Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 11th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cf's Fiction Workshop- Lone Wolf <Steam link!>

*Newest* Lone Wolf! (Joe Dever)

Kai Acolyte

Kai Adept

Tabletop Simulator Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1330426593

Original post:
Spoiler Alert!

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; March 13th, 2018 at 11:14 PM.
Old December 11th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Confred's Classic Customs - Jack Bauer

I'm not sure how C3V does it but C3G limits our Human life range to 4. Beyond 4 life there has to be a justifiable explanation for such a large life pool.

The defense is also way low. 0 defense would constitute a helpless immobile person, 1 would be an older child or female adult. 2 defense represents an able bodied adult male. If you think he is only as defensive as the average adult male, that is understandable, but I remember him taking a beating and still fighting on. I'd value him a 3 defense here.

I would also drop the range to 4 or 5. I feel like 6 is just a tad to high for a pistol attack.

Detain: How would the detained figure that is on Jacks card be destroyed? And if he was destroyed why would you place him next to Jack?

Negotiate: People who play against this design will no want to play against it again if you use blanket wins for things like this. Modifiers is the way to go. Give him a +4 bonus to initiative or even +6 if you feel inclined. But other players will not be happy if they roll a 20 and you somehow win initiative with an 11.

Hostage shield is much to powerful. This ability could be used to drop very expensive hero units very easily. Abilities that prevent the rolling of defense dice should be limited to a maximum of 2 or 3 attack dice. This ability does not specify any limit at all. Making for potential situations where you attack your own Jack figure after positioning him near a very hard to hit (avoidance or defense) figure and then Hostage Shield the wounds to them. Much to powerful.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 11th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great feedback chief.
Quote:
I'm not sure how C3V does it but C3G limits our Human life range to 4. Beyond 4 life there has to be a justifiable explanation for such a large life pool.
I've never agreed with C3G Life calculations, (argued for The Riddler to have LIFE 3, for example)

Jack's LIFE is high because there are comparable HS figures with LIFE that high, such as Tandros Kreel and Alastair MacDirk.
His LIFE is that high because LIFE represents staying power. Jack operates with minimal sleep, with gun wounds, and after being extensively tortured
Quote:
The defense is also way low. 0 defense would constitute a helpless immobile person, 1 would be an older child or female adult. 2 defense represents an able bodied adult male. If you think he is only as defensive as the average adult male, that is understandable, but I remember him taking a beating and still fighting on. I'd value him a 3 defense here.
Again, your C3G guidelines are affecting your margins, they aren't absolute rules. The figures summoned to Valhalla are the best of the best. Jack Bauer by those standards would be in the 2-3 range. I originally had him at LIFE 5 & DEFENSE 3, but it has since wiggled to the current ratio which is preferable to my eyes.
His DEFENSE is low because he gets hit often. The only times he doesn't is when he is either talking his way out of it, or when he has a hostage. I imagine the Krava Maga being better, for example.
Quote:
I would also drop the range to 4 or 5. I feel like 6 is just a tad to high for a pistol attack.
Krava Maga
Quote:
RANGE 6: His shot is better than most (5), but he isn't casually a sniper (7+)
He is often accurate and makes some tough shots
Quote:
Detain: How would the detained figure that is on Jacks card be destroyed? And if he was destroyed why would you place him next to Jack?
I feel for you on this one. Glad my concerns were brought up on the first response. That language was later added. A figure on his card could get destroyed by being shot up with HOSTAGE SHIELD. If the figure dies, it can be dropped and immediately removed because the dead don't stay on the battlefield. If Jack were to die, before removing his figure from the battlefield, the detained figure is let free adjacent to where Jack was. The language isn't perfectly spelled out I now see.
For the sake of simplicity, I might just let him indefinitely detain somebody.
Quote:
Negotiate: ... players will not be happy if they roll a 20 and you somehow win initiative with an 11.
Great point. It's kind of like a +10 bonus now. Jack doesn't always get the drop or his way. This is a theme break. I'll sleep on it.
Quote:
Hostage shield ... Abilities that prevent the rolling of defense dice should be limited to a maximum of 2 or 3 attack dice... ... you attack your own Jack figure after positioning him near a ...figure...
Attacking with your own figures will be removed.
I also don't like the ease of using adjacent enemies. The detained figure yes, but a figure he hasn't detained yet? I don't think so.

Great round of first comments; thanks ibechief.
Sleep now and a new version before the weekend.

Last edited by Confred; December 11th, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old December 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

I highly suggest you change the personality. He's got bonding with the Death Knights at the moment.

Old December 12th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Great custom! I loved the first series of 24, after that they began to decline I thought. The season 1 mid-finale was the highlight of the entire series for me.

I like how you represented Jack's torture methods through detain and the hostage shield mechanic. I agree with AU--Death knight bonding doesn't suit him.
Old December 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM

Edited from feedback into Version 3.2.1

Version 3.1
Clause about +4 is before effects
Version 3.2
Clause about +4 is after effects and reads, "If you choose a detained figure, add 4 to your roll."
Version 3.2.1
"Add 4 to whatever is rolled if you choose a detained figure."

Quote:
I highly suggest you change the personality. He's got bonding with the Death Knights at the moment.
I'm leery of tip-toeing classifications due to bonding fear. I don't think the combo is broken and so it will remain for now. But thanks for mentioning it as I'll keep a watch on it and use them during playtesting.
Quote:
I agree with AU--Death knight bonding doesn't suit him.
I disagree. Having Death chase around Jack gives me the Vorthos tingles. . The thought of it made me want to keep the combo more. But as I mention previously, if it is broken, it'll get fixed.
--
A note about Detain, what it represents, and the character from the source material: Jack commonly uses this tactic, perhaps more than his normal attack. He disarms and captures people, even main characters and highly trained soldiers, almost effortlessly.

Last edited by Confred; December 13th, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:45 PM

Re: Confred's Customs of Fiction - Jack Bauer

:P

Was looking through the books and couldn't resist

Bonus:

Last edited by Confred; January 28th, 2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:10 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would put the Grinch at higher point cost.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:17 PM

Jack Bauer revisited

The other version did what I wanted him, but he did it at too great a word count. This version changed functionality but keeps a loose theme.

Old February 18th, 2013, 04:47 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Jack Bauer revisited

The other version did what I wanted him, but he did it at too great a word count. This version changed functionality but keeps a loose theme.
On combat defense should it read 1 SHIELD will block all damage? I assume you don't mean skull.

And Body shield looks like a really cool ability. But it looks like it could be a little overpowered. Maybe raise the die roll needed to use it or allow the targeted figure to roll defense or use special abilities. Just a suggestion.

Other than that I think he looks pretty cool considering I've never actually seen the show. But I'd still give him a chance.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:10 PM

Jack Bauer
With Combat Defense I did want the SKULL to block for something different, again the detain idea I prefer, but it got condensed to Combat Defense. See, Jack Bauer in the show has this trademark move. For this move, he quickly disarms them in melee and then pulls them into him and now has them in either a headlock/variant or with a weapon to their chin and they are now his hostage. He does it all the time, multiple times as episode. He does it on offense and on defense. He does it with the same ease to ninjas, top-notch martial artists, elite military soldiers, special agents, best-of-the-best assassins, and all manner of mercenaries, as he would a noncombat bystander.
-
Neo
I'm putting Jack Bauer to rest now.
Over at the Heroes of Fiction, we're discussing Neo from Matrix 1 movie, before he climaxes in power at the very end. My version has strayed from the lead design, so I'm dumping him here - both because I like him and because I want the design out of my head for clear viewing over there.

His general is Einar, the faction of man
The Matrix is Vydar, the faction of machine/future
Man vs Machine

Class and Personality are essentially placeholder

Old March 18th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is just a thought, but I cant seem him being worth 140 Points at all. With the 1 attack, even as a triple, it won't do much asides from mowing down Vipers. I could see a 2 on him though. And will there be a difference if you roll 6 Defense two at a time? Or is the power trying to convey something different? I like the Leap of Faith though, very cool!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards