Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 6th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Ronin's Classic Customs

Starting a classic customs thread. I don't think this will see a ton of use, since C3G is my first love and I haven't even played classic Scape in a while - been meaning to get back in the swing of it, though, and I've been taking more of an interest in the stuff going on in this part of the forum.

So here's this:

The mini is an ARGUS Agent from the Flash Heroclix set. I developed kind of a fascination with this mini because I accidentally cut myself while rebasing one, and got a light splattering of blood on its boots. I conceded to hygiene and cleaned the thing off, but with some reluctance - it looked really metal with the dried blood on there.

Anyway, this is the first custom idea I've been kicking around for a while that doesn't quite make sense in C3G, which is part of why we're here.

I wanted a 'diversionary/drawing-out' kind of unit. Lifted Hard Target off the C3V Microcorp Troopers for some sense of continuity with other troopers people might have lying around, and because it gives her some ability to draw enemy heroes down to low ground.

The cost is what you might call a wild guess. Haven't played classic in a while, never had a ton of the classic units (cursed by limited income as a teen and then huge price tags as an adult), and I've never really touched C3V/SoV stuff. My knowledge of the meta is... let's say rough.

Planning on getting back into playing some classic scape after the holidays, and I'll have a chance to do some testing and tweaking then.
Old December 6th, 2018, 02:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Ronin's Classic Customs

Cool powerset.

I actually think she may be slightly undercosted. Multiple attacks is good, and she can reliably get 3 attacks of 3. Combine that with decent survivability that's boosted by Hard Target, and she's not half bad. Get her to height somewhere and she'll be pretty destructive.

I'd probably call her 110 or 120.
Old December 6th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I could buy her cost coming up a little bit, yeah. I was also thinking about making her multi-attack a special, to discourage her from running for height. (Well, a little bit - obviously controlling height is always nice)
Old December 6th, 2018, 04:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I would adjust the drawing them out power to end the multi attack once engaged. Theme wise its a fail if commons are engaged with her and she still gets the extra attacks. I believe it would also keep the power in check. If this is done then it really wouldnt be a problem being a normal or special. Overall I like the design.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 6th, 2018, 04:52 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I would adjust the drawing them out power to end the multi attack once engaged. Theme wise its a fail if commons are engaged with her and she still gets the extra attacks. I believe it would also keep the power in check. If this is done then it really wouldnt be a problem being a normal or special. Overall I like the design.
I agree with @TREX on this.
Did you have a reasoning for it being only unique heroes and not other figs? If not, I would go with TREX's advice and also keep it as a normal ability and not a special attack.

I really like the simplicity of it! Good job!
Old December 6th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Symbiotic

I was envisioning it as a 'draw out the big guns by applying pressure to the regular troops' sort of power.

I agree that the logic does feel slightly off in the current version, in that once she successfully draws out the big guns, she kinda chills out. So that might be reason to take a slightly different approach. But I definitely wouldn't want the fix to be letting commons and squaddies keep her from multi-attacking - that takes away too much of the flavor I was going for, I think.
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:09 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I was envisioning it as a 'draw out the big guns by applying pressure to the regular troops' sort of power.

I agree that the logic does feel slightly off in the current version, in that once she successfully draws out the big guns, she kinda chills out. So that might be reason to take a slightly different approach. But I definitely wouldn't want the fix to be letting commons and squaddies keep her from multi-attacking - that takes away too much of the flavor I was going for, I think.
I see your reasoning. With that explanation I get it.

It reminds me of Men in Black when Wil Smith kept stepping on cockroaches to draw the Big Baddie out.

By all means go in the direction you feel is best to see your vision for her fulfilled!
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think the power should be Draw Out The Big Guns.
Cool design. I agree it should come up a little, triple range attack is a big deal.
I think making it a special attack is a great idea as it will cut down on variability.
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:41 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Love it. Simple and effective. I like everything about this design...though yes price is probably 120.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:43 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Interesting card, Ronin - cool to see you round here! I wasn't convinced by her first power at first glance, but it's growing on me.
Looking at her figure, though, I'm wondering how good a fit Hard Target is - the Microcorp Troopers have a camo pattern on their uniforms, she doesn't. I'd be more tempted to reuse a form of the Microcorp Agents' Stealth Suit here, if you want a Microcorp connection.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 6th, 2018, 07:09 PM
Symbiotic

Thanks for the positive comments and encouragement, guys!

Is Hard Target meant to represent camo? Camouflage isn't really related to the conventional meaning of 'hard target', as I understand it.

I was really after more of a trooper connection than a Microcorp connection, so I'm not sure lifting something from the Microcorp Agents would work for me. (There might be some other troopers to riff on, though, certainly)
Old December 8th, 2018, 05:15 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

The "Hard Target" ability might help her against armies with the "Sighting" power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards