Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old October 19th, 2018, 12:16 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Workshop Thread

I'm submitting Forgotten Forest Road for review!

I made some very minor changes to this version, but mostly I just switched the glyphs. I felt that Gerda on road was just too powerful.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15_...5Ay6vOxPOopUhn

Last edited by Shurrig; October 19th, 2018 at 01:07 PM. Reason: undid edit
Old October 19th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'm up for giving this one a go.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 19th, 2018, 05:13 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

for Forgotten Forest Road.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 22nd, 2018, 12:51 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@JaesShurrig , the change to a less powerful glyph is probably a good one on this map. It seems really fast, and really bloody with that road tile that rips through there. They'll only be fighting for initiative close to the end of round. The only concern I have with this one really is that I don't see much happening on the non road side of the map. I see most of it playing out on the side with road and the height next to it. I'll give an for review on Forgotten Forest Road, though I like to see the map getting use throughout it. Wasted space never helps the appeal on a map.

@Leaf_It , I like the changes implemented that you've put in on Ruined City. It looks like an interesting play. With the changes I'll give it a shot for review.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 22nd, 2018, 01:04 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

After looking it over for consideration, and looking over the changes implemented by you, @antmarchingroves , I vote for consideration on Valledon Fortress.

Old October 22nd, 2018, 02:23 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Valledonn Fortress by @antmarchingroves , Ruined City by @Leaf_It and Forgotten Forest Road by @JaesShurrig have received enough votes and move on to playtesting.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 22nd, 2018, 10:55 AM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Valledonn Fortress by @antmarchingroves , Ruined City by @Leaf_It and Forgotten Forest Road by @JaesShurrig have received enough votes and move on to playtesting.
Thanks for taking the time to review and playtest Valledonn Fortress again!

Antmarchingroves'
Old October 28th, 2018, 11:33 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Request for Review

I would like to resubmit Halcyon for review.

The feedback I received after the contest was primarily around how the glyph of Wannok and two treasure glyphs did not incentivize full use of the map. The suggestion was to remove the 4-space glacier from the center of the map and move Wannok a little more into the middle.

I like the way the glacier splits the map, so before going for such a large transformation, I've played it quite a bit with Wannok on the other side of the glacier and the treasure glyphs replaced with power glyphs. I like the way it has played and most of the map has typically been used.

Map Description:
Quote:
A competitive map for two armies of 400-600 points.
The unknown glyph should be fairly strong: Move +2, Unique Attack +1, or something of similar strength.
The glyph of Brandar may be played as a treasure glyph, or as another power glyph: +8 initiative or something of similar strength.
Normal snow, normal ice.
Optional Trap Rules: If you spring a trap on a treasure glyph, your opponent may swap the positions of any two squad figures on the board.
Uses 1xSotM, 1xBftU, and 1xTT
.pdf link
.hsc link

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 28th, 2018, 01:58 PM
"like" happy

Re: Request for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I would like to resubmit Halcyon for review.

The feedback I received after the contest was primarily around how the glyph of Wannok and two treasure glyphs did not incentivize full use of the map. The suggestion was to remove the 4-space glacier from the center of the map and move Wannok a little more into the middle.

I like the way the glacier splits the map, so before going for such a large transformation, I've played it quite a bit with Wannok on the other side of the glacier and the treasure glyphs replaced with power glyphs. I like the way it has played and most of the map has typically been used.

Map Description:
Quote:
A competitive map for two armies of 400-600 points.
The unknown glyph should be fairly strong: Move +2, Unique Attack +1, or something of similar strength.
The glyph of Brandar may be played as a treasure glyph, or as another power glyph: +8 initiative or something of similar strength.
Normal snow, normal ice.
Optional Trap Rules: If you spring a trap on a treasure glyph, your opponent may swap the positions of any two squad figures on the board.
Uses 1xSotM, 1xBftU, and 1xTT
.pdf link
.hsc link
One other thing that, if I remembered correctly Is the two sets of the single rock/glaciers on the sides of where wannok is kept getting knocked over because they weren't very stable. Everything else looks ok. From looking at it, it seems a good deal more of the map will get used spacing the glyphs out. Wannok used to be more by the swamp where the height in the middle was right? I played @Sir Heroscape in a tournament on this one, had the win in the bag, then he Cyprien touched me a few times to kill off my hydras.

Old October 28th, 2018, 02:03 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Right, Wannok used to be on the other side of the glacier, closer to the swamp.

I don't think there's anything I can do to make the single rock/glaciers more stable.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 28th, 2018, 02:17 PM
"like" happy

for review for Halcyon. I remember this one looking pretty cool, it was just dominated to the one side with the wannok glyph.

Old October 30th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

for Halcyon. Spacing the glyphs helps for sure. I'm a bit skeptical of ranged power on the map with all of the ice/swamp water in the middle that keeps melee low while moving forward, but I like how the LoS blockers zone of the map into different routes and am interested enough to try and see if it's enough to balance it out.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla