Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 12th, 2019, 12:58 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Death Chasers of Thesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Can you imagine a situation where you would actually not take advantage of Orc Battle Rush? The DCoT are one of my favorite squads to use and there have been some rare occasions where I considered not using it. For example, if your opponent has Major Q10 in their army and you know you are just sending them out for the slaughter (even with Nerak they’re still probably going down), would you consider holding them back until someone else in your army had dealt with the Major? Or do people think you should always plow ahead with the Orc Battle Rush?
I'll agree with Necroblade on the always rushing in. Generally when I play tournament style maps they are set up enough where it will take at least a turn or two to be able to attack them. I never use raelyn but that seems pretty solid as well. Board control is key. If you can take all the glyphs with them by turn one that works out pretty good most of the time. You just can't spread them too thin if the map is too big, and if the map is so small that your going to get shot right away, you probably should take advantage of the rush putting them all up there anyway to keep up full attack turns.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:15 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

100% Agreed with what's been said. I'm primarily a melee player and DC's need to be played like an unending wave of units on the constant attack. If the opponent can stifle the surge they will likely beat the DC's by stringing them out, so that initial battle rush is key to their success in nonstop attacks and continuous flow through the map. And yes, they are one of the best board control units in the game imo.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:52 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

There was one hilarious game where I was teaching a friend how to play and she chose not to use Orc Battle Rush, despite my group's immense confusion and persistence. @Leo Ultra then rushed out with Moltenclaw and Ornak, quickly covering most of the map... But not quite able to reach any of her figures.

She then proceeded to reveal Order Marker 1 on Brandis Skyhunter, rush him out, and bring Moltenclaw down to 1 life in a single attack.

I'd imagine that games like that are pretty rare, though. For more competitive games, I'd agree that it's typically in your best interest to always take advantage of Orc Battle Rush.
Old February 13th, 2019, 11:01 AM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

I'm still a little torn, but I think I agree with the consensus here now. Even in their weaker match-ups, these guys need to be played as they were intended which is as a mad-rushing strike force right out of the gate. As far as board control goes, I haven't had much success holding glyphs with them because they are so easily picked off by range. But as a relatively new player maybe I just haven't mastered some of the finer points of board control yet.

This whole question actually occurred to me after a game in which I was rushing in DCoTs against Q10 who ended up having incredibly bad attack rolls. I ended up swarming the major and taking him out with limited casualties. It was a victory, but I remember at the time thinking to myself that it was mostly luck that I didn't get mowed down. And since then I've seen my DCoTs turned into an Orc bloodbath by Q9 on several occasions.
Old February 13th, 2019, 11:59 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Orc Battle Rush = Height Advantage
Board control is more about quickness to get height and make opponents climb to you more than quickness to get glyphs. These guys can get height quicker than an opponent, which means that they can get heightened attacks a lot easier even against range armies. You still should "slow roll" on most maps meaning the first couple of turns don't move the same 3 figures their max move, but rather spread move of units out, and keep Nerak (and possibly Raelin) in aura range. Yes you will be attacked quicker, but these attacks you will have height advantage and you will ultimately have more attacks quicker yourself and they will be more likely be with height advantage.
Old February 13th, 2019, 12:30 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Orc Battle Rush = Height Advantage
Board control is more about quickness to get height and make opponents climb to you more than quickness to get glyphs. These guys can get height quicker than an opponent, which means that they can get heightened attacks a lot easier even against range armies. You still should "slow roll" on most maps meaning the first couple of turns don't move the same 3 figures their max move, but rather spread move of units out, and keep Nerak (and possibly Raelin) in aura range. Yes you will be attacked quicker, but these attacks you will have height advantage and you will ultimately have more attacks quicker yourself and they will be more likely be with height advantage.
Basically this. You should not just bum rush in, instead you should still be slow rolling. It's better to think about your starting zone being effectively 5 spaces farther up the map than your opponent's, and then playing the standard slow roll from that point as opposed to rushing in and dying.

Also, if you have Me-Burq-Sa and Raelin, you should be setting up a pod and keeping your DC's in that pod, other than one aggressive DC a turn to throw a 4 die attack.
Old February 13th, 2019, 11:53 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Rush Hour

I didn't battle rush once. It was a very atypical game. Draft format so I only had two squads and no Raelin and would be facing a wait then fire squad on a very small map. I led with a unit that does better against them and saved the orcs for later in the game. Of course @kevindola still beat me but it was his water elemental not the orcs that were the deciding factor.

~Dysole, who otherwise basically agrees
Old February 14th, 2019, 09:35 AM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the replies everyone! This has been a great education for me not only on the Death Chasers but also on board control in general. It's really got me thinking about how to formulate my strategy.
Old December 20th, 2020, 05:55 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Has anyone used these guys with double bonding in conjunction with Romans-MBS or Swog-Arrow Gruts or other Orcs and Nerak?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 20th, 2020, 09:23 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Has anyone used these guys with double bonding in conjunction with Romans-MBS or Swog-Arrow Gruts or other Orcs and Nerak?
I think I’ve done all but the Arrows, but I know Vegie ran those in OnlineCon. Mixed bonding is cool, but tough.
Old February 16th, 2022, 12:26 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These identical figures are also sold under the D&D line. They are:

Orc Raider #56 (Archfiends)
Orc Raider WF2004 (Winter Fantasy Promo)
Orc Raider (Retailer Promo)

Orc Eye of Gruumsh #31 (Dangerous Delves)

Orc Mauler - D&D Basic Game Miniature
Orc Mauler #55 (War Drums)

I picked up an extra squad cheaply this way.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old October 29th, 2023, 01:44 AM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

I just won our national Heroscape tournament 510 pts with

Ralin
Nerak
Me-Burq-Sa
Death Chasers x6

Panned out pretty good I stormed the field to start the game then slow rolled it mostly keeping everything pretty close together only had 1 close game. At times I wish I had more range but Me-Burq-Sa helped enough to get me by.

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5

Last edited by White Q Knight; October 29th, 2023 at 03:13 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units