Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 15th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
The HelmAverse SciFi HAVOKscape Custom Expansions

The HelmAverse Presents a Matt Helm-A3n Production
Inspired by 1moreheroscaper
Written and Directed by Matt Helm
Produced by A3n
Based on the characters and stories created by Stephen Baker, Craig Van Ness, and Matt Helm…

Welcome to the HelmAverse's Havokscape (Read the background HERE):

----------------------------------------------------------------------
HAVOK SKIRMISH BATTLE SET (Master Set)
Figs: Hundred Warrior, Form Warrior, 47th Line, Darkest Suns, Hundred and Battle Form all from Havok Skirmish Master Set.
Spoiler Alert!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
WAVE 1.0 BATTLEBALL

- CHAMPIONS OF THE IRON WOLVES
(Unique Pack)
Figs: various Iron Wolves from Battleball game.
Spoiler Alert!

- BLACK HART LOYALISTS (Unique Pack)
Figs: various Black Harts from Battleball game.
Spoiler Alert!

- BLITZERS AND BLOCKERS (Common Expansion)
Figs: various Black Harts and Iron Wolves from Battleball game.
Spoiler Alert!

- GROUNDERS AND POUNDERS (Common Expansion)
Figs: Nexus Troopers and Karn Troopers from Havok Skirmish expansion packs.
Spoiler Alert!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
WAVE 2.0 QA'AN'S SURGE

- FORCES OF THE UNEXPECTED (Unique Pack)
Figs: Nessie from Horrorclix; Snow Centaur, Snow Maiden, and Tinker Gnome from Mage Knight; single Black Hart from Battleball game.
Spoiler Alert!

- BROTHERS OF THE REBELLION (Common Expansion)
Figs: Brotherhood and Kinsmen from Havoc Skirmish expansion packs.
Spoiler Alert!

- STALKERS AND STEAMERS
(Common Expansion)
Figs: Pteravore Razors from Havok Expansion Pack; Steam Mauler and Steam Knight from Mage Knight.
Spoiler Alert!

- THE DRAGON AND THE SLAYERS (Unique Pack)
Figs: repainted Brotherhood from Havok Skirmish Expansion pack and Ice dragon from Mage Knight.
Spoiler Alert!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

47th Line (squad)
Asyassin
Black Harts (squad)
Brotherhood (squad)
Brutus
Col. Peter Shabnek
Colossor the Dim
Darkest Suns (squad)
Dark Isis
Elite Tristian Samurai (squad)
Fortiate
Frinhorn the blue dragon
Fulton
Gloom Bringer
Hengist the Form Warrior
Hundred
Imperial Battle Form
Iron Judge
Iron Wolves (squad)
Karn Imperial Troopers (squad)
Kinsmen (squad)
Leptars (squad)
Nexus N-01 Troopers (squad)
Phesten Kaber
Pteravore Razors (squad)
Sesnie
Stalwart the Forge
Steamwalkers (squad)
Steel Ultimatus
Vanessa Krayg

Both sides will recruit warriors and creatures to join their cause in the Battle of All Space. Stay tuned for more expansions for HelmAverse Havokscape.

PLAYTESTING ANALYSIS and BATTLE REPORTS:
January 17, 2011 1moreheroscaper
January 17, 2011 davidlhsl
February 5, 2011 davidlhsl (Afternoon Delight: A HelmAverse Battle Story)
April 14, 2011 1moreheroscaper
May 23, 2011 Jaebird
November 5, 2011 1moreheroscaper
July 9, 2012 davidlhsl
August 19, 2012 davidhsl

... THANKS FOR THE HELP FELLAS!

Please check out davidhsl's cardboard PROXIES available for download.
---------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Alternate Rule Scenarios for including the HelmAverse Havokscape customs in Valhalla:

1 - Play as independent cards not being able to bond with any of the official card generals (but can still benefit from species, class, etc, bonuses);
2 - Play with direct translations (i.e. Karn Empire = Utgar; Nexus Rebellion = Jandar);
3 - Play where each player declares before the game which general has drafted these mercenary units and allow them to be considered as following that chosen general for the rest of the game.
4 - Play with either option 2 or 3 with the added stipulation that it is negated for any player's army that includes at least 1 card from each the Karn and the Nexus, as there is no way that they both would follow the same general.
------------------------------------------------------
Here are some of my prior SciFi customs:

STAR WARS (Art by A3n)
Darth Vader (edits pending)
Luke Skywalker (work in progress)

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 22nd, 2019 at 11:25 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The HelmAverse Custom Expansion

Updates Pending:

New Cards Pending:

Future Planned Units:

Nexus Rebellion-
- Tribunes

Karn Empire-
- Suma Kai
- Borkian Mercenaries

Pteravore-
- Thorn Crawler (name edit undetermined)
- Unnamed Unique Hero

Qa'an
-
- Gnomian Hill Giant Rider (name undetermined - figure is same as Hill Giant used for C3V Mok)

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 15th, 2016 at 10:54 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Captain Underpants

I've moved the original explanation as to why this thread was created right here (for historical significance ).
-------------------------------------------
Thanks to my partnership with the great A3n, we were able to create the HelmAverse Marvelscape Reinforcement Packs. And thanks to the C3G and all of the other great superhero custom creators on this site, the Marvel Heroscape line has filled out with a fair number of army card options for comic book fans.

On the now finalized official front, D&D Heroscape had more than satisfied the fantasy loving, role playing gamers and expanded the overall boundaries of the Heroscape gaming rules.

Well, what about the science fiction fan base? Sure there are threads for Star Wars customs, and even Star Trek heroclix figures to be used by customs creators coming soon. But what ever happened to those elusive Space Marines that everyone had been craving. “Can somebody please bring back the balance of the Battle of all Time and give me some needed SciFi themed goodness for classic Scape?”

Welcome to our new custom thread.
----------------------------------------------------------

I. HAVOK SKIRMISH

In a universe cast into darkness, a new force exploded through a tear in space known as the “Great Rift”. They destroyed those who stood before them and enslaved those who survived imposing Imperial law under their Karnian Kodex.

After 5000 years of slaughter and terror, freedom fighters have banded together and formed the powerful battle fleets of the Nexus Rebellion. They aim to disrupt the Karn, attacking small garrison worlds and isolated outposts, and then departing back into deep space before superior Imperial forces arrive.

Humans on the core planets are shorter than they once were after generations of living in artificial gravity environments with little personal room, but they are just as passionate and vigilante as always. Karnians are merciless and highly trained, yet they have become overly confident in their methods and vulnerable to creative rebel assault tactics.

The Battle of All Time has now merged with the Battle of All Space. A struggle that has spanned millennia has given rise to some of the greatest heroes the cosmos has ever seen. I invite you to join in and take command of either the imperials or the rebels. Wage the battles on the interplanetary backdrop of this cosmic war as a stand alone experience, or summon these heroes to Valhalla as mercenaries, willing to give their lives for the generals of heroscape, while never forgetting their eternal allegiances.

II. BATTLEBALL

It is a violent universe. One full of blood spilled through the generations. But even amid this chaos, the central planets with imperial stability have developed gladiator type games for the blood thirsty entertainment of the Klan leaders and brutal warlords. These games of extreme violence are used not to escape the blood bath that encircles them, but rather remind them of it.

From these games true warriors have risen and when the championship winning Iron Wolves used their interplanetary tour to escape from the game system, the Karn leaders were furious. But when these “ballers” were witnessed fighting along side the Nexus Rebellion, the Karn Empire drafted the loyal and merciless members of the Black Harts, sending them on a suicide mission to collide with their rebelling rivals.

III. QA’AN

In 5,000 years of Karnian rule, among many planets haunted by oppressive rule, some seemingly harmless cultures and lost creatures had managed to adapt and survive. Living through the generations as best they could, blending in with nature and maintaining faith in their mystical theology was all that kept them from extinction.

But with the recent uprising of the Nexus Rebellion and the raping of their worlds through ravenous war, the once unnoticed forces of nature have risen up in many forms. From powerful sea dragons and alien arthropods to the inventive creations of the Tinker Gnomes, these unlikely forces have joined under the flag of their mystical faith they call Qa’an, to battle with anyone that threatens their homes.

----------------------------------------------------------

Havok History: In 1997 Bluebird Toys released Havok Skirmish across the pond. The game was an obvious precursor to Heroscape. The minis are prepainted plastic on strikingly similar bases with terrain like stickers. The set is expandable with non-blind purchases of squads to build on, each designated to a faction. Even the dice and stat cards are similar.

Read more:
Boardgamegeek
Havok Wiki
Small Scale World

(I would like to thank 1moreheroscaper for not only introducing me to this great find, but also to helping me obtain some of the rare minis I used for these customs. Like everybody here, he is a class act. Hopefully, he will also be sharing his great ideas for customs in the Havok world and the choices will be plentiful for all who are interested.)

Battleball History: In 2003 Milton Bradley/Hasbro released the Craig Van Ness / Stephen Baker collaboration known as Battleball. Although no expansion sets were ever released, this game had enormous potential. If only there were individual cards (and thus special powers) for each unit on the team... but then again, that would be Heroscape on a football field.

The game is still widely available at both ridiculous "Brand New" prices, and very affordable "used" e-bay prices. I recommend it to all for the cool minis alone. The fun to play simple game rules is just a bonus.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 20th, 2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Darkest Suns is a Unique Hero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Captain Underpants

Re: The HelmAverse New Custom Expansion

Thanks Q old buddy, that card was not actually finalized so hopefully A3n will pick up on that when he goes to finish up the artwork
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I assume it's supposed to be a Common Squad?

My favorite is the 47th Line. How would Die Hard work though? For them to be destroyed this turn, would they have to fall to Counterstrike or some similar power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Awesome cards!
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Captain Underpants

Yes they are a common squad.

On the 47th Line, it is a defense triggered power. So basically, if a hero with multiple attacks, or an opponent's squad successfully destroys a soldier of the 47th line, the next one targeted gets a +1 to defense. If your opponent takes that one down too, the next targeted figure gets a +2. It helps them against real squad eating figures and powerful Stinger type squads.
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Are these cards intended to be compatible with Valhalla?
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Since they are rare minis do you recommend proxies?
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Captain Underpants

A) Griffin - Compatibility is a personal choice. Yes, I personally think they are compatible but I understand that many folks will only consider the official generals as truly compatible. You know me pretty well by now and you know that I like to recreate as close to official as I can, but when it comes to the official line, I don't feel skilled enough to intertwine my customs with the already established cards.

In truth, I started this plan before the death of the official scape so I didn't want to step on the toes of what was going on there. And I guess now, I defer to C3V or SoV or one of the other community projects to keep that flame alive.

So to cut to the chase, part of creating a custom is being able to go outside of the box in a way that you as a designer feel comfortable. My box has official language, plastic (not metal) minis, photos of the actual mini, power levels within the established range, etc. Adding a general, or creating a different type of faction, however, is a line I am willing to cross.

Now to answer your question, in my first post I indicate that it is up to the player to use these as an individual subset (knid of like Marvel) or integrate it into Valhalla (like D&D). I had already planned on a few "alternate rule scenarios" when playing with the HelmAverse Expansion cards. I'll update the first post to include them as well but basically, here are the options when playing these cards in Valhalla:

1 - Play as independent cards not being able to bond with any of the official card generals (but can still benefit from species, class, etc, bonuses);
2 - Play with direct translations (i.e. Karn Empire = Utgar; Nexus Rebellion = Jandar);
3 - Play where each player declares before the game which general has drafted these mercenary units and allow them to be considered as following that chosen general for the rest of the game.
4 - Play with either option 2 or 3 with the added stipulation that it is negated for any player's army that includes at least 1 card from each the Karn and the Nexus, as there is no way that they both would follow the same general.

And I have to ask, is there any reason that you feel they should not be compatible?

Oh yeah, and there is certainly no reason why the Havokscape figures can not share the battlefield with the HelmAverse Superhero Expansion Packs. The FF battling the Karn Empire sounds cool to me.

B) Tick-Tock - Thanks as always for the kind words and the interest. I do know that these minis are a bit tougher to come by in the USA but the Master Set figures are obtainable through ebay on occasion. But to answer your question, there are proxies to consider. Without specifying exact matches, check out:
- EM4 Miniatures. They make prepainted pewter figures, unpainted plastic figures, and combinations of the two.
- AT- 43 figures sold at both Miniaturemarket.com and FRPgames.com
- Heroclix SHIELD, Hydra, or Checkmate figures
- Mage Knight even made some Atlantean army that may look enough SciFi... but that may be a stretch
EDIT - Haloclix figures

But don't worry buddy, I have only a few more actual Havok figures to join the mix. There's a whole subset of Nexus Rebellion and Karn Empire supporters that will be trickling in based on figures that are much more accessible on ebay for reasonable prices. Just hang in there.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 17th, 2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Captain Underpants

A3n already has these write ups and the photos to work out the cards but I thought I'd share them here as they are really the final two cards in the Havok Master Set. After this, the HelmAverse will expand into some of the other Havok squads and into other Stephen Baker characters/minis for variety. As to not overwhelm the busiest man on this site, I'll take it slow. But here are the double spaced Battle Forms for each side:
--------------------------------------------
HUNDRED
NEXUS REBELLION

SYNTHEBOT
UNCOMMON HERO
BATTLE FORM
PRECISE
HUGE 8

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 3
RANGE: 5
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 5

KARNIAN LOST SOUL PROTECTION
When this Hundred is targeted for a normal attack from a non-adjacent opponent who follows the Karn Empire, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, this Hundred no longer has a visible hit zone for the duration of the targeting figure’s turn.

RICOCHET 13
If this Hundred is attacked by a non-adjacent figure and does not receive any wounds, you must choose one figure adjacent to this Hundred for each skull rolled by the attacking figure. You may not choose the same figure more than once. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die once for each chosen figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

-------------------------------------------------
IMPERIAL BATTLE FORM
KARN EMPIRE

SYNTHEBOT
UNCOMMON HERO
BATTLE FORM
PRECISE
HUGE 8

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 3
RANGE: 6
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

RANGED FIREPOWER
When attacking a non-adjacent opponent with this Imperial Battle Form, roll 2 additional attack dice.

RICOCHET 13
If this Battle Form is attacked by a non-adjacent figure and does not receive any wounds, you must choose one figure adjacent to this Battle Form for each skull rolled by the attacking figure. You may not choose the same figure more than once. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die once for each chosen figure. If you roll a 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards