Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 6th, 2018, 10:25 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Shadow Squad
  • I dislike there isn't a range restriction/clear sight needed to control the shadows.
  • I dislike how the Shadow Dog can easily get 7 Attack dice with height. I would suggest reducing its normal attack to two and making its strongest attack a 5 w/height
  • I have a huge problem that the Tentacles can shuffle figures way across the board. You could move a figure 3 spaces each time depending on spaces, and move a unique hero 9 spaces with one OM. I don't know how to solve this one.

Sir H - I highly recommend that you do extensive testing with this faction, you are taking on a HUGE task in trying to get 5 figures correct for a SOV submission. Most cannot(Me included) get one figure right most of the time.

I would want to see your playtesting reports on your thread so make some more observations.

With that being said, I really like the concept of this faction!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 6th, 2018, 10:36 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I REALLY like the Shadow peeps. I think the use of unpainted translucent figures is something we could absolutely do more of.

I wanted to quickly run this one by everyone, since some folks were talking about the need for more sci-fi heroes.

Old October 6th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Shadow Squad
  • I dislike there isn't a range restriction/clear sight needed to control the shadows.
  • I dislike how the Shadow Dog can easily get 7 Attack dice with height. I would suggest reducing its normal attack to two and making its strongest attack a 5 w/height
  • I have a huge problem that the Tentacles can shuffle figures way across the board. You could move a figure 3 spaces each time depending on spaces, and move a unique hero 9 spaces with one OM. I don't know how to solve this one.

Sir H - I highly recommend that you do extensive testing with this faction, you are taking on a HUGE task in trying to get 5 figures correct for a SOV submission. Most cannot(Me included) get one figure right most of the time.

I would want to see your playtesting reports on your thread so make some more observations.

With that being said, I really like the concept of this faction!
Well, there’s Kato, so I’m not too worried. The Hounds have proven to be good in tests so far but not gamebreaking good. I imagine I might have to nerf their attack if they prove too strong but a base attack of 2 is a thematic break for me with the mini. This mini is large and extremely muscular and powerful. The least I would do is 3 Attack, and I think that would be fine. I am inclined to agree with the tentacle shifting potential. I’ll likely try to shift it to read like unto the warforged, but because each figure takes separate turns that may be difficult...we’ll see.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 6th, 2018, 12:44 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Kato has clear sight(as a requirement) and doesnt have the ability to have 3 heroes take a turn, you should mimic kurrok. These guys are very powerful, much more than what Kato can do. Plus Kato costs 200!

I wouldnt simply brush off something like that, and simply state another figure does it so im good.

Old October 6th, 2018, 01:42 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Kato has clear sight(as a requirement) and doesnt have the ability to have 3 heroes take a turn, you should mimic kurrok. These guys are very powerful, much more than what Kato can do. Plus Kato costs 200!

I wouldnt simply brush off something like that, and simply state another figure does it so im good.
I strongly disagree. Kato can activate 8 figures per turn getting a max of 4 attacks of 3 (from height) with Melee and 4 Attacks of 4 (WtF and height) from range. Heroscape is a numbers game. In my book, number of attacks will always out perform power of attacks (in most cases). The most attacks shadows get per turn are 3...and sure they may be strong doing it, but in return, most good bonding squads or ranges squads will take these guys just by sheer number of attacks. Against heroes these guys can be potent, but any smart player will Work around that with their squads.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 6th, 2018, 01:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:

I strongly disagree. Kato can activate 8 figures per turn getting a max of 4 attacks of 3 (from height) with Melee and 4 Attacks of 4 (WtF and height) from range. Heroscape is a numbers game. In my book, number of attacks will always out perform power of attacks (in most cases). The most attacks shadows get per turn are 3...and sure they may be strong doing it, but in return, most good bonding squads or ranges squads will take these guys just by sheer number of attacks. Against heroes these guys can be potent, but any smart player will Work around that with their squads.
Agreed - Kato's strength is unrivaled swarming potential. This guy's good, but not that good.

That being said, thematically I like the idea of a range restriction - a nice broad one, maybe 8 spaces - and cutting the clear sight requirement. Feels fitting for a drow shadow mage to be directing things while hiding behind a ruin.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 6th, 2018, 02:55 PM

Id like to think im a smart player

Old October 6th, 2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Shadow Squad
Just realized what you were saying. He DOES already have a clear sight restriction. There's no range to it cause I want him different from Kurrok, but yes they have to be in clear sight of Xundar before taking a turn.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 6th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
That being said, thematically I like the idea of a range restriction - a nice broad one, maybe 8 spaces - and cutting the clear sight requirement. Feels fitting for a drow shadow mage to be directing things while hiding behind a ruin.
Ooo, +1 for this. Would need some testing, but I like the theme.

I think the Hounds would be fine at 3 attack since they'll often be getting a bonus anyway, and the sequence of 4, 5, and 6 attack dice on a single figure in one turn is scary. If nothing else it would help keep their cost down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Like the theme you're going for here overall. I'm not sure on the mechanics of Sabotage Pulse since an opposed d20 roll feels off in Heroscape, but that might just be me. I'll think on it some more.

What is the image Bullet Bending SA is supposed to be selling? I like the mechanics (though I am a sucker for anti-range figures), but don't get what the "bending" is or how it makes the attack better against ranged figures.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 6th, 2018, 04:43 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

The idea is that she’s bending the trajectory of the bullets, via cyberpunk psychic ability or matrix-Agent action movie shenanigans.
Old October 6th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
The idea is that she’s bending the trajectory of the bullets, via cyberpunk psychic ability or matrix-Agent action movie shenanigans.
Alright, that's what I thought when I first looked at the card. I guess I'm not getting the connection with that and the defense reduction. How does that make her better against ranged figures? I would imagine bending to allow her to attack obstructed figures.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 6th, 2018, 06:52 PM

Hmmm. You’re probably right that the theme has a bit of a disconnect there. I guess I imagined that it would bend over long distances and thus more effect figures usually at those ranges, but the current implementation is a little backwards that way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards