Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 5th, 2018, 11:28 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - TMNT

@japes , thanks for the generous offer. I'm in no rush so I'm good with working with A3n's schedule. Of course a squad is never easy as it takes more work so if he thinks he cannot handle it, I'll come look you up. And I should probably try and take photos of the figs because the pics online weren't that great.

@A3n , I have tested them a bit and they feel turtles to me. Though I have to admit (as I dodge throwing stars and flung pizza cheese) I was never really a TMNT fan. I enjoyed the old arcade game beaten up back in the day but was never really into the colorful cartoony turtle world. In fact, I had no plans to put then in the HelmAverse but the awesome red masked minis were just way too cool and reminded me of my HS days when the turtles were in glorious black and white.

If you read the first issue, they all act the same as "savage" ninjas with nothing distinguishing them other than their choice of weapons. They did not have the personalities that they developed later but instead were just Splinter's killing machines. I know I'm usually the "lunchbox" version guy, but the original turtles are the only ones that I could take seriously in a battle with the other serious figures in their colorful spandex.

So without personalities and all of them carrying double attack weapons (the bow staff counts), I totally see them as warranting a unique squad with a single power set. Throw in my experience with how difficult it is to put any wounds on the HelmAverse Dr. Strange and it became a no brainer to build in the Defense power that gives a 1 life figure a very good probability of surviving any attack. They really turned out to be a dangerous "savage" squad.

@Spidey'tilIDie , you totally get what I did here. Thanks for the complementary words. I'm really glad that you liked the unique squad the way that they turned out. There are several great iterations of the rainbow wearing turtles for folks who want to play with the individuals. Hopefully I've succeeded in giving the community another option that is quite rare in the superhero custom world.

@Confred , an X-Men unique squad... is that a challenge? Wait what, you can't do 6 minute abs! No, no, seven minute abs is the way to go, nobody can do 6 minute abs. I'm sure I didn't get that quote from Something About Mary correct but I thought about it because there definitely is a fine line between what can be done and what shouldn't be done. You did succeed in making me laugh... maybe now I have to finish off the Cyclops, Jean Gray and Storm designs that are scattered between word docs and handwritten napkins.

Thank you all for your interest.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations