Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which of The Ruins of Valhalla maps is the best?!
Forsaken Cloister 3 7.50%
Arborshate's Pathway 1 2.50%
By a Common Barrier 0 0%
Ruined Pier 4 10.00%
The Great Wall of Valhalla 12 30.00%
Desecrated Mine 10 25.00%
Hephaestus 2 5.00%
Valda Keep 2 5.00%
Stalwart 3 7.50%
From the Ashes 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 17th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Building Contest: Ruins of Valhalla

Wow.

Great map master4sword.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 17th, 2016, 08:15 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
"The marro corruption has already engulfed the fortress," the elven scout reported.

"So they're closer than we'd anticipated. Good. No need to draw things out longer than necessary," Commander Syvarris replied. "We'll take shelter in the ruins for tonight. If the corruption has spread this far, Utgar's latest hive can't be far now."

As the elves snuck into the wrecked fortress, the fight would be upon them sooner than they'd anticipated...

---

"At this rate, the wasteland will spread passed the ruins in just a matter of days," the young agent informed Tul-Bak-Ra.

"Good," came the telepathic reply. "Keep monitoring the spread. Utgar is to be informed the moment the ruins will be suitable for hosting a new hive."

"Affirmative."

As the agent returned to the rest of his small team staying at the ruins, he couldn't help but wonder if this destruction was truly the best way to engage Ullar's forces. But he wouldn't have much time to ponder, as he was unknowingly headed right into battle...

---

Two sides, both taking temporary residence within a ruin. Conflict seems inevitable...but for now, they are separated by a common barrier...

---

By a Common Barrier (PDF, HSC)

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 Marvel, 1 FotA

Spoiler Alert!

Decided to try out something a bit unusual for my second entry. Take cover and navigate around to the enemy, or detour and nab a glyph or two. The enemy is right next to you, yet simultaneously so far away. Sure, you might be able to fly right in immediately, but then you're surrounded by their entire force whilst cut off from your own troops. What will you do when you and your enemy are only separated By a Common Barrier?

This layout for a start zone is really going to mess with some army builds. I like that a lot. It makes me want to play the Drudge.
Old September 18th, 2016, 03:23 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I would be interested to see some competitive games played on that board.
Old September 18th, 2016, 10:06 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, I guess I've waited long enough to make a dramatic almost-last-day entry.

Here are the pdf downloads for both of my maps (sorry the pictures aren't very high-quality - it's been a long time since I've used virtualscape and was in a little bit of a hurry):

From the Ashes

Requires: 1 RotV, 1 VW, 1 FotA
Spoiler Alert!

Joutn Tripped...

Requires: 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 RttFF
Spoiler Alert!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 19th, 2016, 01:19 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Here are my entries.

Manor Ruins
Spoiler Alert!

Roundabout Marsh
Spoiler Alert!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 19th, 2016, 07:10 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Great Submissions. All maps are looking great! Man this is exciting...all contestants have put together "A" class material for this competition. No shortage of skill here by any means. Just 1 day left for any final submissions!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 19th, 2016, 08:09 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

Here is my map submission
Arborshate's Pathway
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4D...ZfczZrNTg/view
Requires 1 RotV 1 BftU 1 RttFF

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4D...FOUzNjM0E/view

I had some trouble with the vs files and the picture on the build instruction but the links will bring you to the instructions and a picture.
Thanks
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Map: Hephaestus HSC file
Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 VW.

Rage of Hephaestus: If a figure is on a Glyph of Brandar at the end of the round, remove that glyph. All of the opponent's figures standing on a Lava Field space within 4 spaces of the central tile must roll two dice for lava damage instead of one.

I'm not entirely sure if the central space is legal. The battlements attach half to a molten lava tile, half to a lava field hex. Here's a picture of it with sand and water proxied:

Judges, is the map ok to submit? If not, I can remove the battlements on the center hex.

I've been super busy, so I wasn't able to write up any backstory. I was envisioning an abandoned armory located on a volcano as I built the map. Hope you enjoy!
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:52 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Robber , the battlements in the center are fine. I like the aesthetics and it is a unique line of site blocker. I am fine with that lava tile being contained in the battlements. Nice work.
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:57 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sweet! Thank you!
Old September 20th, 2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEpicAlpaca View Post
Here is my map submission
Arborshate's Pathway
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4D...ZfczZrNTg/view
Requires 1 RotV 1 BftU 1 RttFF

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4D...FOUzNjM0E/view

I had some trouble with the vs files and the picture on the build instruction but the links will bring you to the instructions and a picture.
Thanks
Those links will work just fine. Thanks for your submission.
Old September 20th, 2016, 12:05 AM

According to my computer it is 10:03 MST, so that gives everyone about two more hours to get submissions in. You guys have really impressed me a ton and your submission mean a lot. This will be a very special NHSD tournament using all your hard work. Just wish you guys could be there in person to play a game with us.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games