Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 6th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of The Varja

Any chance we can get a list of units whose powers can effect The Varja at range (like Sonlen and Mimring)
Old June 7th, 2015, 01:29 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Any chance we can get a list of units whose powers can effect The Varja at range (like Sonlen and Mimring)
I can do it but probably not until like Wednesday or something.

~Dysole, with a lot of fingers in a lot of pots
Old June 7th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
I can do it but probably not until like Wednesday or something.

~Dysole, with a lot of fingers in a lot of pots
Thats cool, I had a buddy who got really mad because I crushed him (two Microcorp agents, Carr, Skahen and Laglor) with only the Varja, and he wanted to know what could actually defeat him. I'm fairly certain this is the most powerful C3V unit to date, you just have to be careful on how you use him. This guy kills anything that needs range.

p.s. My friend won't let me use the Varja anymore
Old June 7th, 2015, 11:19 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Here's the list I composed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
I believe the following special attacks and d20 special powers can directly target The Varja with a non-adjacent attack or direct damage:
  • Airborne Elite: GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK: "Choose a figure to attack. No clear line of sight is needed. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Grenade Special Attack."
  • Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior: ULLAR'S BOLT OF THE WITHERWOOD: "you may choose any opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Atlaga."
  • Brimstone: HEAT BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK: "Heat Blast Special Attack affects all figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Brimstone."
  • Cxurg'gyath: PSIONIC EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK: "Choose a figure to attack. Each opponent's figure adjacent to the chosen figure is also affected by the the Psionic Explosion Special Attack. Cxurgy'gyath does not need clear line of sight to attack with Psionic Explosion Special Attack."
  • Deadeye Dan: SHARPSHOOTER: "you may choose any non-adjacent figure within 10 clear sight spaces of Deadeye Dan."
  • Jarek Guy: PLASMA GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK: "Choose a figure to attack. No clear line of sight is needed. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Plasma Grenade Special Attack."
  • Mind Flayer Mastermind: PSIONIC BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK: "This Mind Flayer Mastermind does not need clear line of sight to attack with Psionic Blast Special Attack."
  • Runa: HELM OF MINTONSOUL AURA: "you must roll the 20-sided die for all figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Runa, one at a time."
  • Sonlen: DRAGON SWOOP: "you may choose any figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Sonlen."
  • Sudema: STARE OF STONE: "choose any figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Sudema."
  • Tul-Bak-Ra: MIND BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK: "Tul-Bak-Ra does not need clear line of sight to attack with Mind Blast Special Attack."
It seems the following can do it indirectly by targeting a figure near The Varja:
  • Blue Wyrmling: FLEDGLING LIGHTNING BREATH SPECIAL ATTACK: "You may also choose one other figure within 3 clear sight spaces of the targeted figure to be affected by Fledgling Lightning Breath Special Attack."
  • Deathwalker 9000: EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK: "Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Explosion Special Attack. Deathwalker only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure."
  • Eltahale: THUNDER RAM ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK: "You may also choose up to two other figures within 2 clear sight spaces of the targeted figure to be affected by Thunder Ram Assault Special Attack."
  • Heirloom: FORCE ORB SPECIAL ATTACK: "Each opponent's figure adjacent to the chosen figure is also affected by Force Orb Special Attack."
  • James Murphy / Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan: SHOTGUN BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK: "Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack. [James/Johnny] only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure."
  • Jorhdawn: RAIN OF FLAME SPECIAL ATTACK: "Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Rain of Flame Special Attack."
  • Jotun: WILD SWING SPECIAL ATTACK: "Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Wild Swing Special Attack."
  • Kursus: SONIC FISTS SPECIAL ATTACK: "Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Sonic Fists Special Attack."
  • Myrddin: CALL LIGHTNING SPECIAL ATTACK: "Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Call Lightning Special Attack. Myrddin only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure."
  • Quahon: LIGHTNING BREATH SPECIAL ATTACK: "You may also choose a second figure within 3 clear sight spaces of the targeted figure and a third figure within 2 clear sight spaces of the second figure to be affected by Lightning Breath Special Attack."
  • Zelrig: MAJESTIC FIRES SPECIAL ATTACK: "Any figures adjacent to the targeted figure are also affected by Majestic Fires Special Attack."
The following do not inflict wounds, but can have some kind of other effect on The Varja from range:
  • Dünd: CRIPPLING GAZE 15: "you may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Dünd. ... If you roll a 15 or higher remove all order markers on the chosen figure's army card"
  • Mind Flayer Mastermind: ENSLAVE 17: "you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this Mind Flayer Mastermind. ... If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero."
  • Morsbane: ROD OF NEGATION: "you may choose any opponent's unique figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Morsbane. ... If you roll a 16-19, ... All of that figure's special powers are negated for the entire game. If you roll a 20, destroy the chosen figure."

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; June 7th, 2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: fixed spelling on an SP copied from a Book; edited per Sherman
Old June 7th, 2015, 11:36 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Mimring, Rhogar Dragonspire, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs and Moltenclaw should not be on that list, as they all require line of sight to their targets, so they must be adjacent to the Varja to attack it.
Old June 7th, 2015, 11:59 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Mimring, Rhogar Dragonspire, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs and Moltenclaw should not be on that list, as they all require line of sight to their targets, so they must be adjacent to the Varja to attack it.
I thought the earlier comments in this thread stated that clear sight and line of sight could not be reliably distinguished from each other. Did I misunderstand? (I actually hope so, because I never really felt settled about that statement.)

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 7th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

"Line of sight" and "clear sight" are reliably different, unless there's an FAQ otherwise. The shotgun specials are the only(?) case of that where the ruling is that the phrase "clear sight shot" requires line of sight.

I think.
Old June 7th, 2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
The shotgun specials are the only(?) case of that where the ruling is that the phrase "clear sight shot" requires line of sight.
DW9K and Myrddin also use that phrase, so I would assume this applies to them as well?

I will remove the other entries from the list.

Old June 7th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
The shotgun specials are the only(?) case of that where the ruling is that the phrase "clear sight shot" requires line of sight.
DW9K and Myrddin also use that phrase, so I would assume this applies to them as well?
Yep.
Old June 7th, 2015, 12:13 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I thought the earlier comments in this thread stated that clear sight and line of sight could not be reliably distinguished from each other. Did I misunderstand? (I actually hope so, because I never really felt settled about that statement.)
Ollie's response is correct; "line of sight" and "clear sight spaces" are not the same. A few early cards used the wording "so-and-so only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure" to indicate that additional affected figures could be outside of line of sight - the shotgun cowboys and Deathwalker 9000 are the only ones, I believe - but that wording was later dropped on subsequent explosion-style powers like Jorhdawn's Rain of Flame SA and Heirloom's Force Orb SA. I hope that catches you up, JaB.
Old June 7th, 2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I hope that catches you up, JaB.
Yes, you guys have been very helpful; thank you. I read those sentences at face value years ago, and I have been doing a couple of things wrong ever since. Misunderstanding the earlier statements in this thread then gave me some new things to do wrong.

Since most other special powers don't bother to say this at all, it would seem that just deleting the confusing sentence makes everything work correctly. If this is true, then that's what I'm going to do on the rectangular cards I'm printing:
EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 7. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Explosion Special Attack. Deathwalker only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Deathwalker can be affected by his own Explosion Special Attack.

SHOTGUN BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack. James/Johnny only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. James/Johnny cannot be affected by his own Shotgun Blast Special Attack.

CALL LIGHTNING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Call Lightning Special Attack. Myrddin only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Myrddin can be affected by his own Call Lightning Special Attack. Figures under overhangs cannot be targeted with Call Lightning Special Attack.
Unless of course there's some nuance that I'm still not understanding.

Maybe Myrddin could get an update?

Old June 7th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Is a Quadradical

Yes, I think the powers work the same way with the sentence deleted. I doubt Myrddin will get changed though as doing so will probably cause as much confusion as it solves, with people reading too much into the lack of that sentence in otherwise parallel powers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs