Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 10th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Smithy Winfred's Customs (Drom Cortanus)

Most (if not all) of the designs are going to be posted with the intention of getting them one day sent to SoV, since I really have a thing for the process the use and I think it's a great system to get ideas published in a real way. With that in mind, most of my customs are going to be centered around units already made, I have no intention of making massive factions like a lot of creators do, I prefer making units that fill a niche roll in a way that can help either consolidate existing factions, making them more playable, or creating new ones out of existing, unrelated factions. I hope you guys enjoy them, I really enjoy making them, and of course any feedback would be incredibly helpful.

Also, most of my customs will be Heroclix figures, simply because they are cheap and available, and I'm not a huge fan of units that are officially released, only to find that getting minis for them is near impossible because they are hard to find, or incredibly expensive.

Dro-No-Ka or maybe Dro-Ka-Sa

Drom Cortanus
Spoiler Alert!

Private James Bridges
Spoiler Alert!

Gork
Spoiler Alert!

Gen. Richard Hammond
Spoiler Alert!

Agent Lockhart
Spoiler Alert!

CommanderAgent Smith
Spoiler Alert!

Dzonokwa
Spoiler Alert!

Agent Hunter
Spoiler Alert!

Bishop Thaddeus III
Spoiler Alert!

Dro-No-Ka
Spoiler Alert!

Demolition Drone MKI
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Smithy Winfred; July 18th, 2015 at 01:45 AM.
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:36 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Smithy Winfred's Customs

Always good to see a new creator putting out content, even a familiar face. It's going to be a little tricky basing everything around Heroclix since they can look pretty comic-booky sometimes but I respect the effort to keep things inexpensive. I've noticed you keeping the rest of us honest on that front .

Commander Smith
This guy is pretty interesting but there are a few issues I foresee. First of all, with VC in mind, be aware that there will be some that will fight a unit adding synergy to a faction that the don't feel should exist. I would say that Agent Skahen gives you a bit of leeway in that capacity but there will be naysayers on that basis alone, especially since it interacts with some powerful units (Krav, Skahen). Tactical Command is not the heaviest synergy, however, so I don't believe it should be too much of a problem. The power itself feels a little cluttered, however. Adding 5 to the initiative on the second option certainly makes it more attractive but feels more like an incentive to balance it rather than a natural link. Energy Shield is unfortunately untenable under current VC policy. The original release of heroscape had attack and defense dice instead of combat dice, where the respective dice would only have skull or shield symbols on them and every other side would be blank. As such, no power refers to blanks. You could use Valkyrie dice but I'm sure others would resist that as well. I otherwise think the design is interesting. Costing him is tricky since he does little other than hold the X OM until the end, but I think mobilizing some powerful ranged squads for that price may push him higher than presented.

Dzonokwa

This is kind of what I meant by looking "comic-booky." He may be passable but the figure gives me pause for calling him a Quasatch. Although it is probably a little more expensive, the Sasquatch from Pathfinder Miniatures - Dungeons Deep may fit a little better in the same role.
Spoiler Alert!

As far as that role goes, 8 life seems awfully high for a miniature of that size and the creature class feels a little unusual. Additionally, I can foresee some hesitation over the reverse bonding he provides for units that can themselves bond. Scouts feels particularly tacked on to me if the primary synergy intention is with two squads of hunters. Non-soulborg exception is otherwise great given the Quasatch Techno Hatred. Interestingly, ending the turn engaged can be a little difficult between Feral Rage and 5 attack. I could see forgoing an attack to get the power. I overall like the idea and the name but a few things feel off.

Agent Hunter

Ranged bonding for the death knights will certainly be welcome. His defense looks artificially high given his equipment. Countertech EMP is a cool power that seems to work just right thematically, although the range feels a bit high on it. I would also probably restrict it to a numbered order marker being revealed on an Army Card you control since this will lead to weird timing scenarios where you would movement bond with Nakitas or bond with the Zettian Infantry while only some of them are within his range. Keeping it to opponents and only useable on your turn makes it more of a Kira Jax thing that plays a bit safer overall. Rutheless assault is otherwise a cool conditional double attack but Inferno Bomb feels a bridge too far by being a ranged fire explosion that can generate multiple unblockable wounds. Any way you slice it, I think this guy is currently way underpriced for 110pts. I really like the idea of him as a counter to rats and Krav in the metagame although I think you pushed him a bit too far with how it all shakes out.

Bishop Thaddeus III
This guy is interesting. Since the Cathar Spearman are a powerful unit, any synergy for them will be met with hesitation. Using an order marker on the Bishop and the X in order to boost their attack by 1 may not be quite worth just taking another turn with the spearmen instead, especially when it comes along with a defense drop. The Fire of Heaven Special Attack is appropriately terrifying but limited in the once per game restriction on it. Nevertheless 70 points may be running a little cheap for an effect that powerful.

Certainly a lot of really cool figures here and some interesting designs. I'd be less critical if these were designs for your own personal fun and enjoyment but the intended goal of having them be submitted to SoV is bringing me to be more direct with my feedback to help in that capacity. I hope this is helpful and I look forward to seeing not only how these designs grow but your other work in the future.
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool units, a lot of use of the X marker (which is always a cool design):

Smith: 120 seems low for such a powerful ability as tactical command, giving a number of already-good units an initiative boost as well as a Battle Rush, all for just one OM.

Dzonakwa: Powerful in his own right and bringing bonding to a number to already-good squads. 150 seems right for that price. He really helps out the Quasatch Hunters, and 8 life is good.

Hunter: Countertech EMP is a great idea for a power, very cool and thematic. Ruthless Assault is a little bit much for 110 points, especially with 7 Range and 3 attack. Unlike DW8000, he can get height to boost his attack. Might be devastating against hordes. His bomb is also quite powerful.

Thaddeus: Potent design. I'm not sure why the Attack on Fire of Heaven is 7+ when it can't go higher. If anything it should be "Attack 7 -Special" or something. Idunno.

Overall, cool designs--you're pretty good at this. Not that I'm an expert in anything... actual professionals would probably have more meaningful feedback.

~TAF

EDIT: Dro-Ko-Ka: Another noble attempt in the Custom community to salvage the Marro Drudge and Groks. He can be helpful for movement bonding. Hunter's Howl was confusing for me at first, since without Grok bonding it essentially does nothing if DKK nets the kill. Range and Attack on the special needs to be switched.

Overall, he seems good, and I appreciate that the Marro Hunter-oriented powers help deter him from being another easy choice for a Roman bonding option.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 10th, 2015, 05:00 PM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Always good to see a new creator putting out content, even a familiar face. It's going to be a little tricky basing everything around Heroclix since they can look pretty comic-booky sometimes but I respect the effort to keep things inexpensive. I've noticed you keeping the rest of us honest on that front .

Commander Smith
This guy is pretty interesting but there are a few issues I foresee. First of all, with VC in mind, be aware that there will be some that will fight a unit adding synergy to a faction that the don't feel should exist. I would say that Agent Skahen gives you a bit of leeway in that capacity but there will be naysayers on that basis alone, especially since it interacts with some powerful units (Krav, Skahen). Tactical Command is not the heaviest synergy, however, so I don't believe it should be too much of a problem. The power itself feels a little cluttered, however. Adding 5 to the initiative on the second option certainly makes it more attractive but feels more like an incentive to balance it rather than a natural link. Energy Shield is unfortunately untenable under current VC policy. The original release of heroscape had attack and defense dice instead of combat dice, where the respective dice would only have skull or shield symbols on them and every other side would be blank. As such, no power refers to blanks. You could use Valkyrie dice but I'm sure others would resist that as well. I otherwise think the design is interesting. Costing him is tricky since he does little other than hold the X OM until the end, but I think mobilizing some powerful ranged squads for that price may push him higher than presented.

Dzonokwa

This is kind of what I meant by looking "comic-booky." He may be passable but the figure gives me pause for calling him a Quasatch. Although it is probably a little more expensive, the Sasquatch from Pathfinder Miniatures - Dungeons Deep may fit a little better in the same role.
Spoiler Alert!

As far as that role goes, 8 life seems awfully high for a miniature of that size and the creature class feels a little unusual. Additionally, I can foresee some hesitation over the reverse bonding he provides for units that can themselves bond. Scouts feels particularly tacked on to me if the primary synergy intention is with two squads of hunters. Non-soulborg exception is otherwise great given the Quasatch Techno Hatred. Interestingly, ending the turn engaged can be a little difficult between Feral Rage and 5 attack. I could see forgoing an attack to get the power. I overall like the idea and the name but a few things feel off.

Agent Hunter

Ranged bonding for the death knights will certainly be welcome. His defense looks artificially high given his equipment. Countertech EMP is a cool power that seems to work just right thematically, although the range feels a bit high on it. I would also probably restrict it to a numbered order marker being revealed on an Army Card you control since this will lead to weird timing scenarios where you would movement bond with Nakitas or bond with the Zettian Infantry while only some of them are within his range. Keeping it to opponents and only useable on your turn makes it more of a Kira Jax thing that plays a bit safer overall. Rutheless assault is otherwise a cool conditional double attack but Inferno Bomb feels a bridge too far by being a ranged fire explosion that can generate multiple unblockable wounds. Any way you slice it, I think this guy is currently way underpriced for 110pts. I really like the idea of him as a counter to rats and Krav in the metagame although I think you pushed him a bit too far with how it all shakes out.

Bishop Thaddeus III
This guy is interesting. Since the Cathar Spearman are a powerful unit, any synergy for them will be met with hesitation. Using an order marker on the Bishop and the X in order to boost their attack by 1 may not be quite worth just taking another turn with the spearmen instead, especially when it comes along with a defense drop. The Fire of Heaven Special Attack is appropriately terrifying but limited in the once per game restriction on it. Nevertheless 70 points may be running a little cheap for an effect that powerful.

Certainly a lot of really cool figures here and some interesting designs. I'd be less critical if these were designs for your own personal fun and enjoyment but the intended goal of having them be submitted to SoV is bringing me to be more direct with my feedback to help in that capacity. I hope this is helpful and I look forward to seeing not only how these designs grow but your other work in the future.
Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate the critical look at the figures. And I agree completely about the comic bookieness, but I have had huge success through washes over Clix figures in order to improve their appearance, and the precedent is there, I just prefer it when figures don't cost 4$ a figure.

In response to some of the points:

C-Smith - I understand the concern over the bonding issue, which is why I limited it to once per round. The +5 initiative tacked on was designed as a way for units, especially ones that must be unengaged (Microcorp troopers) and ones that benefit greatly from not needing to move on the first order marker (like the Gorilltroopers), but the power can be used any time you feel you need the boost to initiative as well. I definitely see where you're coming from, though. I would like a suggestion for the energy shield, would you suggest removing it, changing it to Valkyrie dice, or changing it to something else (I was thinking re-roll one die that did not show a shield)

Dzonokwa - I agree that I scouts feels a little tacked on, but all the units it adds tend to be units that fit the bill as far as "the wild" goes. I also wasn't a huge fan of the backwards bonding with bonded units, but I don't really see any real conflict, you would just have to be more careful on where OMs go. I could go for a drop in life, I choose 8 simply because I knew he's be taking a lot of hits, and as for size, Valguard has 7 life and a similar (if not smaller) size, but I agree he is a tad small for braxas level power

Agent Hunter - I'm actually thinking of just dropping the Grenade altogether, it was really just there for the sculpt's grenade, and I'd prefer he had a lower price tag anyway. Totally forgot he bonds with the death knights, I had meant him as range support for the Knights of Blackguard, but he works for the DKs as well.

Thaddeus - I thought he would be a bit to cheap myself, but I figured that the 3 defense and 4 life would make him easy enough to kill to make him cheaper. I also sort of pictured him being able to draw fire for the Cathar. All in all, not my favorite design, but I like the sculpt, and I think the theme fits, I just don't know how to fit him into the Cathar army correctly

Hope you enjoy my new one, and thanks again for being tough on them, I'd prefer you bash completely on them so I at least know what I'm doing wrong
Old June 10th, 2015, 05:44 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I would like a suggestion for the energy shield, would you suggest removing it, changing it to Valkyrie dice, or changing it to something else (I was thinking re-roll one die that did not show a shield)
Re-roll 1 die that did not show a shield is awfully similar to just getting an extra defense die if you have any more than 2 defense. You could do it if you want a low impact power. Re-rolling all dice that whiffed is a little better than your original power that your probability of rolling a shield with a single die goes from 1/2 to 5/9 (as opposed to the usual 1/3). If you want to stick go for Valkyrie dice, I think you'd need to make him more like a flagbearer and restrict his shielding only to Vydar units.

Quote:
I could go for a drop in life, I choose 8 simply because I knew he's be taking a lot of hits, and as for size, Valguard has 7 life and a similar (if not smaller) size, but I agree he is a tad small for braxas level power
Valguard specifically has high health because of the lizard arm augmentation. Tandros Kreel is presumably because of magical items. I think 7 life could probably work for the beefy sasquatch and I wouldn't blink at 6.

Quote:
Thaddeus - I thought he would be a bit to cheap myself, but I figured that the 3 defense and 4 life would make him easy enough to kill to make him cheaper. I also sort of pictured him being able to draw fire for the Cathar.
He may draw fire before you use his blast but otherwise I think he'll go ignored once he fires off that off. If he's using his power, you want to focus on killing the Spearmen while their defenses are down (you'll have a free turn to do it). Otherwise I could see trying to wipe him out quickly and steal an order marker but 4 life and 3 defense may be committing a bit much to a unit that will otherwise hide in the back lines. The blast is powerful enough that I could see holding back some big important hero until he is dead or spent.

Dro-No-Ka
I think conventional wisdom is for Marro Warlord's names to end in Sa though two examples is hardly a definite rule. Wild hunt seems like a good way to move groks (or lose attacks to double mobilize the drudges), but I think his best use is going to be with the romans as a powerful ranged bonder between his normal stats and special attack. What is the duration for Hunter's Howl. Typically a power that increases a stat, like Wait-then-Fire, lasts only for that turn. I would believe this is for the round, but then the language for who it applies to is a little vague. Does it only work for those that were within 6 clear sight spaces of him upon destroying that figure so they could then move away and enjoy the benefit? I think a power like that needs to be written as an aura that turns on if he sees or makes a kill. With all that together it would certainly help the maligned Marro Hunters.
Old June 10th, 2015, 11:52 PM

Thanks for the tips on Dro-No-Ka, I meant it to be an aura, where he needs to see the kill to activate it, and that was the intent of the design. I didn't think about his bonding options as a warlord, I might need to fiddle with the wording on some of the powers to avoid turn issues. I'm also probably going to change the SA to be a triple attack, but only useable if he doesn't move, just to keep it dialed back a bit, keeping from overshadowing the marro he is trying to help out, and forcing him to actually use his normal attack.

[EDIT] I've updated the designs based on the suggestions (thanks again):

Smith - Messed around with the wording for the first power to better match other in game powers as best I could, and changed the shield to Valkyrie dice

Dzonokwa - Dropped life and attack by one, and dropped scouts from the list of possible bonding options

Hunter - Dropped Inferno Bomb completely, and dropped defense by one and reduced points to 90, I'm aiming for more of a Van Nessing style, where he is worth his points despite not being in the perfect matchup (should be easy through his bonding with the DKs and synergy with the KoB)

Thaddeus - Increased the range of the aura, and changed the activation mechanic, now it doesn't require on OM on him to activate

Dro-No-Ka - I fixed hunter's howl, and changed plasma barrage to only work at all if he didn't move, making it more of an artillery fire power (should still be killer with the Romans, though) Does anyone think that he might be too good with the Romans, because I'm open to changing his class to Overlord if need be. I'd also lik to know if anyone would think it a good idea to add Marrden to the list, as to include the Marrden Hounds in the synergy (they could really use a consistent movement power) and if so, should it be in one or both of the powers?

Thanks again for the help, any other critique is highly appreciated, I'm going to play some more games with them in the coming days to hammer down point costs.

Last edited by Smithy Winfred; June 11th, 2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old June 11th, 2015, 07:09 PM

Here's a size comparison for Dzonokwa, as well as some additional pictures for Dro-No-Ka
Spoiler Alert!

As you can see, Dzonokwa is a lot bigger than he appears in the other pictures, easily a large 7, and I think it easily warrants 7 life if he needs it.. I gave him a simple black wash, and I think it really looks good on the figure, it really works well with the fur texture to make him look much more realistic, and I think that addresses the two concerns about the figure.
Old June 15th, 2015, 10:59 AM

UPDATE

New figure, Agent Lockhart, and katana wielding cheerleader for the Nakita and Microcorp Agents, chances are, I will have another one coming later today

Agent Lockhart

The figure used is Colleen Wing from the Deadpool set

This is another of my attempts to make some sort of a leadership figure for the Agents, most notably, the ones that don't see a lot of playtime, the Microcorp Agents and the Nakita Agents. She can boost those rolls by 3, making the Nakita pack a dangerous 12 or higher engagement strike, and protected by a 10 or higher smoke powder roll, turning them into a very powerful squad. The Microcorp agents like her as well, now needing only a 12 to trigger their protective armor. The aura is limited, and Lockhart herself is pretty fragile, and a figure most of the game she can be protected by the nakita with their own smoke powder, posing the question to your opponent on whether or not they want to risk the Smoke Bomb, or try to kill the person buffing them, either way she has her uses. In addition, she can carry her own in a fight, especially if she can get into a cluster of baddies before they attack her.

Theme wise, I thought of her as another member of the Nakita agents (maybe a blurb on her ninja training). I was debating whether or not to give her phantom walk, but went with not because I liked the card with only two powers.
Old June 15th, 2015, 01:04 PM

And another update today (turns out I get very industrious when I'm bored)

Gen. Richard Hammond

The figure used is called General Thunderbolt Ross

This guy had been bouncing around in my head for a while, but I just got the Civil War figures today, and I thought it would be cool to have a general who could help them make better use of their Hold Position power. He can move a single OM around, once per round, which can help in a number of ways, for various soldier units. The most obvious application is on the 20th Maine Volunteers, who really like getting a bit more flexibility when it comes to getting those precious +2 defense dice. Another use that I really like is as another hero for the 9th Infantry Pathfinders, who, in addition to getting a +1 to defense (which is invaluable to such fragile units) they also get flexibility when it come to using their Firefight ability, and you don't have to worry so much if your opponent messes up your strategy by killing off a bunch of pathfinders in one turn. The Airborne like him as well, since you can risk more order markers after they get the drop without worrying about losing half of them to bad rolls

I hope he isn't too powerful, I designed him as a guy who can help manage OMs in a faction that has some trouble with that problem, plus thematically, its cool to see a general commanding his troops around. I have some ideas to nerf his powers if the turn out too powerful during testing.

Dro-No-Ka
On another note, I did get some games in with the Marro Hunter faction (only Drudge so far, but I've got time today, so I might try out the hounds). As it stands, my only main concern is that, although the movement power helps a ton (getting board position is very easy, and it makes getting height pretty simple), I'm not feeling like the Aura helps all too incredibly, and I'm thinking of changing it to no defense bonus, but a +2 to attack. It would make the drudge very dangerous, but the aura has to be triggered first, which is no easy task. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Smithy Winfred; June 15th, 2015 at 01:59 PM.
Old June 15th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lockhart: Very dangerous for only 80 points, but fragile and relatively unsynergetic. I'd be careful of handing out such a powerful 20d boost to the Nakitas though. I once played a game where they got +3 to their 20d rolls (Elaria The Pale + 2 Glyph of Lodins), and they're like Isamus with guns. Range limit on the aura helps, however.

Hammond: A useful army guy with a neat OM power. To me his most obvious use would be with the Ariborne Elite, but he's good with the others as well. I would be more careful with his Aura with the 4th Mass, but luckily he's not Valiant, so it cancels out. Who the hell is General McAllan?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 15th, 2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Lockhart: Very dangerous for only 80 points, but fragile and relatively unsynergetic. I'd be careful of handing out such a powerful 20d boost to the Nakitas though. I once played a game where they got +3 to their 20d rolls (Elaria The Pale + 2 Glyph of Lodins), and they're like Isamus with guns. Range limit on the aura helps, however.

Hammond: A useful army guy with a neat OM power. To me his most obvious use would be with the Ariborne Elite, but he's good with the others as well. I would be more careful with his Aura with the 4th Mass, but luckily he's not Valiant, so it cancels out. Who the hell is General McAllan?

~TAF
Oops, General Mcallan was the original name I had for him, I need to change that. And ya, I was worried about the 4th, but figured they would prefer the all time +1.

I figured, as well, that the Nakita's power doesn't effect Special Attacks, so that should also help keep them in check, and yes, Lockhart is fragile and has to be within a certain aura. It could get out of control with Lodin and Elaria, but having to control a glyph, and keep track of two auras should make actually using the Nakitas tough.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 04:15 PM

Agent Lockhart
I'd give her Phantom Walk. She looks like she sould have it and it is a short power. It will make her noticeably more powerful when coupled with her Deadly Whirlwind (also two powers in one but it reads just fine). She's a bit fragile but that ability makes her a heavy hitter. She may be a bit under the mark on points (although I'm not really sure). Her aura is a solid boost that definitely makes her chargers more threatening. The nakitas are still limited in that there are only three of them (making them inherently swingy), but the Microcorp Agents would be enjoying a potent boost that would wash out with enough of them. She gives their stealth armor a 50% bump in likelihood to succeed. Since these are ranged squads we're talking about, it's not terribly hard to get them to remain within the aura, either.

Gen. Richmond Hammond

Rygarn has certainly taught me the value of some order marker flexibility, especially with the soldiers who are pretty unique heavy and light on synergy. I think he's thematic without fundamentally changing the nature of how the soldiers work. Patriotic Defense Aura is also all well and good in protecting your people. He's a natural leader for the Pathfinders, that's for sure.

For Dro-Kar-Na, I think adding 2 to the drudges' attacks is a frightening concept. Dro-Kar-Na's stats are such that getting a kill isn't really all that hard for him in the first place, making him a great choice for OM 1. More accurately, you'd probably pair him with romans to get a solid turn out of him and super-charge your drudges to take your next two order markers and rain down Armageddon from behind a shield wall.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards