Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 19th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's SUPERSCAPE REINFORCEMENT PACKS - Azrael/Robi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
& if you aren't opposed to streamlining it my new proposal
Quote:
Instead of his normal move, Nightwing may Bat-Grapple. Bat-Grapple has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Bat-Grapple, ignore elevations. Nightwing may grapple over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins. Nightwing may not grapple more than 30 levels up or down in a single grapple. If Nightwing is engaged when he starts his Bat-Grapple move, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
I could have changed the "of his" to just "a" for a slight bit more space saving but it really does sound better with "of his".

Cheers
I'm in total agreement here. You alluded to it earlier that the official cards are inconsistent. I now think that it makes more sense to tweak it in the most efficient and smooth manner which I believe you did. And can also agree now with the choice of "Bat-Grapple 3" as the name. although I think Bat-line sounds more smooth, it certainly didn't work as a verb whereas "grapple" works well (and is already an official used verb.

Therefore, if your going to update Nightwing with that wording, I ask that you go the same on my Batman and my new Robin (which by the way I figure will have a problem with artwork being how it is the same piece as the C3G. We can wait until I get him and photo him myself or maybe there is an acceptable C3G discard photo that can be used ).

I'll update the Robin wording in his post, and I'll also ask you to be so kind and update Batman with another slight change. Since my Robin doesn't have the form of Batarang special attack that I originally planned for him, and your Nightwing doesn't have one either, I don't think I really need the distinction of "Explosive" on Batman's EXPLOSIVE BATARANG SPECIAL ATTACK. I'd like to go simply with BATARANG SPECIAL ATTACK. I don't plan on doing a Batgirl custom but I do see that you have one with a Batarang S.A. that is different. I don't know what type of stickler you are for consistency so if you plan on using your Batgirl and my Batman together, feel free to turn me down. but if your Batman of choice happens to be the C3G version, then maybe you won't mind cutting down the wording on mine for me.

Spoiler Alert!

BATARANG SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
When Batman attacks with his Batarang Special Attack, he may attack 2 additional times. Any time Batman inflicts at least 1 wound on an opponent's figure with Batarang Special Attack, he may immediately move using his Bat-Grapple 3 special power. If Batman moves after any attack, he cannot attack again his turn.

STEALTH DEFENSE 13

When Batman receives 1 or more wounds, before placing any wound markers on this card, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, ignore any wounds.

BAT-GRAPPLE 3
Instead of his normal move, Batman may Bat-Grapple. Bat-Grapple has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Bat-Grapple, ignore elevations. Batman may grapple over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins. Batman may not grapple more than 30 levels up or down in a single grapple. If Batman is engaged when he starts his Bat-Grapple move, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 20th, 2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:54 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's SUPERSCAPE REINFORCEMENT PACKS - Azrael/Robi

Now that my (red) Robin piece is in hand, and already removed from his chimney, hopefully I'll get a chance to photograph him this weekend... along with Batman maybe,,, and definitely the Skrulls.

So here's the next design that will bump the Marvels from my Brave and the Bold pack (they'll be moving to another pack with a few other new designs).
--------------------------------------------
HAWKGIRL

THANAGARIAN
UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
DETERMINED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

SOARING CHARGE
If Hawkgirl uses her Flying special power this turn, before rolling attack dice, count the minimum number of spaces that were between Hawkgirl and the defending figure at the start of Hawkgirl’s turn, and add this number to Hawgirl’s attack dice. If the defending figure does not have the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, Soaring Charge adds a maximum of 2 extra attack dice.

ANTI-GRAVITY DISENGAGEMENT
Hawkgirl never takes leaving engagement attacks from figures that do not have the Flying or Stealth Flying special power.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Hawkgirl’s movement, ignore elevations. Hawkgirl may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Hawkgirl starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH
--------------------------------------
First off, in creating the "lunchbox" version of this character, I can't help but lean toward the cartoon version from JL and JLU. Unfortunately, that was her most memorable appearance in any medium.

What I did was alter the "charge" aspect of Juggernaut's power. So here's my thinking, she loves to soar head on into battle with a big wind up swing of that mace. She is also confident enough to take that approach with other fliers. thematically, she would almost rather take the battle to another flier than to swoop on a ground based melee figure. Therefore, she is more powerful in attacking a flier. For further theminess, think of it as she soaring full steam right into a flier and may even knock them off their "balance". But when attacking a ground figure, her move is more of a glancing swoop instead of a plow into them like a falling meteor.

On the mechanical/playability side, I wanted to make her be able to bounce each turn from ground folks (hence the disengage ability) taking swooping attacks maybe. But when it comes to battling fliers, she should get her real big blow in once, but then be tied up in the engagement. Makes a player decide on strategy and how to use Hawkgirl as the game progresses. I hope I captured that.

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 22nd, 2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:15 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Matt Helm's REINFORCEMENT PACKS - Hawkgirl/Robin

I think you did a good job capturing Hawkgirl's usual combat style, and I like the player choice inherent in her design.

I dunno about Nth Metal Disengagement as a name for that power though. As far as I remember, Nth Metal was all about being anti-magic - it didn't make her any faster or harder to catch.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:54 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I like Hawkgirl's write-up Matt but have to agree with SD here. Now if she was hitting them as she disengaged then maybe I could go along with the name .

BTW the "and" in Soaring Charge isn't required in HS write ups. Just the comma, then the required action. I know for proper grammatics (copyright that word) it should be there but it reads smoother without it .

Cheers

PS don't worry about the Robin photo we can use the one on the C3G card .
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:13 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

You know I do like the sound of Bat-Line over Bat-Grapple except for the one place where it would be "...Bat-line over water..." & I think it's because of what you said it's not a verb. Swing Line got around it by just saying "...swing over water..." which we technically could say also but it's not completely obvious that what happens with a Bat-line if you didn't know what it was.

~A3n, who just talked himself into liking Bat-Grapple again

Cheers
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:21 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I don't get the theme of HG hitting people in the air harder and better than ones on the ground. It seems to me that people on the ground (can't fly) would be easier targets for her, while the fliers would be able to maneuver some and avoid her attacks a bit better.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I think you did a good job capturing Hawkgirl's usual combat style, and I like the player choice inherent in her design.

I dunno about Nth Metal Disengagement as a name for that power though. As far as I remember, Nth Metal was all about being anti-magic - it didn't make her any faster or harder to catch.
I guess I was going with a merger of versions as the magic aspect is from the cartoon while in the comics it is the source of her ability to fly....

"(Nth metal) is native to Thanagar, the home planet of Katar Hol and Shayera Thal. Among the unusual properties of Nth metal is the ability to negate gravity, allowing a person wearing an object, such as a belt, made of Nth Metal to fly. In addition, Nth metal also protects the wearer from the elements and speeds the healing of wounds, increases their strength, and protects them from extremes in temperature."

We can change it though to:
Disengaging Lift Off
... Or something like that.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the write-ups with your figures and it makes it harder to debate against them

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:12 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I guess I was going with a merger of versions as the magic aspect is from the cartoon while in the comics it is the source of her ability to fly....

"(Nth metal) is native to Thanagar, the home planet of Katar Hol and Shayera Thal. Among the unusual properties of Nth metal is the ability to negate gravity, allowing a person wearing an object, such as a belt, made of Nth Metal to fly. In addition, Nth metal also protects the wearer from the elements and speeds the healing of wounds, increases their strength, and protects them from extremes in temperature."
I forgot all about that...

I still think a clearer name could be used though. Air Superiority, maybe?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, I see you used Griffin's repaint picture for your Joker card! C3G quality is definitely having a trickle down effect.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Do I get royalties for that? And what about Hahma? Poor Hahma. Does he know that Matt is making millions off of his mad picture taking skills? I hope you have written agreement contract Matt.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:15 PM

Poor Hahma, but it maximises coverage of his talents .

Batman is update & Nightwing will be by the time you read this, so now here's Robin:

Cheers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations