Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 27th, 2022, 03:19 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

It was brought up that Phoah-Ra and Aculanda are both sitting in limbo right now. I apologize for not getting a vote in on them earlier.

Phoah-Ra gets a for me. Like the other judges, I really like the melee paralyzing stare and the negative spirit, but the guard movement bonding feels muddied on an otherwise clean design. I'd love to see it reworked a bit.

Aculanda is also a Cyclonic gust feels overdesigned to me. Lots of conditions to meet, and it doesn't make much sense to me why the figure has to be adjacent to one attacked, but not the one attacked, and the adjacent at the start of the turn requirement has weird cases with rats and cutters. I really like the support-focused powerset, but the design falls short as-is. I'd like to see this one reworked as well (and like it better than the mummy).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 27th, 2022, 04:27 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Princess Aculanda has received 4 Nay votes (Scytale, wriggz, and vegietarian18, and BiggaBullfrog) to review and is removed from the process.

The Drow Assassin has passed United Fanscape Review and moves forward in the process.
Old July 28th, 2022, 12:37 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Phoah Ra Submission: My thoughts here fall very much in line with Scytale’s. The Crypt Guardian synergy feels shoehorned in there. You’re hamstrung by the way the Cryptos were designed around Queens and not Kings. And this design suffers for it. Removing CG Movement Bonding and making him a Guard fixes the faction design problems. Unfortunately, its to the detriment of the Pharoah-looking miniature. I don’t buy this miniature as an elite guard. Only Pharoah’s were entombed with that sort of headdress.

It might not be elegant, but I wonder if the solution is actually to have a multi-classing power similar to what is being discussed in the Pre-SoV thread. See Here. To make Phoah Ra both Guard and King. A power called GUARDIAN REGENT or something.

The melee Paralyzing Stare is cool especially with the CG buff. But maybe call it Paralyzing Grasp or Paralyzing Touch to distinguish it from Me-Burq-Sa. I know my first time reading the card, I read the power name, and since I knew it, I didn’t read the power text and assumed it worked at range. I also really like the Cursed Spirit power.

I vote to review Phoah Ra.

----------

Princess Aculanda Thoughts: The Princess has already been voted down, But I’ll give my thoughts anyways.

Let’s start with the wings. To me these are not “Ullar” wings. The transparency gives it an entirely different quality and one that I think fits right in with the Moon Tribe. Its also worth noting that accepting a transparent winged kyrie into Aquilla’s ranks does not, to me, shut down the possibility of dragonfly winged kyrie or other wing styled kyrie into her ranks in the future. There is plenty wing-dissimilarity within generals, as Vegie pointed out.

I agree with Wriggz’ thoughts about the healing needing to be behind a D20 roll. I agree with Vegie’s assessment that she feels like a grab-bag of powers with no real focus. And I agree with Bigga on how Cyclonic Gust is overdesigned.

I think it may be beneficial for you to put the card, stats, powers, and wording aside for a moment and really think about her conceptually. Who is she? What does she do? Get those foundational questions answered in a simple way and then every choice you make after that should be describing those answers on the card. If the answer is to focus on the Cyclone, how can you make that more of a focus of the design instead of something that is tacked onto the end of the turn. If the answer is wind and healing, how can you marry those two ideas together to make a cohesive package?

----------

Feel free to tag myself or any of us in your personal thread as these update. I look forward to seeing more polished versions in the near future.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old July 31st, 2022, 05:39 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you judges for taking the time to give your thoughts.

I can agree that the automatic heal as apposed to requiring a roll is mechanically an issue. And if the guard movement bonding feels tacked on, then there must be something wrong. I had a strong enjoyment for how cyclonic gust played and enjoyed my vision for it. Thinking in terms of similar wind support abilities, there are options.

If I ever do get back into the game and designing for it again, I will see what can be done if anything, to improve on some points given.
Old August 2nd, 2022, 11:15 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Phoah Ra has received 4 Nay votes to review (Scytale, vegietarian18, and BiggaBullfrog, and Vydar_XLIII) and is removed from the process.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 02:40 PM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

Scrap this thread. we have official scape again!! WOOOP WOOP
Old August 3rd, 2022, 02:42 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airballshooter View Post
hahaha...yeah, I guess we'll find out.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 3rd, 2022, 04:38 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Hate to tell to you but people were making customs long before scape "died". Infact some of the later designers started as custom designers and some of the new designers and playtested are the C3V members.

People will keep making customs and I for one will be here to help refine them regardless of new scape.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 3rd, 2022, 04:44 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Hate to tell to you but people were making customs long before scape "died". Infact some of the later designers started as custom designers and some of the new designers and playtested are the C3V members.

People will keep making customs and I for one will be here to help refine them regardless of new scape.
A blank HeroScape card is the same for everyone - an opportunity for creativity.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 06:49 PM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

I know, ive been making customs myself as well just because its fun. Custom HS will always be nice and not stop because the official one is back. it was just a joke sir.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 07:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Looks like you missed the rim with that shot.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 08:38 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll definitely always make customs, still do I'm at a decent count. I think the only real question is how things with organized play get affected.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs