscape is planning on making it to GenCon this year so you'll probably see him and a couple others there! And if you ever are in Utah we'd love to have you come game with us!

10 Points Under Videos

Old May 8th, 2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Poking my head in here just so say I browsed your last couple tournaments and results and I like your monthly tournaments. Hope to maybe see some of you soon at Origins or Gencon (or if I ever vacation again in Utah), but if not, nice to see you are still going on as you all, Louisville, and NE Ohio are the only ones doing monthly events right now (luckily I am in driving distance of the other two monthly events).
Yep. I'll be at GenCon this year with @Tiranx

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 8th, 2017, 11:58 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

@BiggaBullfrog Bravo! What an entertaining read that was, congrats on first place.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events