Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 28th, 2016, 03:04 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Fixing Confrontation minis?

Hey Gang,
I have several broken Confrontation miniatures (snapped hands, weapons, etc).

I am looking for recommendations for a good glue to patch them up.

I tried Plasti-Zap, and it didn't bind at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old December 28th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Fixing Confrontation minis?

Crazy Glue has always bonded really well for me.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 28th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I use Loctite Gel superglue, and it's worked to a certain extent with the Confrontation minis. However, I find the rigid plastic they used to make the figures can be a little finicky, so if you're working with small contact points (spears, hands, etc) it's important to get the broken pieces flush (I know that sounds like common sense, but it seems doubly important with Rackham stuff).

Good luck.
Old December 28th, 2016, 07:17 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I use loctite professional liquid. Its at wal mart for about 5 bucks.

I swear by it. But I do swear a lot. I use it for everything miniatures.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 28th, 2016, 08:21 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Thanks for the recommendations!!
Old December 28th, 2016, 11:50 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I haven't done this, but I have heard it mentioned as a way to repair minis. Pinning
Old December 29th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I haven't done this, but I have heard it mentioned as a way to repair minis. Pinning
When I was heavy into Action figures as kid, this is how I would fix them since glue would always fail with use. That was back in the day when kids were trusted with wire cutters and power tools.

Seems like a good plan for minis that get repeated use.

As for Spears I have seen some one (Soundwarp-SG1 maybe) replace Ashigaru spears with wire and add greenstuff to make them look the same.

I have had a fair amount of success with Bondic It is very easy to use and bonds in seconds.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 29th, 2016, 03:09 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
As for Spears I have seen some one (Soundwarp-SG1 maybe) replace Ashigaru spears with wire and add greenstuff to make them look the same.
Wasn't me, I've never really done anything with Ashigaru. Though I have replaced the shafts of spears and such on other minis with styrene rods.

-

As for glues, I just keep a jar of CA accelerator handy (the brand I use is called Zip Kicker, also available as an aerosol). The accelerator instantly hardens superglue, so you just dab a bit on whenever you get a material that doesn't want to bond with the glue. It gives you a durable enough bond for most miniature work, unless you're in the habit of dropping your figures on the floor all the time. Fair warning though, the accelerator is poisonous and the reaction can cause the super glue to get hot enough to burn you if you're touching it (which you shouldn't be doing anyway).

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion