Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 21st, 2007, 12:00 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of James Murphy

The Book of James Murphy
Zanafor's Discovery - Collection 4 - "Lawmen and Samurai"

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: James Murphy has left trouble in his wake since he left Five-Strings, Kansas at the age of 13. Living on and off the roailroads, using only his guile and his whip, James Murphy is his own boss, his own leader, and his own worst enemy. The only thing worse than a man with a whip is a mean man with a whip. (Hasbro)
    James Murphy's Shotgun Blast Special Attack requires a "clear sight shot" to his target. Does the phrase "clear sight" indicate that James Murphy needs only line of sight to any part of the figure rather than the hit zone?
    No. James Murphy needs line of sight to the targeted figure's hitzone to use this attack. (Grungebob)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - LAGLOR : Vydar’s Range Enhancement Aura
    As Vydar units with a range greater than 4, James Murphy may benefit from Laglor’s VYDAR’S RANGE ENHANCEMENT AURA.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
    * Having a Disciplined personality, James Murphy may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED
    ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
    *NOTE: See The Book of Sacred Band for proper application.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: James Murphy- Like Johnny Shotgun, but a little better for point cost. B

OEAO: B-

Cleon: Tier 5 (122/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B

Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 19th, 2019 at 11:20 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 21st, 2007, 03:06 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Base a Competitive Army Around: James Murphy
Round V
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6778
Old May 21st, 2007, 03:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
This guy seems like an odd choice for Vydar to me. A Disciplined Historical figure seems like a shoe in for Einar.
Old May 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
I think they were trying to get a cowboy in for everyone. Murphy fits Vydar best.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
So Can Murph Whip somebody (personA) adjacent to him and then use his shotgun blast on somebody (personB) adjacent to the person he whipped (person A) but not adjacent to him henceforth Murph would suffer no damage and person A would not be able to defend the shotgun blast? (I hope that makes sense.)

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
So Can Murph Whip somebody (personA) adjacent to him and then use his shotgun blast on somebody (personB) adjacent to the person he whipped (person A) but not adjacent to him henceforth Murph would suffer no damage and person A would not be able to defend the shotgun blast? (I hope that makes sense.)
That's a good question. I would say yes, but then person A isn't being targetted for the attack...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:14 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
That's a good question. I would say yes, but then person A isn't being targetted for the attack...
Doesn't a Special Attack have to attack an engaged figure first though?

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:16 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
Quote:
Quote:
True, but the situation would be the same if both A and B were enganged with Murphy. He could Whip one, Blast them both, and he still wouldn't be affected ("Murphy is never affected by his own Shotgun Blast").

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Let's say person A is a Zettian Guard and you would like to get rid of his High DEF, but person B is adjacent to person A and several others that person A is not adjacent to. So you would wan tto whip A but shotgun B.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:23 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
True, but the situation would be the same if both A and B were enganged with Murphy. He could Whip one, Blast them both, and he still wouldn't be affected ("Murphy is never affected by his own Shotgun Blast").
Yea, good point.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:37 PM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yea, good point.
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't special attacks able to target anyone in range of said attack? I thought that normal attacks were required to be used against engaged figures but special attacks were exempt from this rule.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:45 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't special attacks able to target anyone in range of said attack? I thought that normal attacks were required to be used against engaged figures but special attacks were exempt from this rule.
Consider yourself corrected. For any attack (Normal or Special) you are required to attack engaged figures before you attack anyone else.

The exception is special powers, which are not attacks. The example I like to use is Nilfhelm and Braxas. Nlifhelm's Ice Breath is a special attack, which can attack up to 3 different figures. If Nlf is engagaed with 1 figure, he better makes sure he kills that one or he won't be able to use attacks 2 & 3. Braxas has a special power, that can be used at range, so she can roll the D20 for acid breath on any figure in range, even if she is engaged by a different figure.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units