Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old October 10th, 2023, 03:21 PM

Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker
Re: EPIC Maps Building Contest - $25 Prize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarm View Post
Hey Swarm, would you mind updating the link to your building instructions? right now I have to request access to view it. There should be an option in google drive to allow anyone with the link to view your pdf.

It should be working now
Old October 10th, 2023, 08:20 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

No specific rules. A different squad of Undead on each level of the castle could be really cool. Objective to clear each level of the castle and make it to the top.
Old October 11th, 2023, 10:18 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's my entry

Ambition

Other Images:
Spoiler Alert!

Special Rules
Spoiler Alert!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old October 12th, 2023, 12:50 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Amazing Entries all!!! The contest is now closed! We were able to get in 9 submissions! Awesome!

I'll plan on reviewing the maps tomorrow and releasing a video of my review/decision. I may do a livestream...but that's more dependent on my overall schedule tomorrow.

I'm excited to review all of these...and so that I can in detail...can those who submitted please send me their .hsc files?
@Swarm @Chris Perkins @Nomad @Flash_19 @Cleon @Sheep @Shurrig @Sherman Davies @ryguy266

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; October 12th, 2023 at 01:08 AM.
Old October 12th, 2023, 05:12 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very cool etntries Sheep and Flash! A pleasure to the eye!

Old October 13th, 2023, 12:21 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

After 1.5hrs of a Livestream musing about all the awesome maps...we HAVE A WINNER!!!

A Land in Eight Hours by Cleon

Congratz! $25 Prize coming your way @Cleon

It was an insanely close run between Cleon's map and Shurrig's Valhalla...so close I'll give @Shurrig a conciliatory $5 prize for 2nd haha...I really loved both maps, but Cleon's edged out Valhalla just barely.

For those curious...the 3 main criteria I was going for were:
- Terrain cohesiveness/use
- Scenario
- Eye-popping factor

Both finalists tied on the terrain cohesiveness with Shurrig edging Cleon on Scenario setup and Cleon edging Shurrig on eye-popping factor. At the end of the day, I felt the scenario of Cleon's was good enough and that the eye-popping factor had a bit more weight in my mind. Again Congratz and thanks to all who participated! If you're interested in seeing the full process, feel free to rewatch the whole livestream!

Thanks!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; October 13th, 2023 at 01:03 AM.
Old October 13th, 2023, 12:28 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
After 1.5hrs of a Livestream musing about all the awesome maps...we HAVE A WINNER!!!

It was an insanely close run between Cleon's map and Shurrig's Valhalla...so close I'll give @Shurrig a conciliatory $5 prize for 2nd haha...I really loved both maps, but Cleon's edged out Valhalla just barely.

For those Curious...the 3 main criteria I was going for were:
- Scenario
- Eye-popping factor

Both finalists tied on the terrain cohesiveness with Shurrig edging Cleon on Scenario setup and Cleon edging Shurrig on eye-popping factor. At the end of the day, I felt the scenario of Cleon's was good enough and that the eye-popping factor had a bit more weight in my mind. Again Congratz and thanks to all who participated! If you're interested in seeing the full process, feel free to rewatch the whole livestream!

Thanks!
Excellent map Cleon! That map is truly spectacular, that castle may be one of the coolest I've ever seen on a heroscape board. I can't wait to see the IRL pictures/videos of it!!
Old October 13th, 2023, 02:37 PM

Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker

Congrats to Cleon ! Thanks for the contest, this was fun to make. My map was inspired by both the arena in the second Hunger Games movie, and Saruman's tower from LOTR. Glad you found the little vikings !
Old October 14th, 2023, 06:20 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What a fantastic contest idea! I only wish I had managed to carve out enough time to conjure up a submission. The talent on display here is nothing short of extraordinary, and the designs are a testament to the seemingly limitless creativity of this community. A well-deserved round of applause goes out to @Cleon , who has crafted a truly epic board. Now, it's time to grab a measuring tape and see if any of my tables are any match for the grandeur of this map.
Old October 16th, 2023, 06:16 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Congrats, Cleon! Either your map or Shurrig's Valhalla were the ones I would've picked myself.
Old October 17th, 2023, 02:34 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

For those Curious...the 3 main criteria I was going for were:
- Scenario
- Eye-popping factor

Thanks!
Excellent map Cleon! That map is truly spectacular, that castle may be one of the coolest I've ever seen on a heroscape board. I can't wait to see the IRL pictures/videos of it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarm View Post
Congrats to Cleon ! Thanks for the contest, this was fun to make. My map was inspired by both the arena in the second Hunger Games movie, and Saruman's tower from LOTR. Glad you found the little vikings !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
What a fantastic contest idea! I only wish I had managed to carve out enough time to conjure up a submission. The talent on display here is nothing short of extraordinary, and the designs are a testament to the seemingly limitless creativity of this community. A well-deserved round of applause goes out to @Cleon , who has crafted a truly epic board. Now, it's time to grab a measuring tape and see if any of my tables are any match for the grandeur of this map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Congrats, Cleon! Either your map or Shurrig's Valhalla were the ones I would've picked myself.
Thank you all! I had a lot of fun building it. I might make another giant map (in more than 8 hours lol) and try to build it myself, when I get some time off. Feeling some inspiration.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games