Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 28th, 2014, 05:28 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Hmm, is this the first targeted ability that can't affect lava resistant figures? I suppose we are in some uncharted territory.
Old January 28th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Have you considered asking C3G what their ruling is on this? I'm pretty sure they have a targeted ability somewhere that doesn't affect certain figures.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 28th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

As I played it, when using Firebomb SA, one can target a Lava Resistant figure, but it will not roll defense dice, nor be subject to the D20 roll.
Old January 28th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
As I played it, when using Firebomb SA, one can target a Lava Resistant figure, but it will not roll defense dice, nor be subject to the D20 roll.
Yes, even if a figure would not be affected by something, it can still be targeted. Being affected and being targettable are two different things.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 28th, 2014, 06:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Have you considered asking C3G what their ruling is on this? I'm pretty sure they have a targeted ability somewhere that doesn't affect certain figures.
I'm sure their ruling is interesting and certainly useful for playing with C3G units, but it has no bearing here. C3G is almost a different game.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 29th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
I'm sure their ruling is interesting and certainly useful for playing with C3G units, but it has no bearing here. C3G is almost a different game.
But if there's no official classic ruling yet, surely it would make sense to take the ruling from a project who has ruled it? I mean, it may be a different game (though I do personally sometimes mix), but it's still the same game system - it's still Heroscape, and if they have a ruling on this and you haven't...

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 29th, 2014, 01:09 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But if there's no official classic ruling yet, surely it would make sense to take the ruling from a project who has ruled it? I mean, it may be a different game (though I do personally sometimes mix), but it's still the same game system - it's still Heroscape, and if they have a ruling on this and you haven't...
Their ruling is based on the way their cards work, which is often different than the way those cards would work if they were Classic cards. They actually have rulings that directly clash with Classic rulings. Basing a Classic ruling off of a C3G ruling would not be a good precedent.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 29th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Their ruling is based on the way their cards work, which is often different than the way those cards would work if they were Classic cards. They actually have rulings that directly clash with Classic rulings. Basing a Classic ruling off of a C3G ruling would not be a good precedent.
We can look at them to get an idea what we could do, but in no way are we obligated to follow it, as caps has said, they do have some rulings that conflict with Classic.

As to this special ability, I think we could actually look to some of our own figures for a guide. Nakitas and/or Kursus perhaps? In terms of wording. We can also look at Heirloom for an idea. We can have lava resistant figures be targeted but not effected, and it would seem fine to me.
Old January 29th, 2014, 03:02 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Spoiler Alert!

[EDIT] Changed to a

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]

Last edited by hivelord; February 3rd, 2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old January 29th, 2014, 05:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

We understand the intent. The wording doesn't obviously rule out the correct interpretation of the power. Let it be for now. If it passes, the editors will look at it.
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:43 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Based on your own explanation figures with lava resistances should be affected by the attack portion of Firebomb SA. I also see no reason to change the precedent that Fire Elemental's set for burning rolls.

I vote to review Karzai Munn.
Old January 31st, 2014, 06:23 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Hmm, honestly that figure having Lava Resistance bothers me. Molten lava is really hot, I just don't buy that his little tunic and belt aren't going to burst into flames the second he's within 5 feet of Molten lava. There is nothing about the rest of his outfit that makes me think 'lava resistant' either, unless we're just assuming his gloves and paints are made of magic 100% non-thermally conductive material (and why would some random Merc have access to that if the Deathwalkers and such don't?). I don't see anything that would justify him being able to 'swim' through Molten Lava either.

The special attack is ok, but nothing terribly interesting to me.

I'm going to have to vote to review.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs